1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Info about JTHJ DVD and Blue-Ray Disc

Discussion in 'Jab Tak Hai Jaan' started by Manikanta, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Manikanta

Manikanta Well-Known Member

From Wikipedia...

Yash Raj Films launched Jab Tak Hai Jaan in VCD, DVD and high-definition Blu-ray Disc™ formats on 3 January 2013. The Blu-ray Disc™ edition featured Dolby TrueHD® 96k upsampling, Dolby Surround 7.1 sound and came with two additional DVDs. This is the second Indian film's home media to feature this new technology after it was first introduced with Ek Tha Tiger.

Four hours of extra footage was included on the discs with content such as the making of the film and songs, an interview of Yash Chopra with Shahrukh Khan, deleted scenes, videos of the lead actor learning to play the guitar and ride a bike, and footage from the film's premiere that was held in a specially constructed vintage theatre at Yash Raj Studios in Mumbai.

MaryAnnK, semsem008, nika and 4 others thanked this.
  2. RizwanaShahrukh

RizwanaShahrukh I love SRK

nika says thanks.
  3. SWEET

SWEET ♥Panorama♥

guys if i order the dvd from amazon like let say today when i will receive it?

4. Areams

Areams Photographer, Filmmaker, and SRK Fan

Depends on a few things. Amazon itself is currently out of stock. You can get it from Planet Bollywood through Amazon, which is what i did today. $16 with expedited shipping and the latest it will arrive is Friday next week and earliest Tuesday.

http://www.amazon.com/JAB-TAK-HAI-JAAN-MANAFACTURER/dp/B00AUG2UM0/ref=pd_cp_mov_0

SWEET says thanks.
  5. Mara

Mara Well-Known Member

I went through an hour of Los Angeles Friday freeway traffic to get my Blu Ray DVD today. Just missed by minutes an overturned cement truck that blocked the freeway after me for hours. The HD quality seems spotty: strong in some places, ordinary video in other places, but that could be my old PS3 player. I'm at intermission now and brewed up some chai. Back to the movie!

MaryAnnK says thanks.
  6. Mara

Mara Well-Known Member

Warning! In the extras, "Making of the Film", SRK speaks 95% of the time in Hindi, and there are no English subtitles. His interviews are always the best part of the extras for me. He's so animated and enthusiastic when he speaks. Of course, everyone else is speaking mostly in English, and, in principle, a Hindi film should have Hindi commentary, but it's still disappointing if you don't speak Hindi. Hopefully some great soul will add subtitles and make it available somewhere on the Internet.
    Why did he repeat twice "no bathroom"? How could they have a set, make him drink all that tea, and not have a porta-potty of some sort somewhere near?
    And it's nice but sad to see Yash Chopra everywhere, spoken of in the present tense. It must have been made before he passed on.
    All the other extras features have been on fan sites, or YouTube, except the deleted scenes- which were here.

7. Manikanta

Upon its release, the Jab Tak Hai Jaan DVD became a best seller on Amazon. It outsold other films like Amélie and A Separation to claim the top spot on Amazon's Best Sellers in Foreign Films list. This is the first time an Indian film has claimed the top spot in terms of global online retail.

Mara, Debbie, MaryAnnK and 3 others thanked this.
  8. MaryAnnK

MaryAnnK Well-Known Member

I was going to wait to order the HD version, because many times I have been disappointed. I did order the regular DVD and can't wait for it to get here!

9. Pompula

Pompula Shahrukh Fan-Girl

I also ordered my DVD this week. It's on the way now.... Can't wait to receive and watch it. :)

10. Rayhana

Rayhana Well-Known Member

why do yrf insist on never having subtitles for their videos on youtube also...they should try to make it more accessible for everyone. Dharma is the same I think

FKhan and Mara thank this.
  11. SWEET

SWEET ♥Panorama♥

guys is it ok to order the dvd set from amazon?!! bc i read in some forms that its not the original!!! its pariet what u think?1

12. Sofie

Sofie Well-Known Member

From what I know, Amazon is one of the most reliable site to buy online. The latest DVD set is the original version. So, I don't think you have to worry about its originality.:)

SWEET and Mara thank this.
  13. Manikanta

14. MaryAnnK

MaryAnnK Well-Known Member

I got mine today!!! It is the 3-disc set from Yash Raj and it appears to be the original. Packaging is nice. I am so excited.

Anjali72, Shanti Chand and iamsrking thank this.
  15. Shanti Chand

Shanti Chand BANNED.

I ordered mine on the 3rd of January on Ebay from a British seller and I received the copy yesterday (€ 18.60 3 disc deluxe edition)

Anjali72 says thanks.
  16. mumbiene

mumbiene Well-Known Member

Jab Tak Hai Jaan (dt. Titel: Solang ich lebe)
    Label: REM

DVD & Blu-ray Release: 08.03.2013

jthj1cmid0.jpg
    REM Filmseite: http://rapideyemovies.de/film/solang...ue/dvd/genre/3

DVD bei Amazon (D):
    http://www.amazon.de/Solang-ich-lebe...7906361&sr=8-1 (Special Edition, 2 DVDs)
    http://www.amazon.de/Solang-ich-lebe...7906361&sr=8-3 (Normale Softbox, 1 DVD)

Blu-ray bei Amazon (D):
    http://www.amazon.de/Solang-ich-lebe...7906361&sr=8-4

DVD Details:

Version 1:

2 DVD 169Min. Limitierte Doppel-DVD Special Edition im Digipack und hochwertigem Schuber + Poster
    Sprache/Ton: Deutsch DD 5.1, Hindi DD 5.1
    Untertitel: Deutsch
    Bonusmaterial: folgt in Kürze
    Extras: Poster
    FSK: fsk ab 06 Jahren [beantragt]
    Bildformat: 2,35:1 (16:9)
    Fernsehnorm: PAL

Version 2:

1 DVD 169Min. Softbox mit Wendecover + Erstauflage mit Poster
    Sprache/Ton: Deutsch DD 5.1, Hindi DD 5.1
    Extras: Poster (allerdings nur in der Erstauflage)
    Bildformat: 2,35:1 (16:9

Blu-ray Detaills:

2 176Min. Blu-ray-Erstauflage in limitiertem hochwertigem Schuber + Bonusmaterial auf Extra-DVD
    Sprache/Ton: DTS HD Master Audio Deutsch 5.1 und Hindi 5.1
    Extras: Bonus DVD
    Bildformat: 1080/24p (2,35:1)

17. Pompula

Pompula Shahrukh Fan-Girl

I got mine today! :whoo: :cheer2: Unfortunately I'll be away the whole weekend and have to wait until Monday to watch it... Unless I'll be hme in time on Sun to watch it in the evening... Either way.... Can't wait!

18. coolcat

coolcat Well-Known Member

TessaRose says thanks.
  19. TessaRose

TessaRose Obsession

20. Debbie

Debbie Stand By Him