1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

HNY to release on Diwali - SRK

Discussion in 'Happy New Year' started by Karan#1, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Karan#1

Karan#1 Well-Known Member

HNY to release on Diwali - SRK

"I will start shooting for the film next month. I have decided to do only one film in a year. We are planning to release the film by Diwali next year. Earlier, we had planned to release it during new year but since I met with injury I could not start the shooting," he said.
    http://ibnlive.in.com/news/chennai-e...4460-8-66.html

niloofari, Wafa, Krisi_love_SRK and 4 others thanked this.
  2. Sofie

Sofie Well-Known Member

Good!:D I hope he didn't do Aditya Chopra's next immediately after HNY. The other filmmakers waiting for him to sign their films would definitely be dissapointed!:p

yummy says thanks.
  3. gauri_fairy

gauri_fairy mahzabin

That's more than a year from now! What are we supposed to do till then? :eek::(

Baree and Mara thank this.
  4. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

more than a year? when is Diwali? :confused:

5. Karan#1

Diwali falls on October 23. It could also release on August 15 next year. Both are great release dates.

6. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

Only one film a year? Oh, that's disappointing. I know they take a lot of time and huge amounts of effort for Him, but its such a long time to wait between releases. :(

nika and Mara thank this.
  7. rubyroo

rubyroo Art student. Inspired by him.

Being a new fan I haven't seen him do more than one movie in a year. He seems SO busy- I can't imagine him doing more although I know he has in the past.

8. gauri_fairy

gauri_fairy mahzabin

I don't know exact date, but I assumed more than a year because the Diwali for this year isn't even here yet :(

9. Baree

Baree Shah Rukh Khan forever

I was really hoping for it to release in August next year. Oct is too long a wait :(

10. nika

nika Well-Known Member

A while ago he used to say I do three films a year. But of course the injuries didn't let him to do so. Sometime back I heard him saying I do two films a year. Now that again a movie is delayed due to his health issues, he himself is admitting that he'll do only one per year! Would be better for his health but torturous waiting for us fans!
    Though unfortunately I highly doubt that he actually RESTS between the gaps... He's working round the clock and still we get one or barely two movies. I wish instead reducing his movies, he'd reduced other commitments like ads, awards, events, IPL matches, etc, etc.

rubyroo says thanks.
  11. Karan#1

True. I guess he could release two films in a year if he wanted to (he would have had commitments before as well) but now it's about putting all the focus and time into one film right from the pre-production stage to the promotion.

I'm still hoping (against the odds) that there's a 2nd film in 2014 :p...if not than that's ok as well.

nika says thanks.
  12. rubyroo

Good point about other commitments. I think he makes more money from them although he gets the other work because of doing movies. I hear him say once that he thinks he would lose it all if he stopped making movies. I guess he has to reach a happy medium. But he's going to work hard no matter what. No one can stop that. It's built into his personality.

nika says thanks.
  13. mumbiene

mumbiene Well-Known Member

Shah Rukh Khan scares away competition
    Jun 03, 2014 - Joginder Tuteja |
    [​IMG]
    Shah Rukh Khan

When a superstar like Shah Rukh Khan has a film release after over a year’s gap, other films would understandably like to stay out of his way. This is exactly what’s going to happen in Diwali this year when SRK’s Happy New Year hits the theatres. As expected, no film, big or small, is daring to arrive anywhere in its vicinity.

“Happy New Year is arriving in the Diwali weekend that falls on Thursday, October 23. It’s yet to be seen whether the film releases on the day of Diwali itself or the next day, which is a Friday. But fact remains that it is going to be a solo release,” says a trade source.

That’s not all. No other film is slated to arrive for an entire fortnight after that. The next biggies Action Jackson and Ungli are slated for November 7 release. “For Shahrukh, it is going to be an uninterrupted run since the only three biggies of October, Hrithik Roshan’s Bang Bang, Shahid Kapoor’s Haider and Priyanka Chopra’s Mary Kom are all arriving October 2 and Ayushmann Khurranna’s Hawaizaada follows a week later,” the source adds.

Adds another prominent insider, “SRK and Deepika Padukone will be seen together again after their mega blockbuster Chennai Express. This film is being designed as an event release and with a setting as huge as this, it is only beneficial for other films to stay away.” Add to this, the film is slated to have the highest print count ever for an Indian film. This means there will hardly be any multiplex or reputed single screen theatre left in the country that will have space for another film.
    http://www.asianage.com/bollywood/shah-rukh-khan-scares-away-competition-505

rubyroo and Krisi_love_SRK thank this.
  14. Krisi_love_SRK

Krisi_love_SRK Well-Known Member

If the film has a solo release will be amazing.Go away from him other if you dont want to failure :D

rubyroo says thanks.
  15. Mara

Mara Well-Known Member

Or any other country around the world, for that matter.... at least in the eyes of his fans. It will be very hard to wait until then.

16. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

At last! I so hope that this is how it works out. :thumb:
    In recent years the jostling for publicity/theatre numbers/etc has been distressing to watch and has damaged all films involved. Imagine the impact of both JTHJ and CE if they were released well clear of all others?

Krisi_love_SRK and rubyroo thank this.
  17. rubyroo

It's going to be monumental.

18. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

it felt like 10 years wait for me since then... we still have more than 4 months to go

19. KKhan

KKhan Well-Known Member

True did I still few months away

20. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

(minute 7:40)

looks like it'll be up to YRF to decide whether it will release on 22nd or 23rd of October

Krisi_love_SRK and Mara thank this.