1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Heroine for 2-States

Discussion in '2 States (Two States)' started by sid, Mar 20, 2011.

1. frenchfan

frenchfan mornings best dealt with dark as nite coffee.

actually, I can even imagine his witty reply : "Not the lips...but I'm great at kissing nose" :lol:

2. Ella

Ella Haan farishtey hote hain ♥

:pound:
    Anne .. how much coffee did you get today???? :boink:
    :lol:
    :hug:

frenchfan says thanks.
  3. DianaDimple

DianaDimple Well-Known Member

Asin is the favourite to bag 2 States opposite Shahrukh Khan.
    Source: ApunKaChoice

Asin is being tipped to land the leading role opposite Shahrukh Khan in the movie adaptation of Chetan Bhagat's semi-autobiographical book 2 States. Asin has acted opposite Aamir and Salman, this will be her first movie with SRK.

2 States is the story of Krish and Ananya who hail from Delhi and Tamil Nadu, two different states of India. They become friends while studying together at IIM Ahmedabad and soon their friendship turns into love. But they have a big problem facing them: their parents, who are against this cross cultural marriage. How they overcome this problem and get married is what the remaining story is about.

Yes, we hear that Asin is the most favoured on the wishlist of producer Sajid Nadiadwala and director Vishal Bhardwaj to bag the role of the south Indian girl who falls in love with the Punjabi guy to be played by Shah Rukh.

Asin, who is already working in Nadiadwala's production Housefull 2, recently met up with the producer and director to discuss the film. Both the producer and the director feel she is best suited for the role and Asin, too, is excited about the prospect of working with SRK and that too in a Bhardwaj film.

Asin made her debut in Hindi films with Aamir Khan; followed it up with two films with Salman Khan. All said, we wonder how Salman, her co-star of London Dreams and the upcoming Ready, will take the news of Asin bagging a film with Shahrukh Khan.

The actress is learnt to have given her nod to the project, though we are still waiting for an official confirmation.

SRKdream says thanks.
  4. frenchfan

frenchfan mornings best dealt with dark as nite coffee.

?
    .....the same as usual, about 10 :madgrin:....why? do you think I should have more :confused2: ?
    :lol::kiss:

5. Becy

Becy Well-Known Member

6. SRKdream

SRKdream Active Member

Final Confirmation: Asin With Shah Rukh Khan

May 24, 2011

[​IMG]

For the past 5 months there have been lots of buzzes rounding upon Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘2 States’. One of the reasons is mainly because of author Chetan Bhagat as blockbuster movie ‘3 Idiots’ was based on his novel ‘Five Point Someone’. Soon after the novel ’2 States’ was considered for adaption, it was revealed by producer Sajid Nandiadwala that Priyanka Chopra has been considered for the female lead role opposite Shah Rukh Khan and later Deepika Padukone replaced her.

But finally, it is Asin making her way into the project as Sajid was very much impressed with her performance in his upcoming production ‘Houseful 2’. Asin will be playing the role of a Tamil Brahmin girl, who falls in love with a North Indian guy. How they convince their families with different cultures and lifestyle forms crux of the story and is narrated in a hilarious way.

http://www.top10cinema.com/news/10940/final-confirmation-asin-with-shah-rukh-khan

I do not know whether to trust this source [​IMG]

7. danshula

danshula Well-Known Member

To be honest, I am not trusting anyone/source until I hear from either, Sajid, Vishal, Asin or Shah Rukh's mouth that Asin is the lead actress in 2 states adaptation.
    As they say, wait for Official Confirmation which will happen at one point of time if not now! :)

8. Becy

Becy Well-Known Member

Exactly! A final and official confirmation can only come from the director oder or producer of the film. I don't find either of them quoted there. BTW BH also gives 2011 as the year of release... I don't think so. :pound:

danshula says thanks.
  9. danshula

danshula Well-Known Member

I know! hehe! :pound:

10. DianaDimple

DianaDimple Well-Known Member

Shah Rukh, Priyanka re-ignite 2 States

SRK uses his goodwill to persuade Vishal to cast her back in the role of a south Indian girl

Subhash K Jha
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Posted On Thursday, June 23, 2011 at 08:35:12 AM

In December 2010, Mumbai Mirror reported how Priyanka Chopra after being confirmed for the lead role in Vishal Bhardwaj's adaptation of Chetan Bhagat's 2 States was suddenly dropped, thanks to the lead actor Shah Rukh Khan and his belief that the script demanded a fresh face. Seems like, the King Khan has now had a change of heart.

He not only insisted on having Priyanka on board again, but also convinced the actress to take up the offer.

Reports of the actress falling out of favour with Vishal Bhardwaj after 7 Khoon Maaf also added to the decision of her getting dropped from the director's next project.

The fact that she was a Punjabi and the character was that of a South Indian girl, also worked against the actress. However, looks like King Khan's recommendation has overcome all odds. A source informs, "Priyanka is Punjabi.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    But both Vishal and Shah Rukh are convinced she can pull off the Tamilian role. They feel she possesses the versatility. And she will practise her accent. Earlier they felt only a South Indian actress could do justice to the role. But now even producer Sajid Nadiadwala is convinced that Priyanka can pull it off."

The film 2 States is now scheduled to go on floors in late 2012. Priyanka had openly declared that Shah Rukh is her favourite actor, ever since. However, this is the first time SRK has endorsed or rather insisted on casting a particular heroine in a film.

[​IMG]
    Looks like the actress has definitely impressed SRK with her versatility and acting prowess in the recent past. After all, they are working together in Farhan Akhtar's Don 2.

As for Bhardwaj, he had earlier said that Priyanka was his favourite actress. And after leaving her out of Kaminey sequel, maybe even the director did not want to lose this opportunity to work with her once again.

2 States was earlier supposed to be directed by Siddharth Anand, however it went to Vishal Bharadwaj after Siddharth had a fallout with the producer Sajid Nadiadwala.

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/article...cd4/Shah-Rukh-Priyanka-reignite-2-States.html

11. Number8

Number8 Well-Known Member

I'm not doing 2 States: Priyanka Chopra

IANS | Jun 29, 2011, 04.04pm IST

Priyanka Chopra has denied signing a film based on Chetan Bhagat's book " 2 States: The Story of My Marriage", which is said to feature superstar Shah Rukh Khan.

"I am not in discussion with anyone regarding '2 States'. There is a great team involved, including Shah Rukh Khan, Sajid Nadiadwala and Vishal Bharadwaj and I definitely look forward to working with them at some point in the future," Priyanka told in an interview. "However at this time, I am just committed to completing my existing projects on hand, which include Kunal Kohli's next, 'Barfee', and 'Krrish 2'," added the 28-year-old.

"2 States: The Story of My Marriage" is the third Chetan Bhagat novel to inspire a movie, after "Hello", based on his book "One Night @ The Call Centre" and the superhit "3 Idiots", inspired by his bestseller "Five Point Someone". If Priyanka had taken up "2 States", it would have been her third movie based on a novel. The first was Ashutosh Gowariker's "What's Your Rashee?", based on Madhu Rye's "Kimball Ravenswood", followed by "7 Khoon Maaf", inspired by Ruskin Bond's short story "Susanna's Seven Husbands".

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...tates-Priyanka-Chopra/articleshow/9038557.cms

nika says thanks.
  12. MeryamaSRK

MeryamaSRK DON-ish

Tell u the truth, I've read 2 states, She didn't fit the character at all...So it's for the best I guess :D