1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

International Film Star Shahrukh Khan Bullied by Angry Homeless Man

Discussion in 'My Name Is Khan' started by lara, Jan 8, 2009.

1. lara

lara Jodi No.1

Shah Rukh Khan was Roughly Shoved While Waiting in Line in Hollywood
    Hollywood, California, January 2009

International film star Shah Rukh Khan was roughly shoved and attacked while standing in line on January 5, 2009. The Indian star was not injured and even turned to his attacker, smiled, and said, "Push harder."

It was on the set of the film, "My Name is Khan," that the event occurred and it was part of a scene. I know all the details because I was the homeless man who pushed him. As a background actor who lives and works in Hollywood, it was my good fortune to get a part as a homeless man in the film. Don't get me wrong, I am not notable in the film except for the dubious honor of roughly pushing the star of the film. I am strictly background.

The star of the film, however, is well known to movie goers around the world. While Shahrukh Khan may not be a household name in the United States, he is an international film star who is respected for his acting ability. Time magazine named him one of the top 40 Asian stars. While he usually works in Bollywood, and has an impressive list of credits, he was in Hollywood, California for the filming of this picture by director and writer, Karan Johar, another Bollywood notable.

Shahrukh Khan is known for being a great actor and watching him in action was very impressive. In fact the whole crew were impressive, my only experience to date having been with American film crews, this was my first opportunity to see how an Indian crew would handle filming. Always the professional artist, Shah Rukh was a good sport and didn't seem to mind being pushed. He turned to me and smiled and said, "Get angry, push harder." So I did, roughly shoving him on the next take. We shot several takes so that the director could get just the right look.

I hope the audience and his many fans all over the world won't hate me for being so rude and attacking Shah Rukh. I can assure you he was smiling after the scene and seemed no worse for the wear. He is a professional and I am sure he would tell you, "Anything for my art." I also apologize for not divulging any of the plot. First of all, I don't know the plot, but if I did I still would not be permitted to speak about it, you'll just have to go and see the movie. You can learn more about the film at "My Name is Khan," at IMDB.com

I also hope the film will be well received and get the credit it deserves. After watching Shah Ruhk Khan in action, I can tell you that he is doing a wonderful job and you won't be disappointed.

There is always the possibility that my contribution in the scene will be taken out during the editing, but if not, you will see this scruffy old actor and writer, Wil Langord, as a homeless man. Background acting in Hollywood is always an adventure, one day I was a hippie screaming at a famous actor trying to get him out of his limo and then another day I was pushing a well loved star around. That's Hollywood.

Sources:IMDB

Source:http://www.associatedcontent.com/ar...star_shahrukh_khan.html?singlepage=true&cat=2

2. mj1984

mj1984 Active Member

haha lol. when i just read the heading, i was like what? how dare he. but it's gud to know that the gentleman had a nice experience. well with srk around there's never a dull moment.

3. bluey[Ru]

bluey[Ru] Guest

seriously.. people these days need to have a better attention graber! :tape2:

edit: ok.. read the article.. nice :D

edit 2: the dude's picture http://willangford.com/wilauthor250x373.jpg .. dont know where i saw him before :confused2:

4. Shabana_SRK

Shabana_SRK Dr D&G

what a weird headline so funny i really would like to see this scene.

5. Pompula

Pompula Shahrukh Fan-Girl

I also had the same reaction to the headline... But the story is very nice, and it's nice to read such praise for Shahrukh's professionalism, we are of course aware that he is very professional, but it doesn't get written about enough...

6. rahulsn011

rahulsn011 Well-Known Member

I was rather scared when I saw the title but what a lovely article! Nicely written about our King...that is much appreciated!

7. sanjani

sanjani Ullu-Club Member

I will think of it while watching the film... :nod: :)

8. prilvsrk

prilvsrk ♥tere liye♥

haha.. this made me laugh!! :rofl:

9. Shabana_SRK

Shabana_SRK Dr D&G

totally agree with you katja. itsss nice especially from an american who is always in the presence of a celeb and the fact that srk's personality and humility struck a chord with him is wonderful

10. Hasret

Hasret Ullu-Club-Member

omg the headline scared me :eek: :tape: but the article is very beautiful :heart:
    so sweet of him to talk about shahrukh like that :heart:

11. dilos

dilos Well-Known Member

This article- a very sweet one -makes me think how difficult ,detailed and long process filmmaking is..so many people is contributing ,so many hard work unseen ..

12. Anjali72

Anjali72 Thanx Shah Rukh!!!

Reading the title I was scared:scared:...but what a really nice story!!!:p:thumb:

13. Fiona

Fiona Active Member

alike everyone else when i saw the heading..i was like what the heck:).
    But its all good.Must say an excellent by par decessive heading:p

14. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

yup, the title got me too :lol: but was nice after all, if it's true that is :D ahhh just can't wait

15. bonita

bonita Shahrukh-My LOVE

when i first read it i was scared and as i read a little more I was like what a relief that it was not for real
    but i think that if it wasn't for the movie and it did happen for
    real...I think Shahrukh would have acted the same way
    the man talk very nice about SRk and excited to see the movie...I will be looking for the part

16. semaay

semaay Senior Member

Yes, that was really a very weird headline and first I wasn't sure about it. It's nice what he said about SRK and the crew.

Thanks for sharing!

17. karim2

karim2 Active Member

what the fish! I was also scared when I read the title, I still feel my blood simmering. thank god this was not the case.

18. starstar

starstar People are not perfect (except when they smile)

I couldn't agree more with you Kaja. It feels so lovely to read such nic things about Shahrukh and his professionnalism - that are not onmly nice but, above all, true facts.

The fact that Shahrukh's professionnalism is recognized and praised by a foreigner - an American who to working in the "big" Hollywood industry - feels even nicer. It's wonderful. It makes me feel proud. Proud to be a Shahrukh fan :)

I'll definitely be looking forward to watching that scene when watching "MNIK"

19. babygirl23

babygirl23 New Member

you ****ing scared the daylight out of me I thought it was real uhh what a relief it is not

20. polyn

polyn Active Member

Nice article. Shahrukh leaves such a good impression on people he meets.Can't wait for the movie to release.