1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Highly Disappointed (I am sorry to all us SRK fans) for this article.

Discussion in 'Music Reviews - Members' started by chandu28, Nov 10, 2008.

1. chandu28

chandu28 Well-Known Member

:(:mad::rolleyes:First of all I wud request not to delete my post. Now coming to what I am disappointed at. It is obvious of the music of Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi.

What on hell is Yashraj banner thinking of. Though their movies this year too were all flop, however music was highly rated even if these flops.

Why the hell did they go for Salim Suleiman. They r not of the calliber of Jatin Lalit, Shankar Ehsaan Loy, A.R.Rahman, Vishal Shekar or for that matter even the likes of Anu Malik.

I feel Himesh Reshmaiyya if given an opportunity would have composed much better music for Rab Ne. And Jaideep's lyrics too r very bad. It wud have made send had the lyricist been someone like Javed Akthar or Gulzaar Saab. Yashraj never go for these 2.

Though I am not a Salman fan, but still I am compelled to say that Yuvraaj and Ghajini has much better music than RNBDJ. So Salman and Aamir have beaten Shahrukh in this round by taking the services of A.R.Rahman.

Except for Haule Haule which is much like Chakde Chakde India song, none of the songs from the album are worth talking about. For the first time, I am highly disappointed b'cos of the music in a SRK film. Yash Chopra and Adi Chopra have, wat do I say....................... No more comments.

I pray atleast the movie beats Yuvraaj and Ghajini.

Guys & Gals, I am sorry for any offense caused. I did not mean to say what I meant. I am just a very huge fan of Shahrukh Khan and I myself keep feeling stupid to write my views. But the thing is that, I do not want Shahrukh to lose out to anyone. I worship him like GOD. I have seen Shahrukh since his television days when I was hardly 10 years old. I have been an admirer since he came on Dil Dariya (1988) / Fauji (1988) Abhimanyu Rai / Doosra Keval (1989) / Circus (1989).

I am too small a person to comment on someone of the stature of Shahrukh and his movies. I know it might take some time for me to catch on the music as I expected may be a little too much. Reason being of all his other movies, i have repeatedly listened to the music.

Anyways, I will need your support of more comments and thanks for your recommendation of asking me to listen to the music. I shall have a repeated listening of Rab Ne music.

ONCE AGAIN I AM VERY VERY SORRY TO ONE AND ALL.

2. rahulsn011

rahulsn011 Well-Known Member

I feel like posting my music review on this thread!
    Simplicity is obviously not your cup of tea. Most of all, the songs are situational and the soundtrack is already becoming a hit!
    The music for Yuvvraaj I agree is very good, not the best I heard from Rahman but it is fairly good. However, the lyrics from Gulzar...please give me a break....they are strictly average!
    As for Ghajini...the music is great but the lyrics are again strictly average from the one song promo. I have yet to hear the whole album but again I hope it goes well.
    Out of three...i know rab ne will be the pick of the lot because it lies in simplicity and if you do not like it then fair enough. I am not dissapointed but I am proud that Adi is bringing Simplicity back to music! Salim-Sulaiman have done an amazing job!

3. srk-rulez

srk-rulez New Member

no i dnt agree i just loved the music

4. bluey[Ru]

bluey[Ru] Guest

woha.. i didnt hear songs from Yuvraaj but i heard one song from Ghajini and it sucks.. im sorry if you cant appreciate songs like Tujh Mein Rab Dekhta Hai which is beautiful, both versions male or female, they did an AMAZING job for that song, it reachs your soul and heart right away.. but i think you like A.R.Rahman music so much that you just over looked the beauty of that song..
    im sorry but that is an AWFUL thing to say
    no one will ever beat ShahRukh in ANY round what-so-ever! those songs might not suit your ears but when you watch how he acts them, im sure you will be shocked of their meaning..
    yeah, well.. i dont know what to say to that.. people cant have same taste.. alot of people liked the album, and people like yourself dont.. its normal, yet it doesnt mean the songs are THAT bad.. cause there are people who think they are mindblowing..
    how can you have a doubt about that?
    the movie WILL beat them, enshAllah!! :tape2:

5. Looni78

Looni78 My dil goes ShahRukh

Well, blame me if you want. But the first time I listened to the soundtrack of RNBDJ, I was kind of disappointed to. :( BUT!!! I did a huge mistake by comparing the songs with OSO. Honestly spoken there will never be a movie like OSO again and no soundtrack like this anymore....just overwhelming. And the other BUT! We should wait for the movie itself. Music is important, for sure, but as long as we don`t know in which context the scenes from the movie and the songs are, it really is hard to say if it is bad or not, disappointing or not. Iam sure that Yash Raj is having something in mind and that SRK will not disappoint us!
    And another BUT! We should not blame chandu for saying an opinion. If she feels like this we have to respect this.

6. clochette

clochette New Member

Chandra, there is something special about the music of ShahRukh's new film you may not appreciate when listening for the first time: simplicity.
    The kind of film ShahRukh said that RNBDJ will be (showing simplicity), should have a music like this that will become better and better the more you listen. One of Shahrukh's characters (Surinder) is not at all compelling at the first sight, his distinctiveness lies in his reliableness.

