1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Help

Discussion in 'Tutorials/Rules/Questions' started by Ximena, Feb 8, 2007.

1. Ximena

Ximena Addicted to SRK

ok this is my wish. Can somebody help me explaining me how to reduce an image because everytime I seem to do something nice or worthy of posting it is saved with too many KB and the limit is 19.5 KB How do you reduce it or how do you make a low KB avatar, signature or banner

2. Pakiza

Pakiza New Member

i guess u can redduce the size when the pic is saved on your pc....if u have photoshop or any other program just reduce the size ...save it on your pc...and upload here in the album...

u can use avs sigs in the album too:)

3. Ximena

Ximena Addicted to SRK

Thank you. I will try to do that

i try reducing some and the picture got kind of flat. that is why i was asking if there was another way.

4. Pakiza

Pakiza New Member

flat?hmmmm...maybe gai/carol/melly/tina/andrea who make sigs know:eek:

5. cmreeves

cmreeves Well-Known Member

In Photoshop, when you save as .jpg you can set the quality to different levels. The higher the quality, the bigger the file size (not the dimensions, just the bytes). If you don't have photoshop, or a similar program which can also do the same, you can send it to me and I'll adjust it for you. Another option is to change the file type. What kind of image is it? A .png file will be a larger file size than a .jpg file, which in turn is a larger file than a .gif file. However, the .png will be the highest quality picture, and the .gif the lowest of these examples.

For the photo album, the file needs to be less than 512KB.

6. Ximena

Ximena Addicted to SRK

ok I get it....

I do have photoshop I guess I just need to play around with it. but thank you sooooo much for the tips.
    BTW I did not know that the photoalbum needed to be less than 512KM I thought it was the same all around. ooops!!

Thank You
    Carol and Pakisa for your help

7. Pakiza

Pakiza New Member

thx carol for helping her out:thumb:

u r welcome ximena