1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

India's official entry for Oscars not MNIK

Discussion in 'My Name Is Khan' started by phul, Sep 24, 2010.

1. sonataca

sonataca SRK's Mommy

Guys, DO NOT WORRY. I just tweeted saying that PL is just representing India for Oscars, it is not even nominated yet. Oscar committee must watch it, evaluate and then reach a decision whether it should be nominated or not.

For MNIK, they will watch it, evaluate and then decide which categories it deserves a nomination for if they decide to do so.

So MNIK has a higher status than PL.

it is just disappointing that the Indian committee didn't select MNIK.

@Anke, to be honest, I don't keep any hope for the National Awards, if they can change Shah Rukh's name on the morning of announcement for the 2004 winners then it won't be surprising if they don't give him an award next year either.

2. jg2k

jg2k The.One

I have no idea why PL got selected - I haven't seen the film and am in no position to comment. The subject-matter is definitely a sensitive one but a film is not only about subject. Every other aspect has to have equal contribution to make a movie super-powerful (Remember the cases of Paheli, Eklavya, TZP). MNIK had a huge message to the world. It wasn't solely from India though. So it is more of a global film and that can still keep our hopes alive...

Thanks for this info Rumana. I had no idea that MNIK has been included in the list of movies going for the Oscars by the Oscar committee itself - I have never seen that news anywhere! :pray2::pray2::pray2::pray2: But it is really awesome if it's so...

3. Anjali72

Anjali72 Thanx Shah Rukh!!!

Re: AW: India's official entry for Oscars not MNIK

Was a pleasure Anke Dear! As Ela said we all are dissapointed! And to share this feelings with others always helps![​IMG]:heart:

4. jg2k

jg2k The.One

WHATTTTTT? They did?????:eek: I had no idea... :mad::mad::mad:

5. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

whoa!!!! now this is news to me :scared::scared::scared:
    im getting more and more shocked. sometimes it seems to me they do this on purpose, they try to ignore his good work for a lot of weird reasons. daal mein kuch kaala hai...thats what i suspect :suspicious::suspicious::twitch::twitch::twitch:

6. sonataca

sonataca SRK's Mommy

One of the fans, who had started the petition had sent a letter to Oscar and just about 9 days ago, they replied, here is the message:
    http://www.twitlonger.com/show/61urp8

And here is the petition:
    http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/SRKMNIKOscar2011/

7. phul

phul SRK my heart my soul

AW: India's official entry for Oscars not MNIK

1. What they have done? :eek: I don't belive it :tsk: What a cheat. :eek:
    2. I want to say to National Awards you better give one to Shah Rukh for MNIK or :boxing: you will have a Problem with me. Damn it Shah Rukh and the whole Team of MNIK so deserve it.

And they deserve a Nomination for Oscars. :(
    Oh Rumana i hope so much you are right and it still has a chance for a Nomination. :pray:

8. sonataca

sonataca SRK's Mommy

Yes, it was in news back then. How do you think they select Saif for Hum Tum (no offence to Saif fans) ? I don't have the articles anymore about that.

9. sonataca

sonataca SRK's Mommy

He not only deserved for Swades but also for CDI, Dil Se and so many more but they have never given it to him...which is so damn sad!

10. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

i hope the people who choose the films for Oscar see the goodness of this film and nominate it in all the deserved catergories and i hope they will give it some recognition
    obviously my secret heartfelt wish is SRK will get an Oscar for the best actor performance :p:D

and ok, if india hasnt recognised MNIK for oscars i hope the indian awards wont shun it the way they did to RNBDJ which also was very unfair but at the time there was no thread to say so :spider:

11. jg2k

jg2k The.One

Thanks for sharing, dear... This is so freaking exciting!

Today morning only I signed the petition... This sounds awesome. I pray sincerely that SRK/MNIK gets nominations. It'll be so so so wonderful and such a fitting tribute to the honesty and goodness that the whole team has put into the making of the film...

12. Anjali72

Did not know that.. I am very shocked right now!!!:scared::scared::scared:

13. sonataca

sonataca SRK's Mommy

Don't worry, just keep praying. God can never ignore the prayers of millions of fans. Insh Allah, MNIK will get all the awards it deserves.

14. Anjali72

well said Dear and so true!:kiss:

15. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

which is why i feel they are purposely not giving it to him and that makes it even more weird
    your right, if they didnt want to give it to him for swades, dil se etc. becos they made up some reasons which only they will find how can they not give it to him for CDI?

not only was that one of his best performances of many, he brought womens hockey, hockey and generally all womens sports to attention..the fact that people dont give it attention in india
    the film told this in a very good way

16. jg2k

jg2k The.One

Saif had gotten the award because his mom Sharmila Tagore was supposedly on the board that year!!! (That's what I had heard - and I know, I was so royally miffed!)

17. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

18. sonataca

sonataca SRK's Mommy

Yes, that was another reason as well. It was Shah Rukh all the way until the morning. That is what newspapers had reported.

19. Anjali72

Same here!:thumb:

20. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

you know, if this year they dont give him recognition, if they fail to give him his well deserved award then im going to :rant: till i go crazy
    they cant ignore it, there is no reason to ignore this film
    it will be very unfair. :tsk: