1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Idiots: Rajkumar Hirani's film-Cancelled [merged all topics]

Discussion in 'Movies H-M' started by GemaSRK, Aug 21, 2007.

1. GemaSRK

GemaSRK Well-Known Member

Raju Hirani's vaada to Sanju

By Taran Adarsh, August 21, 2007 - 08:52 IST

MUNNABHAI director Rajkumar Hirani has promised Sanjay Dutt that MUNNABHAI 3, titled MUNNABHAI CHALE AMERIKA, will be made with the star only and it would be the best Munnabhai film in the series. “I am going to work extra hard on the script. I want to ensure that it’s my finest Munnabhai film, that’s the promise I’ve made to Sanju. In fact, the idea [of the script] has already taken shape. It’s too exciting,” Hirani tells me.

Meanwhile, Hirani has commenced work on the other project that he plans to make, before MUNNABHAI 3 takes off. This one will star Shah Rukh Khan in the lead. “It’s aimed at the education system. Everyone’s keen on getting the right grades, so that they are assured of a better future. My film will make a comment on this issue. A strong message will be conveyed through humor,” he divulges.

Hirani wants to feature Sanju in this film as well, although there’s no role for the actor in it. “But I’ll try to accommodate him any how. It’s difficult to make a film without him,” he states emotionally.

http://www.indiafm.com/news/2007/08/21/9957/index.html

2. Flowergirl

Flowergirl Ullu-Club-Member

Re: Raju Hirani's vaada to Sanju

Thanks, Gema :thumb:
    I´m looking forward to get to know more about this movie. :D

3. 2anika4

2anika4 New Member

AW: Raju Hirani's vaada to Sanju

Thanks Gema. Thanks for the article. I hope you find more out about this movie Kira.

4. zahra

zahra khanaddicted

Re : Raju Hirani's vaada to Sanju

I love hearing about such good news!

5. clochette

clochette New Member

As Himani plans to do the film with ShahRukh, the educational system (treated with humour) would be a challenge I am looking forward with a lot of interest. ShahRukh is a gorgeous teacher by nature...

6. K

K I love you Shah Rukh. Staff Member

Thanks Gema.:)

Sounds like a really interesting storyline, can't wait!

OMG, the promos for Munnabhai Chale America are soo funny!!! When I'm happy my chest become breast, lol!!!:rofl:

7. Shilpz

Shilpz Well-Known Member

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :pound::pound::pound:

Looking forward to Raju Hirani's movie! I'm sure it's gonna be greeeat! :thumb:

8. sanjani

sanjani Ullu-Club Member

Me too! :nod:

... and the MUNNABHAI films are on my wish-list.... ;)

9. Meghna04

Meghna04 ChakDe SRK!

That's great... and I'm looking forward to this movie!!! :thumb:

Oh yes, Claudia!!!
    This is something I'm looking forward even more... ;)

10. KKhan

KKhan Well-Known Member

thanks for sharing i also hope sanju is in this with shahrukh that would be a good film

11. K

Lol.:p Did you see the promo too (during CDI)?:)

12. Shilpz

Shilpz Well-Known Member

Lol!! Nah they didn't show it :( They only showed Aaja Nachley and Laga Chunari Mein Daag...i'll check on YouTube if they have it, it sounds hilarious! :D

13. Lia

Lia Well-Known Member

Thanks Gema for the article... :)

Can't wait for this Hirani's new project with Shahrukh. btw, talk about The next Munnabhai sequel..... There has been a promo already..? The film even isn't starting yet. Good support for Sanju, I think... :)

14. Poonam

Poonam New Member

I'd love to go back to this school!

15. dilos

dilos Well-Known Member

good news who doesnt like munnabai..but the role is so much of sanjay dutt that I dont know..

16. Pakiza

Pakiza New Member

looooooool iknow im looking fwd to it too

17. K

Yea yaar, all the Hindi-English translations are soo funny!!:pound:

18. GemaSRK

Sanju set to bail filmmakers out

Sanjay Dutt to complete his film assignments during his interim bail period Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Sandipan Dalal

Sanjay Dutt has just been released on interim bail after being sentenced to six years imprisonment in the Mumbai serial blasts case, and the actor has already grabbed another film. The actor will be seen playing a cameo in good friend Rajkumar Hirani's next film, which takes a scathing look at the present education system in the country. Loosely based on Chetan Bhagat's novel Five Point Something, the film has an ensemble cast including Shah Rukh Khan and Dia Mirza.

However, the shooting dates of Rajkumar Hirani's film are yet to be determined. Sources close to Hirani say that the film will hit the floors later this year. Says a reliable source, “Sanju has a crucial cameo in the film. Hirani considers Sanju his lucky mascot and he couldn't have made a film without him. Also, Shah Rukh and Sanju make a good pair. But we are yet to finalise the dates of shooting.”

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/net/mmpa...208593c2c97391

19. GemaSRK

Raj Kumar Hirani talks about his film with SRK

Two of Bollywood’s biggest names will be coming together very soon. The man behind the Munna Bhai series, Raj Kumar Hirani and the King Khan are joining hands and will be working on a new film at the end of the year. Speaking exclusively to us, Hirani confirmed the news and gave us a slight peak into the film.

“It is the kind of film I like to make. It’s a satire on the education system of this country. It’s a very funny film. It’s funnier than any of my earlier film but it has a serious message attached to it,” says the director, “We are still scripting. We should begin filming at the end of the year and plan to release it around Diwali next year.”

The movie is rumoured to be based on Chetan Bhagat’s bestseller Five Point Someone that revolves around the lives of three IIT students. A close associate of the director confirms. “It is largely based on that… but obviously not a direct cinematic representation of the film. Raju has read the book and you will find shades of the book in his film.”

Speaking at the success party of Anupama Chopra’s King of Bollywood, Hirani said that he was looking forward to the chance of knowing the superstar at a closer level finally.

“I haven’t worked with him but I will soon. And so whatever little I know of him as yet is that he is a very charismatic man. He has a very good soul,” he says, “I think that he is a genuinely nice guy. You will never see him treat anyone with any kind of disrespect. And I don’t think that for him it is a put on. It is the real thing with Shah Rukh!”

Well it sure looks like Shah Rukh is trying to make good his last loss when turned down the Munna Bhai role that was eventually taken up by Sanjay Dutt.

Talking about Dutt’s bail, Hirani said he was obviously happy like the rest of the actor’s friends and hoped that life would be back to normal soon for Dutt. “I am not just saying it because he has acted in my films. Anyone who knows him will agree. And as far as my movie is concerned that is the last of my concerns or his. We will come to it when the time is right,” he concludes.

http://news.indya.com/newsDetails.as...s_20070822_179

20. Astri

Astri New Member

Re: Raj Kumar Hirani talks about his film with SRK

Well it sure looks like Shah Rukh is trying to make good his last loss when turned down the Munna Bhai role that was eventually taken up by Sanjay Dutt.

Nah... It's not because of that.