1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

"...I'll stand in my own space..." - SRK

Discussion in 'Shah Rukh Khan Dhamaal' started by Kalsoom_24, Feb 14, 2007.

1. Kalsoom_24

Kalsoom_24 New Member

"...I'll stand in my own space..." - SRK

By Krishna Jewel, AllBollywood.com Staff

Shah Rukh Khan's year has started with a bang. The wrap of Chak De India, taking a seat in the big chair on KBC and now a wax statue at Madame Tussaud's.

As he does with everything in life, it seems King Khan will stand in his own space and make life his own.

Congratulations Shah Rukh Khan. So now you're a superstar waxwork?

Yes! And I'm happy at the honour. My mom used to wish that I'd get to be big enough to make it to Madame Tussaud's.

At a time when people didn't travel that much, going to London once in a lifetime including the incredible Madame Tussaud's in the itinerary was a must.

Now I'm there, it's a dream come true. I was thrilled when they sent me a confirmation saying I'd be part of it. Now it's my desire to take my kids to see it.

In every likelihood you'll stand next to Amitabh Bachchan, Aishwarya Rai and the other famous Indians...

I don't exactly know where I'll stand at Tussaud's. I have no idea about the placement. Wherever I do, I'll stand in my own space, I guess!

Suddenly the so-called 'rivalry' between you and Amitabh Bachchan seems to have become the talking point?

I have no rivalry with anyone. Mr Bachchan is way too senior to rival or compete with. It's like saying, by doing Devdas I was competing with Mr Dilip Kumar I don't compete with him.

If I have healthy competition, it's in my own league with Salman (Khan), Aamir (Khan) and Hrithik (Roshan) and there too, we talk about our films; wishing each other well.

Mr Bachchan is in a different state, stage and age in every way. It's just being spoken of because I did Don and now KBC.

What did you think of Amitabh Bachchan's statement in the TOI, saying 'I want SRK to copy me...'?

Frankly, I take it with a pinch of salt. It all depends on how interviews are written. Sometimes the tone of speaking is different from how it sounds when written. I'm experienced enough to understand that.

I don't know whether he really said it; or know how he said it, or what exactly he meant. I'm sure it wasn't how it came across. I've been doing what I do and I do what I feel like doing.

How do you react to his statement that he didn't like the new Don?

There are films that lot of people don't like and people have a right of choice as to what they like or don't like. I didn't make it for a person.

I made it hoping that lot of people will like it and I think a lot of people did. I can't change the film. It's an individual reaction.

There are many films that I don't like of my own and of other people. I guess it is closer to Mr Bachchan because he has also done the film. He has every right to make the comment.

What exactly is your personal equation with the Bachchans?

I'm friendly with them. The Bachchans call me a colleague and a friend this is the relationship I have with them. I speak to them quite often; whenever we meet. In my heart and mind I've no bad feelings for them. I think they're wonderful.

There was talk that there's a socio-political alignment happening in the industry...

It's all crap. We only make films and not socio-political or structural changes in the Indian society. We entertain and make people laugh and cry. It's simple and difficult. It's not complicated.

I don't have participation in any social or economic aspect of this country except for the fact that I entertain people.

http://www.allbollywood.com/v2/bd/stc/nws/2007/2/9/22362.shtml

2. KKhan

KKhan Well-Known Member

quite interesting i agree with shahrukh 100% the media write a lot of crap they rephrase peoples words into their own and then call it war. it was good to read thanks

3. lamya

lamya Well-Known Member

as usual he makes his interviews interesting and not boring...but i can also say and i bet he somewhere feels the same, i'm tired of reading about he's so called rivalry between him and the bachans'

4. venus

venus New Member

They should give Shahrukh a room all by himself! that way people can admire him alone without being distracted by anything else.:D

5. Mazerq_j

Mazerq_j Well-Known Member

pls let him breathe!

6. bijal

bijal Well-Known Member

Leave my baby alon...He is so d*** right, he does not need to stand with anyone, he is capable of standing in his own space!!!!!

7. sonal

sonal SRK's D&G lover!

yup yup.... :thumb: well said