Kathy, OSO was a flamboyant film full of life and drive. And it was, imo, ShahRukh's most intelligent film. So, you are right, it needed just a music one can hardly top. And it got it!!!
    RNBDJ will also have just the music the film needs.

7. sheruka

sheruka SRK forever

WELL, ITS YOUR OPINION.
    i agree, this is not in the lines of DDLJ.

but the songs are situational, when the visuals come, you will realise what i said.

just wait and see.:)

8. Pompula

Pompula Shahrukh Fan-Girl

All I can say is that you should listen to it few times more. The first time I heard the songs, I was not highly impressed. Still I kept listening to it (the last few days it's about all I've been listening to) and it has really grown on me. Really strongly. This music that few days ago didn't manage to impress me, now I'm just in love with it. I love the songs. I think YRF made an excellent choice...

So I don't judge you if you didn't like it right away, but I do question you if you don't bother to listen to it well, but rather just decide to hate it...

9. mayoub

mayoub Well-Known Member

Yeah so? If you don't like the music, it doesn't mean the music is bad..
    That's your sense of taste.. And to be very honest, i don't even know why you're making a thread about it..Telling you're dissapointed is not really gonna change anything..The music is still the same..If you don't like it..Good..If you like it..Very good..
    What difference is it gonna make..??

And i don't know why you're comparing with other movies..You just can't do that..
    In your post you are telling about all those big music composers.. Well did AR. Rahman compose music for movies like KKHH, K3G, KHNH, KANK, Paheli and so on?? I don't think so..Music is not about who ''makes'' it...!!!

That's just my opinion..!!

10. skylark60

skylark60 Active Member

I love the music of RNBJ even more than OSO. It's all a question of personal taste.

11. klouvios

klouvios New Member

When I heard the songs for the first time I was really disappointed but I decided to hear them one more time and I loved them, I couldn't understand why I didn't like them the first time

Listen the songs again if you still don't like them we won't shoot you LOL
    We don't have all to like the music :)

12. K

K I love you Shah Rukh. Staff Member

Criticism: the act of passing severe judgment; censure; faultfinding

vs

Constructive criticism: criticism or advice that is useful and intended to help or improve something, often with an offer of possible solutions

I've typically found that the latter leads to more productive conversations...

Thanks for your input Chandra.:)

13. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

Puh-lease. If theres any music composer, singer or writer I hate in bollywood its himesh. he has no style of music, they are all monotonous and the songs have the same lyrics in different orders and background music which doesnt fit the song, not to mention he has the most annoying voice in the world with all his "ooooooohhhhhh-ing" in every single song. The entire music album of his latest creation, Karzz was a complete FLOP. And above all, his voice does not suit for King Khan!

I prefer the music album as it is, plain, simple and quite traditional. I am also happy with the singers used for each song.

14. klouvios

klouvios New Member

Ghajin? I don't know about that. Have you seen Aamir's tits? :lol:

15. mayoub

mayoub Well-Known Member

hahahahahahahh!!!!!!!!!!!!:pound::pound::pound:

16. donshema

donshema SRK is my Family

In fact,I was disappointed at first,but after listening again I loved them.I know they are not the best songs I was crazy about OSO songs but I think the songs meant to be quite and ordinary just like the character and the story.The first character is ordinary man so I think he won't sing a great awsome love song,it should be suitable to the level of the character.Also I am sure that the videos will tell us more and we'll love them more.

17. bijal

bijal Well-Known Member

Trust me guys - The album is going to be even a bigger HIT after a movie's release as this is going to be like some of the nice old timers (Choti si Baat, Bato Bato Mai, Chitchore etc.) but bigger banner and some mind blowing story and sets!! I know everyone is alreay humming Huale Huale....

18. bluey[Ru]

bluey[Ru] Guest

now i feel weird..
    is it just me who fell in love with the songs the minute Tujh Mein Rab Dekhta Hai played? i mean seriously people i dont understand the disappointment with it, you can not compare a movies songs with another movies songs then blame it on the dirocter or whoever did the music.. OSO was A TOTALLY DIFFERENT movie that needed DIFFERENT type of music.. it is a super hit album [OSO album] but its unfair to compare it with RNBDJ album!! those 2 albums are totally different... some of you played the songs over and over again and fell in love with it, i suggest the same for Chandra.. if you dont fall in love with the songs even after doing that, then well.. i dont know what you're gona do in when you go watch the movie [you are going to watch it arent you? :twitch:]

19. prilvsrk

prilvsrk ♥tere liye♥

i'm glad someone had the guts to speak out against the music.. it's a matter of personal opinion and if you didn't liek you didn't. you are entitiled to your thoughts. it shows a lot of character to say smth like this on this forum and i am proud of you :)

also i wanted tosay that just bc one didn't like the music doesn't mean that one is not a big enough shahrukh fan. we all love him in different ways :heart:

personally, it took me a little while to get used to the music, bc it was not what iwas expecting.. but i like it now :)

again.. kudos for speaking out!! :cheer2:

20. Anysha

Anysha Active Member

I love the music of RNBDJ, it's special and I can't get enough of it.
    People are different and the tastes are also different - this is all I can say.