1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Good film & peformances

Discussion in 'Dear Zindagi Member Reviews' started by Karan#1, Dec 1, 2016.

1. Karan#1

Karan#1 Well-Known Member

Saw it. A good and very measured film that does offer a fresh perspective on things. Not a film that wows you or is filled with scenes that take your breath away, but a film that makes for pleasant and relaxed viewing and one you connect with. I liked the tone of the film - breezy yet real and serious when needed. It's a lot like life itself, I guess.

Like FAN, I liked the handling of the emotional and dramatic scenes - they were very natural and struck a chord without ever bordering on being melodramatic or resorting to emotional manipulation.

There's been criticism about the film being overly long but the first half went relatively quick. It dragged a bit in the very end and Ali Zafar's part could have been shortened - those are my only few complaints.

It's a highly performance-driven film that rests largely on Alia's shoulders and she is brilliant - very effortless & natural. This film consolidates her position as, easily, the best actress of her generation. The casting of Alia and SRK works in a big way for the film.

SRK's entry gives the film impetus. Jehangir Khan imbibes quite a few traits that we see in SRK off-screen - he's charming, intelligent, wise and understanding etc. A proper supporting role where he leaves his mark, and gives a helping hand to the film, without ever overshadowing the lead or the film.

There's not much mention of them but I also liked the other supporting characters - especially Alia's friend Jacky.

SRK and Alia make a great pair, they just complement each other really well. Their scenes as patient and therapist were really believable. Would like to see them in another film.

rollercoast and Journey95 thank this.
  2. Journey95

Journey95 Guest

Good review, really excited to watch this movie tomorrow. Seems like with this and Fan its clear that SRKis putting some effort in his performances again.

Dude just looked bored in HNY and Dilwale especially.

Just hope his role in Dear Zindagi is big enough, wouldn't be watching it if it wasn't for him.

3. Karan#1

Karan#1 Well-Known Member

Wasn't much scope for him to act HNY & Dilwale (think he said something to that effect too).

His role's quite sufficient in length imo. He appears shortly before the interval and regularly in the 2nd half.

4. Journey95

Journey95 Guest

Good to know. Yeah thats just one of the reasons I don't like those movies (especially Dilwale).