1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

India's official entry for Oscars not MNIK

Discussion in 'My Name Is Khan' started by phul, Sep 24, 2010.

1. sonataca

sonataca SRK's Mommy

you didn't know???

2. pleasant

pleasant Active Member

So very true - agree completely. I signed the petition.

3. Number8

Number8 Well-Known Member

4. semsem008

semsem008 Well-Known Member

yes i am with you
    but i dont really understand.. should it signed by 50 thousand to have an effect?

5. semsem008

i am also very shocked with this news... every one here that saw mink and indian film for the first time admit it deserve an oscar.. how can they send such a film this peepli?
    sorry but it's about a cause that doesnt concern anyone outside india

they saw their nominated movies from a very narrowed point of view

i am also saying this is because mink is about muslims and they just hated the film..
    strange .. even the Americans and Europeans appreciated the movie although it was with an opposition point of view

about slumdog... all the movie was outside America with foreigner actors and it considered American and won oscars

why cant mink even if it is outside india to be considered indian and deserve at least a nominee for foreigner category?

6. sonataca

sonataca SRK's Mommy

You don't need to be sad because I am 100% sure MNIK will be nominated and InshAllah, will win Oscar too! How many people actually care for the Foreign category, just the residents of the nations that earn an nomination? But the big categeories are awaited by the whole world. InshAllah, MNIK will win an Oscar.

7. danshula

danshula Well-Known Member

Mee too being positive here! and thinking that MNIK has a lot of chance to go to Oscars - there is not only Foreign Film Category that it can go to Oscars! As Rumana said there are other categories too! I am keeping my fingers crossed and

I am sure it will go for Oscars, it will win Oscar and we all will be jumping around feeling proud like Maniacs....hehe!..:lol: RIGHT GUYS?

8. Pompula

Pompula Shahrukh Fan-Girl

I'm also disappointed that they didn't choose MNIK but I still have to comment on these points... First of all, I haven't seen Peepli, so can't comment on the film itself... But the foreign film category one of the ideas is that the film should be somehow particularly about the nominating country or be connected to it, have something about the country or the culture or the history... So I don't think this narrow point of view comment is completely valid...

And come on, it's not about anyone hating muslims, they don't make decisions about films based on that. It's still film people who do those decicions and as we all know, muslims are equally respected than everyone else in the industry (sometimes more, as SRK or Aamir, who is the producer of Peepli).

Now let's all keep hoping for a nimination, or many, for MNIK...

9. jg2k

jg2k The.One

Thanks for your note Katja. As you have mentioned, it's nothing to do with anything against any community or any religion here... MNIK is essentially dealing with a more global issue whereas PL focuses on an Indian issue. However, as we might all have seen before, only an issue doesn't make a movie an Oscar-winner. It has to be a well-made film at the end as that's what the Oscars are meant for...

Many movies have ridden huge on "issues" before also and have been thumbed down by the Oscar committee. So essentially the movie as a whole will make a difference. And so it'll be interesting to see how MNIK fares...

10. sonataca

sonataca SRK's Mommy

Yes, MNIK is a global film that was made by an Indian and American team.

Anyway, isn't it almost time for Oscar folks to review films now?

11. semsem008

yes of course i respect your point of view but i cant help it to feel that it is a biased decision like a lot of members here
    we all were disappointed and felt that their choice was not right and might have been a cheat in some other cases

i didnt saw peepli also but i was talking about the film main idea or plot.... both films are well made i am sure about that although i didnt see peepli but about the main idea of both films.. i just thing that Mink has more urgent issue... that what differentiate between them
    as i cant imagine another film that is better made than Mink or more oscar material

and about the religion issue ...
    i cant forget what happened to the releasing of the movie because of a simple statement made by srk
    also Mink ..though it was a success in india, it didn't gain the success it deserve

but may be i am wrong... may be i am talking like this because i am upset or disappointed

but really your words gave me hope... i didn't know that the film can be nominated for another category or it might win an oscar
    i just want it to have what it deserve and we may congratulate srk and karan and the whole team

my spirit is high right now
    well ....thank you all planet members

12. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

its politics babe'!! the industry knows in advance who the winner is, entry to oscars, or any award nominees BEFORE the official announcements made. I've seen it first hand during my first Mumbai trip or maybe second... but peepli live????!!! WTH!

13. sonataca

sonataca SRK's Mommy

Don't worry you guys, MNIK WILL WIN AN OSCAR OR MORE INSHALLAH! Be positive and always hope for the best, be sure to include MNIK everytime your hands raise in front of Allah, God, Bhagwan, etc. :pray:

14. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

@Alex i agree with your point, i think the decisions are biased too
    i've always thought it because of a lot of reasons which we already wrote in the previous pages :p

im keeping positive too that MNIK will be entered in the Oscars some other way :pray: this film deserves to be noticed and rewarded

15. Pompula

Pompula Shahrukh Fan-Girl

I just learned yesterday that Sweden's official entry to the Oscars this year is a film called "I rymden finns inga känslor" meaning "In Space There Are No Feelings".. The reason I mention this is, because it is about a boy who suffers from Asperger's Syndrome.. Seems like it's a quite a commong theme suddenly (with the film Adam also) I haven't seen the Swedish film yet ( though I hope to) but I also think it's not a good thing if too many films with same are entering. Of course, I would have hoped for MNIK rather.. But let's hope it will still get a nomination or rather many nominations..

16. sonataca

sonataca SRK's Mommy

Although I opened a thread already but just to remind you all, nominations are to be announced january 25th, or 3 weeks from now and they surely are considering MNIK. :pray2:

17. Number8

Number8 Well-Known Member

18. danshula

danshula Well-Known Member

Link already posted! and as rumana said new thread is been opened already

19. jg2k

jg2k The.One

Update on Foreign Category: PL out of Oscars...

20. sonataca

sonataca SRK's Mommy

next year it will be DG...