1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Give us your opinion about PBDHH

Discussion in 'Phir Bhi Dil Hai Hindustani' started by Astri, Feb 18, 2006.

1. Alana

Alana New Member

Don't understand you, sorry. We are at PlanetSRK, so sure I'm the same person. So what do you mean,please?

2. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

michaela, she was meant to say you were from another forum.

3. Alana

Alana New Member

I know what she meant by this forum thing, but what's the matter when I said the same thing there? That's what I want to know?

4. layla-val

layla-val Active Member

I only have this vidoe taped from the television without sub-titles so my understanding of it is merely through visuals but I loved this movie. It had the right balance of comedy, drama, satire and romance. I love any movies with Shahrukh and Juhi in, they are my favourite jodi and there performances in this were excellent. Yes, it probably did come out at the wrong time, but when you have a dig at politicians and the media, when is the right time? All politicians are corrupt and the media are just vultures and this is what it portrays. I loved the music in this film also and I also think it was a good film to debut with for their production, just a pity that it did not do so well at the box office.

5. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

absolutely nothing, and I don't know the point of her mentioning it. ignore it dear.

6. Michelle

Michelle THE BAADSHAH RULES!

this is the first film of king khan's i've seen at on the first day first show!n i was not even soooo fond of him at that time but i remember i was emotionally moved by the message it gave n it ws good to see at that time,atleast some movie talked about the dirty politics n its ugliness.:eek:
    but i loved the first half where he was all a flirt n loved the comedy n sarcasm in it too.:heart: i have seen this film countless times n ido not understand why people did not accept this film!:crazy: n juhi was realllllyyyyyyy cute in this film:hug: n of course the comic timing was superb!:thumb:

7. SrkJuhi4eva

SrkJuhi4eva ~Juhi n Srk forever~

Alana i didnt mean it in a bad way, i was just wondering if you were the same person from srk.org. im sorry if it sounded mean :(

8. Astri

Astri New Member

So, which one of you is Mannu?:D

9. Alana

Alana New Member

I watched this movie again today, and every time I watch it I love it more. It's such a great movie as I mentioned before.
    And the thing or the sequences I love most are the last 15 minutes, from the point on Ajay speaks in the tv to the people. The words he uses are so emotional but the scenes which follow, there is nothing which can top that. And what impressed me the most is that his father is the first person on the street. Remember at the beginning of the movie he isn't really pround of Ajay but this scene shows how proud he is that Ajay is his son. This is so amazing. And I myslef not a really patriotic person, but I love this way of petriotism shown in the movie. That the policemen don't shoot on the tricolore. And of the unity of the people, not matter which age, male or female, no matter which caste, they are all together in this moment. The are all people from one country.
    And of course the power of tv, which have such a great infuence to the people. In these 15 minutes is really shown everything.

And I think I forget to mention that I love Johny Lever in this movie. He is amazing, as nearly everytime!

10. sabz

sabz member

i simply loved the way the film potrayed the corrupted media in a light hearted manner. shahrukh and juhi compliment each other really well. it was really different in treatment and story line

11. SrkJuhi4eva

SrkJuhi4eva ~Juhi n Srk forever~

i know srk/juhi r the most versatile pair ever!!!!!!

12. semaay

semaay Senior Member

I watched this movie yesterday and seriously I cannot understand why it was not that successful at the box-office. I loved the movie from the first scene (the title song is suuuper!!) until the end. I loved the subject of the movie - a serious topic treated in a funny and sarcastic way. I thought that the chemistry between SRK and Juhi was really something and their comic timing was perfect. The character played by Shahrukh was just amazing…it really fitted him - well because he is THE BEST!! I have to admit that in the last 15 minutes I cried because I was so moved by the speech from SRK's character and the reaction of the people, who took their Indian flags, went to the jail to save a "common man's" life! Really, this movie is great!!!

Congratulations to Dreamz Unlimited of having produced such a fantastic movie!

13. semaay

semaay Senior Member

Wafa, what about this good news? Do you have an answer now? Sorry, for being so curious :D but I thought maybe afer 2 months you can reveal it :)

14. Evy

Evy Well-Known Member

:confused: :confused:

Didn´t realize this comment from Wafa before. Now I´m curious too. :D

15. Alana

Alana New Member

I'm not really curious. This is better for my nerves.:nod:

16. 5ahseya5

5ahseya5 New Member

liked it

17. nath0208

nath0208 New Member

I think i fell in love with the soundtrack, It's magic the way it changes my bad mood into a marvellous one!

18. gtdevil07

gtdevil07 New Member

I agree nathalie, the movie had great music.

19. sanusandhu

sanusandhu Ullu-Club-Member

It is fun movie. Songs are all so funny and cute. We performed to - Ban ke tera Jogi - in college functions numerous times. Loved the movie.

20. junibrown

junibrown New Member

I enjoy watching Shahrukh in just about any movie, but this was a film I was not to fond of. Shahrukh and his company have proved over time they are capable of making better films.

At the beginning of the film when a bomb expert is trying to defuse a bomb he makes some comment about not liking 'black.' Shahrukh's character then says that 'black is beautiful,' but not convincingly. This scene just put a bad taste in my mouth. Was there a subliminal message? Was he saying he did not like black people? This dialogue confused me. Maybe I took it the wrong way. I don't know, but I would like some clarification.

Also, I thought the scene where Shahrukh's and Juhi's characters dressed up as Chinese reporters was very offensive. I don't think Indians would like to be riduculed in such a way. Why do that to other Asians? It didn't make sense to me.:confused:

The music and dancing were entertaining (minus the Elvis impersonations) as usual. I really like to see Shahrukh paired with Juhi. They also have chemistry. She is such a good actress who seems to always get overshadowed by the heroes.

I did get the films overall message for people to stand up against corruption in politics, media, etc., but for some reason I let these scenes overtake the movie's theme because I could not get past these insulting scenes.:confused: