1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Happy New Year Trailer

Discussion in 'Happy New Year Hall of Fame' started by phul, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Karan#1

Karan#1 Well-Known Member

How can you say that without watching it? Farah-SRK's previous films OSO and MHN (in particular) were good wholesome entertainers. Did you like them? Commercial films, if done right, are also great to watch. SRK has FAN and Raees after HNY (and a rumored film with Imtiaz Ali later on) which will be more serious/message based films like CDI, Swades & MNIK etc.

Krisi_love_SRK and tasifa thank this.
  2. tasifa

tasifa which means Blue Eyes in Thai.

This is the business of entertainment. Shahrukh does the movies he wants to with the people he wants to. He is at the point in his career where he can do whatever he wants. Movies like Swades and Chak De! India are deeper in story and content, but action/comedy is great escapism and entertainment. You have entirely the right to dislike HNY or any other action/comedy, but to say it is stupid is like saying people who like it based on the trailer are stupid. And that Shahrukh is stupid for doing it. Which he and we are not. That's the beauty of it. You are free to chose what you watch. And so are we.

Debbie and Alenka thank this.
  3. Cila

Cila Well-Known Member

I agree with @Apok. The trailer looks tacky, it's too colorful, too much is going on. Movies done only for entertainment are fun, but this one seems to be...well, in a really bad taste! :confused:

4. srkjuhi

srkjuhi Well-Known Member

Loved the trailer! Some folks need to remember this is a Farah Khan movie ... her last two movies with Shahrukh were freaking entertaining. I don't really understand why one expects him to do a Swades all the time. That movie is one of my all time favorite movies but he is an actor and I'm sure he'll like to branch out and do a lot of different kind of movies. HNY is an out and out commercial movie but his masala movies are very different from what a lot of the rest do because they for the most part have a lot of heart to them! I don't know about anyone else but I'm damn excited for this one. I do see quite a bit of negativity out there already but as always you can expect that when it comes to a Shahrukh movie. People come out of the woodwork to post all kinds of crap ...lol! I'm btw referring to other sites just to make it clear.

Rishima62 and tasifa thank this.
  5. tasifa

Totally agree with you. I can't wait for October. Was reading the comments on Youtube while watching the trailer with english subtitles and as always people were insulting each other. Pathetic and childish.

6. srkjuhi

srkjuhi Well-Known Member

Yeah...not just there but I saw some comments on pinkvilla and I was like wow! Some people claim they are Shahrukh fans but they aren't really if you look at their comments. I'm not saying every Shahrukh fan has to like this movie or the trailer or whatever but I guess what I'm trying to say is some people use that argument to sound more legit when it comes to the internet!

Rishima62 says thanks.
  7. Karan#1

In the end it's just a trailer. As it's a masala film that combines a variety of genres and two distinct themes, they've tried to show all that as well as introduce each character so that's why it may come across as too much is happening for some. The key will be the plot and how everything's tied together. Of course, as with every film, HNY may end up disappointing but we will only know after watching the film.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2014
    tasifa and dilshad-11 thank this.
  8. Debbie

Debbie Stand By Him

I was surprised how much I did like the trailer....wasn't very excited about this movie, but now I can't wait! Looks like fun and everyone needs fun right?! I know I do...and he is smoking hot!
    I for one am glad he doesn't make the same kind of movies over and over again. If all he made was "Swades" type movies, think how narrow his career would be. In fact I'm quite certain that because he is open to making these mass appealing films, he has the staying power he does. And "he" can pick and choose what he wants to do....so far he has not disappointed me...though I was apprehensive about another "blockbuster", I too want another thinking man's film.
    But think about it, who else can play, a super hero, a cold blooded killer, a man who has simply given up on life, or a simple loving goof ball? And all within the last few films.....and now who knows, a thief, a lover, a dancer?
    He continues to surprise and amaze me and I am enjoying every second of it!

Krisi_love_SRK and Rishima62 thank this.
  9. sami16

sami16 a fan not a fanboy

I think it looks great, I'm usually very critical of these sort of films (didn't like Chennai Express as felt it was just another Rohit Shetty film) but this ticks all the boxes except one imo: spectacle: yes, action: yes, comedy: yes, music: yes, the only one thats left is story, Farah Khan films (except main hoon na) are a bit thin on good stories but lets see. I like Farah Khan and her style of film-making, it's good that they didn't mention Tees Maar Khan, that was terrible (it was by another production house so it has no relation to HNY! phew), this looks like another Om Shanti Om, it'll have a bit of everything:romance, action, revenge, comedy etc!

rollercoast says thanks.
  10. Rishima62

Rishima62 Defying Gravity

I couldn't agree more! Especially with your last sentence - I thought exactly the same when I saw the trailer. And it was just the trailer! The surroundings may be similar to other movies but he is never ever the same ...

