1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Ghar Ki Baat - SRK/Red Chillies Sitcom production

Discussion in 'Ghar Ki Baat Hai' started by DianaDimple, Oct 22, 2008.

1. DianaDimple

DianaDimple Well-Known Member

SRK’s Ghar Ki Baat

Shah Rukh Khan is set to make a mark as a producer on the small screen. Shah Rukh’s Red Chillies Entertainment Pvt Ltd is producing a weekly sitcom called Ghar Ki Baat that will air on NDTV Imagine. Ghar Ki Baat is Red Chillies' first production on television.

Says a source, “Ghar Ki Baat is a weekly show that will air on NDTV Imagine. The shoot is going to commence from the 24th of this month. Juhi Babbar, Sumeet Raghavan, Swapnil Joshi and Jayati Bhatia are part of the show. Aziz Mirza is the creative director while Ananth Mahadevan will direct the show. Ghar Ki Baat is probably going to be on the same lines to that of Yeh Jo Hai Zindagi.”

Though he didn’t reveal anything about the show Sumeet Raghavan did confirm being offered the show. On the other hand, Jayati Bhatia admitted to being part of the cast. It is also buzzed that there may be similarities between Ghar Ki Baat and the old time mega hit Yeh Jo Hai Zindagi. When asked to comment on this Jayati replied, “I don’t think so. The only thing similar is that it’s a weekly sitcom.”

We called up Samar Khan of Red Chillies but he refused to comment and asked as to contact the channel.

Imagine programming head Shailja Kejriwal remained unavailable for comment.

www.tellychakkar.com

2. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

Re: SRK to produce Sitcom

wish them the best of luck with this venture :thumb:

3. rani01

rani01 RaniSrk

i wish them good luck and am sure they are not commeting on the project to not give it away!!

4. sid

sid SRK Fanatic

Shah Rukh’s first produced TV show to air later this year

Well i am sorry if its already posted or wrong to post this post here i am sorry 4 that.

NDTV Imagine will be premiering Shah Rukh Khan’s first produced TV show later this year.

Shah Rukh’s Red Chillies Entertainment Pvt Ltd has been working on the new sitcome titled ‘Ghar Ki Baat’ for the past few months and is ready to air in India from Friday 24th October. A UK telecast launch date is awaited.

According to TellyChakkar, Juhi Babbar, Sumeet Raghavan, Swapnil Joshi and Jayati Bhatia will all be a part of the weekly show.

Aziz Mirza is the creative director while Ananth Mahadevan will direct the show.

5. polyn

polyn Active Member

Re: Shah Rukh’s first produced TV show to air later this year

Hope this new venture is successful.

6. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

7. Meghna04

Meghna04 ChakDe SRK!

Here the german Translation...
    Hier die deutsche Übersetzung...

SRK’s „Ghar Ki Baat“

Shah Rukh ist bereit ein Zeichen als TV Produzent zu setzen. Shah Rukh’s Red Chillies Entertainment Pvt Ltd produziert eine wöchentliche Sitcom mit dem Namen „Ghar Ki Baat“, welches von NDTV Imagine ausgestrahlt wird.
    Ghar Ki Baat ist RC erste TV Produktion.

Eine Quelle verrät..
    „Ghar Ki Baat ist eine wöchentliche Show, die von NDTV Imagine ausgestrahlt wird.
    Das shooting hierfür wird am 24th diesen Monats starten. Juhi Babbar, Sumeet Raghavan, Swapnil Joshi und Jayati Bhatia sind Teile dieser Show und Aziz Mirza ist der Creativ Direktor während Ananth Mahadevan Regie führen wird.
    Ghar Ki Baat wird wahrscheinlich auf die selbe Art sein wie 'Yeh Jo Hai Zindagi'.“

Obwohl die Quelle nicht’s über die Show verrät, bestätigt Sumeet Raghavan, dass ihm diese Show angeboten wurde. Andererseits hat Jayati Bhatia zugegeben ein Teil der Besetzung zu sein. Gerüchte besagen auch, dass es Ähnlichkeiten zwischen Ghar Ki Baat und dem Mega Hit 'Yeh Jo Hai Zidagi' gibt. Wir fragten nach einem Kommentar darüber und Jayati antwortete: "Ich denke nicht. Die einzige Ähnlichkeit bestehe darin, dass es auch eine wöchentliche Sitcom ist.“

Wir riefen Salmar Khan von RC an, aber er lehnte ein Kommentar dazu ab und bat uns den TV Sender zu kontaktieren.

