1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Indian actor Shah Rukh Khan not disappointed about losing out on Oscar nod

Discussion in 'Shah Rukh Khan Dhamaal' started by srk_mai, Feb 2, 2006.

1. srk_mai

srk_mai New Member

Indian actor Shah Rukh Khan not disappointed about losing out on Oscar nod

NEW DELHI (AP) - Bollywood leading man Shah Rukh Khan said Wednesday that he wasn't disappointed his movie failed to win a nomination for the best foreign film at the Academy Awards.

Khan's film Paheli or Riddle, was India's entry for the foreign film category, and the actor said in an interview with the NDTV news channel that he was proud of his work, even if it didn't make the Oscar cut. "If it could have happened through a film that I was associated with, it would have made me doubly proud. It makes me proud anyway," Khan said. "I am not disappointed."

Nominations for the Oscars were announced Tuesday.

Bollywood largely churns out romances and melodramas filled with songs and dances from studios based in Mumbai. The last film from the industry to get an Oscar nomination was Aamir Khan's 2001 hit Lagaan, or Land Tax.

Lagaan was a blockbuster about poor Indian villagers reversing a repressive land tax by beating their colonial British rulers at a game of cricket. It received widespread attention overseas, but failed to win the Oscar.

Although Bollywood is the world's largest film industry in terms of the number of films it produces, none of its movies have ever won an Oscar.
    [cjad.com]

01 February, 2006 by srk_mai

2. Meghna04

Meghna04 ChakDe SRK!

Don't worry Shah Rukh!

WE are very proud of you -- with or without a oscar!

Paheli was really a wonderful movie -- not only a fairytale -- it was a dream!
    It is their loss and not ours! I'm glad that you can do such beautiful movies!

3. Lia

Lia Well-Known Member

yea... Don't worry Shahrukh. losing out on Oscar doesn't mean Paheli isn't a good movie. I believe, your promotion will get the results event not in Oscar.
    People in US must be so interest with that movie.

4. Astri

Astri New Member

The next Paheli will get the oscar.

5. Pakiza

Pakiza New Member

Thats teh spirit...no wonder why hes called king khan:D
    WTG babe...proud of u:clap2: :thumb:

6. cute_srk

cute_srk Well-Known Member

Oh big whoop! we don't need to win an oscar, that's not the greatest thing in the world, our Filmfare is just as great! We don't need to go to California and get an award when we can get it in Mumbai itself. And i'm really happy on the way that Shahrukh took the whole thing, even after he tried and promoted the film. Oh well, thinks happen for a reason. Thanks for the article.

7. josh

josh Member

Omghhhhhhhhh!What a man!Which other actor would say such things?The Awardmembers do┬┤nt know what they miss.Paheli is a fabolous fairytale like Mary Poppins (my favourit american fairytale).
    But through the promotion for Paheli their would be more americans who are interested in Bollywood (I hope).:thumb:
    SHAHRUKH your the greatest for us with and without the oscar.:cheer2: :cheer2:
    Better luck next time. ;)

8. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

I was thinking if hollywood can sit through that stupid disney animated movie "who killed roger rabit" and enjoy it enough to give it any awards, then something is wrong about their "views" about what movie should qualify for an oscar. the truth is... there are no criteria and the rules are there are no rules.... its power, its politics, and who you know. and a bit of promotion.

9. K

K I love you Shah Rukh. Staff Member

Thanks Mai.:)

Shah Rukh always knows how to come out of every situation with a positive attitude!