1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

I Love/Hate "Koyla" because...your opinion please

Discussion in 'Koyla' started by Meghna04, Jan 24, 2006.

1. kimmy

kimmy Member

I think I share almost same experience as many of you. I also watched it without subtitles first till I finally got a subtitled copy from a friend. srk was wow! I still have his image in my head with his masculin rough look, long hair, serious face and intense eyes. then he makes you melt with his tender look and loving expresions romancing his costar in the second half of the film. I think I'll go watch it again.

2. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

I've just seen this with subtitles. What a fun movie. Rolling eyes and gritted teeth. All the bad guys get their just reward. Go srk!!!!

3. ravi_0605

ravi_0605 New Member

i loved the climax of the film

4. srkbest

srkbest New Member

i really liked the movie i thought it was really good

5. Michelle

Michelle THE BAADSHAH RULES!

I DIDNT WATCH THIS MOVIE TILL DATE.I DISLIKE THE KINDA VIOLENCE PORTRAYED IN THE MOVIE.IT WAS SADDISTIC.:rolleyes:I DONT LIKE THAT ASPECT OF THE MOVIE.THATS WHY I STAY AWAY FROM THIS MOVIE EVEN THOUGH IT HAS SHAHRUKH.

6. shahrukh1990

shahrukh1990 Mate at the PLANET:0

I Liked Koyla!
    Firstly Bcos It Had Madhuri Dixit N Srk In It.....
    Secondly I Thought The Songs Too Were Awesome!

7. 1Feyenoord

1Feyenoord Member

One of my fave srk movies!

8. MarjorieGK

MarjorieGK Ullu-Club-Member

This was my first really brutal SRK movie. I still remember all the emotions it evoked. I felt so sorry for the poor Shankar and I really hated the characted played by Amrish Puri. I got so emotional watching it that I had to make a longer break.
    I absolutely admired SRK as Shankar (his eyes!), Madhuri Dixit as Gauri (the dance scene in the temple was brilliant!), and John Lever (I really like his somewhat twisted sense of humor). I also think Amrish Puri was very good in his role - I felt like beating him up for what he did to Gauri and Shankar.
    It's one of my favorite movies, but I can't watch it too often - it's too much for my nerves.

9. idontlove

idontlove New Member

i hate koyla is for the bad story
    i love koyla is for shahrukh and madhuri

10. junibrown

junibrown New Member

In spite of the violence and drama I felt this movie was more a comedy than anything else.

Shankar's mullet alone was just too much! The dance sequence when he walks up and down the bannister was hilarious. Then when he jumps on the chandelier... that really goes over the top. I guess the film makers attempted to balance the comedy with the violence.

I laughed loudly each time Amrish said, "You bloody pool!" I was shocked to subsequently find out he was the one who shoved hot coal down young Shankar's throat. That is one of the cruelest things I've seen in a movie since the beating scene in "Glory," when Denzel Washington's character is beat mercilessly, and I have seen many cruel things in films (and only films praise God).

Also, this was the first time I saw Johny Lever in a movie where he was not an all out huge baffoon, (this time they saved that character for his father) but a small baffoon.

11. Mia

Mia New Member

I saw this movie recently and I liked it very much. I think Srk played fantastic:heart: It was too much violence...:( but Madhuri was so beautiful, she played so good and the love story was so touching that I forgot all that:)

12. KKhan

KKhan Well-Known Member

koyla is a good film and i like it because of shahrukh ofcourse also i think amrish puri saab was great also

13. Gulya

Gulya SRK lover

I love dis movie very much!!!!It's really good and funny movie!!!And the most thing which i loved in this movie is "Bloody Phool" :D

14. Links

Links SRK is in my Heart

i was really emotional throughout the whole movie.
    it's such a GREAT movieee!!!
    i love it soooo much<333

15. dilos

dilos Well-Known Member

it seems everybody likes koyla but I dont..everything is exagerrated ,only Maduri is brillant ..the character Srk played is either too submissive or too violent and strong does not makes any sense to me..I watched it late and I think the film cant endure with the time passed like DDLJ ..it looks old..
    but here I see almost all liked it and maybe I have to watch it again..

16. srkbest

srkbest New Member

i really liked this movie....it should have done well.....srk was brilliant in it so was madhuri....srk conveyed so much with eyes without even saying much

17. lovearagorn

lovearagorn Ullu-Club-Member

I loved it- Sharu looks soooooooooooo innocent in it :) And I don t like that any much :( It makes me nervous as I need to protect him and I cant :(
    But I liked the movie-though I didn t understand a single word :)

18. MaryAnnK

MaryAnnK Well-Known Member

This is one of my favorites too! To be able to act in half a movie without speaking tells you a lot. There is power in being able to convey emotion using only your body language! (And what a body!:tape2:) To be able to speak in the second half is a miracle! I have to keep reminding my husband that this is just a Bollywood movie.:D:D:D:bounce::bounce:

It is, after all, just a movie.

19. teelai

teelai Aunty

AW: I Love/Hate "Koyla" because...your opinion please

I just love Koyla. Not because of the story, but I have never seen eyes like that before. There are still people out there saying Shah Rukh can`t act, they should watch this movie.
    (Sorry for my bad english, but it is a long time ago I wrote something in english)

20. zahra

zahra khanaddicted

Re : AW: I Love/Hate "Koyla" because...your opinion please

No problem!:thumb:your English is good.:)
    I also loooooooooooooooooooooove this movie.:heart:The story is really great and the jodi SRK-Madhuri is jut perfect :love:!!!