Debbie says thanks.
  11. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

I agree Sami. It looks beautiful and I'm sure it's going to be a lot of fun. Whether it is amazing and memorable will depend on the storyline. What made MHN and to a lesser extent OSO, such special films for me was the backstory to srk's characters, how touching and accessable they were, and the layers of plot. Hopefully the same will happen with this - impossible to tell from an introductory trailer. But it certainly does look spectacular and I'm sure it will be very, very funny!

Last edited: Aug 14, 2014
    Debbie says thanks.
  12. phul

phul SRK my heart my soul

Hmm then this Time all the Sk Fan should take a look what their Idol has to say about the HNY Trailer :lol:

Retweetet by Pooja Dadlani HNY
    Salman Khan @BeingSalmanKhan · 40 Min.
    Jst saw happy new year ka promo , its Kick ass .

Krisi_love_SRK, Karan#1 and Debbie thank this.
  13. tasifa

Funny. Salman just plugged his movie in this appreciative tweet for HNY trailer.

Krisi_love_SRK says thanks.
  14. Karan#1

True. They spent much more time on HNY's script than they did with OSO. Given the complexity of the film (the whole heist via dance) and the number of characters, a good (and well defined) story is important.

rollercoast says thanks.
  15. Krisi_love_SRK

Krisi_love_SRK Well-Known Member

why is this all disscusion why Shahrukh make CE and HNY ? hey its his choose...he can choose that everyone want from him...Everyone want different things.......one want action other romance, drama......other want other thing.......I love SRK whenever he do......Yes i agree Swades ,Chak de India and others are wonderfull.but came one he cant make only these movies...I like that he makes different movie and different roles..being good,bad,lover,hatter......everything..He is actor and is his job is to act.....What the problem if he do CE and HNY ? he can he like it and he do it.........
    and MHN and OSO wasnt just entartainer movies also CE wasnt just funny sweet movie....and Im sure HNY will be much more than what we see in trailer.........Message ?what message why some movie have to has massege ?...Like Shahrukh said "just watch and enjoy ,dont think about numbers and philosophy"....if you dont like it Ok dont watch it....Simple :lol:
    about age came one he is 48 but he is so energetic....when he became Amitabh Bachchan's age then he cant not do it action scene and something like this........now he still can and want it and do it.....any problem? after that he will make Fan and Raess and yes Rohit Shetty movie again but they wlll be different.......Every SRK movie is special not only these like more serious like Swades MNIK,JTHJ and others.......
    HNY looks entartainer will be have all - drama comedy ,action .,romance...........dont forget that is SRK movie he always suprise

Anyway i see it trailer and I LOVE IT !!!!!!!!!!!MY GOD of first second to the end I LOVE IT and ask my self "what the hell is happend ?":flame:
    Trailer is AMAZING ! Beautifull colorfull.,,dance music, funny ,action,,romance,,, everything........
    all looks good,Boman Abhishek and Sonu are nice and funny..also Deepika is sweet and beautifull,but CHARLIE :hungry::jaw:
    from first second when he start to the end I was with bated breath ......He is so sweet funny..and sooooo HOT :faint::faint::faint: how he looks of 1 second of trailer ,his voice,beard .clothers......dancing with Deepika..........make action .....WOOW ! I think that movie will be much more big than MHN and OSO.........Came one even if was stuped film(im sure is not ) to see him like this is enought :hug: I thinking he cant be more hot than Kabir Khan from Chak de, from Don and Samar from JTHJ...but I was again wrong ......:faint2::faint2::faint2:
    I just love the trailer and Charlie just imagine when movie realese......:heart::heart::heart:

hhhaha that Salman tweet about HNY trailer is funny just imagine reaction of his fans :pound::pound::pound:
    :laugh:

Last edited: Aug 14, 2014
    SurasaWadeeNoor says thanks.
  16. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

Without even seeing the film? Personally, I would wait until I saw it before making such judgements. :noidea:

Rishima62, Debbie, phul and 2 others thanked this.
  17. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

Lol! May the worst thing said about a Hindi film is that it is too colourful. :pound:

luxia, Rishima62, Debbie and 1 other person say thanks.
  18. Cila

Cila Well-Known Member

I think I've grown up from this kind of movies. And saying that all Hindi films are colorful is a first step to stereotype Bollywood cinema.

19. Alenka

Alenka Well-Known Member

You write on the forum only when you want to say next "fi". It's pretty funny. Do not watch Bollywood movies, the world is big

Debbie says thanks.
  20. Cila

Cila Well-Known Member

I don't intend to watch stupid movies, no matter if it's Bolly or Holly. Thank God "Raes" is still in the cards.