1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

How to post thumbnails--Tutorial

Discussion in 'Tutorials/Rules/Questions' started by cmreeves, Mar 26, 2007.

1. cmreeves

cmreeves Well-Known Member

So many of the pictures that people want to post are simply too large. In order to save bandwith, the moderators and admins of PlanetSRK have asked people to post thumbnails. The process isn't immediately obvious, and is difficult to explain with only using words, so I thought this pictorial tutorial might be helpful.

When you upload the file into the photo album and it is approved, then you're ready to post the thumbnail.

Go to the picture in the Photo Album.

[​IMG]

Go to the thread in which you intend to post the picture.

[​IMG]

That's it!

If you have any questions, please just post them here. I'll do my best to answer them.

2. cherine

cherine Well-Known Member

thank you so mush carol you are the best:thumb:

3. luxia

luxia I'm demented...

Thank you, Carol. :hug: Explained like this it doesn't sound so difficult and confusing anymore - I think I managed to get it right this time.

4. cmreeves

Great :) I just checked, and yes you've got it perfect now :) I'm glad this helped.

5. srkandrea

srkandrea srkandrea

AW: How to post thumbnails--Tutorial

thanks carol. now i get it. it works.

6. GemaSRK

GemaSRK Well-Known Member

Thank you Carol :)

7. Pakiza

Pakiza New Member

thx carol

8. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

Fantastic !! thank you so much Carol that makes everyone's life so much easier.

please allow me to add an alternative way to post a thumbail:

1- when your pic is approved, go to your pic in the Album, or when you click on "what's new" you will see all uploaded pics in thumbnail size:

[​IMG]

2- Right- Click on the small size pic (the thumbnail)

3- copy the URL

4- Go to your topic where you want to post the pic

5- click on the yellow "insert image" icon [​IMG]

6- paste the URL, click ok. this will upload the small size thumbnail pic.

7- highlight the pic

8- press "Ctrl K" , a box will open. paste the URL of THE LARGE SIZE PICTURE.
    9- Click ok.

and don't forget to add "click on pic for larger view" under the thumbnail. so members would know.

I hope that was simple to understand. I recommend using thumbnails specially if your pics are large sizes.

9. cmreeves

Wafa I just tried this and it didn't work properly for me. Ctrl+K doesn't open any box. Not to mention, if you paste the same url, wouldn't it just link to the thumbnail, not the bigger picture?

10. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

let me see if it works..

[​IMG]

11. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

it worked with me carol, but you are right about posting the link again. you should copy/paste the url of the big size pic after pressing Ctrl K, which should open a box, it did for me..

12. cmreeves

Okay, after I switched the editor mode this works for me. I see the picture in the reply window now instead of the img tags and url, and Ctrl K pops a box open.

13. bellanonna

bellanonna Well-Known Member

thank you so mush carol:thumb: :)

14. Astri

Astri New Member

Wafa... Should you post that pic as the example?:rolleyes:

Thanks Carol. It's usefull.

15. Anoush

Anoush SRK's Lovely Sister

thanks so much carol and wafa ji
    it makes posting large pics more easier
    thanks

16. sid

sid SRK Fanatic

i just wanna ask if we want to sea the pic in large size we just click on them if the uploder atached click on.

and one more thing the pictures on WHATS NEW section from page 8 to page 21 are they deleted plz tell me if they are deleted because when i click on JPG image the window open but it don't show that image on its name is there.Plz tell me r they deleted or other way to open them . THANX

17. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

you can find your answer if you have read the announcement here saadia:

http://www.planetsrk.com/forums/announcement.php?f=9

18. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

I found that many of you hesitate to use thumbnails, maybe you don't understand the steps in the previous page, so here are easier steps and hopefully you find them more helpful:

1- After you upload your pictures in the Album, right-click on the smaller size image (thumbnail) and click on "Copy Image Location". This will copy the URL or Hyperlink of the thumbnail.

[​IMG]

2- Go to the thread where you want to post a comment or the image and click on the yellow icon to "insert Image"

[​IMG]

3- when you click on the yellow icon you can click on Paste, this will paste the url/hyperlink that you copied in step 2, your small image (thumbnail) will appear.

[​IMG]

4- go back to the Album, click on the small image there to view the larger size. right-click on the large image and click on "copy image location" as you see below:

[​IMG]

5- in the topic, you will find an icon of "insert Link"
    [​IMG]
    as you see below. click on it and then click paste. this will paste the hyperlink or url you copied in step 4.

[​IMG]

6- click OK and submit. Viola! you just posted a thumbnail that everyone can click on to view the larger image.

its really very simple and the preferred method to post images so we don't end up filling the forum with unattractive hyperlinks. I know you can use other sites to host your images but its safer and better to use our Album to guarantee we won't lose the pictures. sometimes those other hosting sites lose their bandwidth or stop working for whatever reasons, then we won't be able to see or retrieve the images. Thats why we encourage everyone to use the Album and use thumbnails.
    in case of Wallpapers, since they have to be large you could host them in other sites for now and post thumbnails here.

Lorraine says thanks.
  19. kahaanii2802

kahaanii2802 Pagal Naanii

Arghhh - I made a new sig for myself and now it only shows in mini-size, although I did it 500xless pixs. What am I doing wrong? Up to now I never had difficulties doing the sigs.

20. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

hmmm. let me check it out, can you email me your sig in regular size?