Shailja Kejriwal, Chef von NDTV Imagine, war für eine Stellungsnahme nicht zu erreichen.

8. sheruka

sheruka SRK forever

GREAT, all the best SRK and RC,

wish you the success:thumb:

9. KhushiDreamz

KhushiDreamz G.One Squad Member

OMG SRK way to go! Good luck to you and this new project!

10. bintal3in

bintal3in king khan's girl

i hope we will see shah rukh in that show...

thanx for the artical

11. Suhana2000

Suhana2000 Yvonne-SRKfan

Wish him all the best for his venture. Hope he is succesfull therewith. And I hope we can see it anytime.

12. DianaDimple

DianaDimple Well-Known Member

October 27, 2008 15:37 IST

After hosting game shows on television, Shah Rukh Khan [Images] will now produce his first TV show. Titled Ghar Ki Baat, the weekly sitcom will be aired on NDTV Imagine, and will be on the same lines as the old hit Yeh Jo Hai Zindagi.

The show stars Juhi Babbar, Sumeet Raghavan, Swapnil Joshi and Jayati Bhatia. Aziz Mirza will be the creative director while Ananth Mahadevan will direct it.

Shooting for this show will start at the end of this month.

http://www.rediff.com/movies/2008/oct/27srk.htm

13. karim2

karim2 Active Member

SRK’s Ghar Ki Baat

Shah Rukh Khan is set to make a mark as a producer on the small screen. Shah Rukh’s Red Chillies Entertainment Pvt Ltd is producing a weekly sitcom called Ghar Ki Baat that will air on NDTV Imagine. Ghar Ki Baat is Red Chillies' first production on television.

Says a source, “Ghar Ki Baat is a weekly show that will air on NDTV Imagine. The shoot is going to commence from the 24th of this month. Juhi Babbar, Sumeet Raghavan, Swapnil Joshi and Jayati Bhatia are part of the show. Aziz Mirza is the creative director while Ananth Mahadevan will direct the show. Ghar Ki Baat is probably going to be on the same lines to that of Yeh Jo Hai Zindagi.”

Though he didn’t reveal anything about the show Sumeet Raghavan did confirm being offered the show. On the other hand, Jayati Bhatia admitted to being part of the cast. It is also buzzed that there may be similarities between Ghar Ki Baat and the old time mega hit Yeh Jo Hai Zindagi. When asked to comment on this Jayati replied, “I don’t think so. The only thing similar is that it’s a weekly sitcom.”

We called up Samar Khan of Red Chillies but he refused to comment and asked as to contact the channel.

Imagine programming head Shailja Kejriwal remained unavailable for comment.

Even if the show is remotely ‘inspired’ by Yeh Jo Hai Zindagi viewers are in for a rollicking time.

http://filmikhabar.com/2008/10/23/srk’s-ghar-ki-baat/

14. karim2

karim2 Active Member

SRK’s Ghar Ki Baat launch on Jan 23rd

Ali Asgar bags a meaty role in Red Chillies Entertainment Pvt. Ltd's first fiction show on television, Ghar Ki Baat...

Ali Asgar who was last seen in Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki and Kaante Ki Takkar has bagged a meaty role in Shahrukh’s Red Chillies Entertainment Pvt. Ltd’s first venture on television Ghar Ki Baat to be launched on NDTV Imagine. He will be seen along with Sumeet Raghavan and Swapnil Joshi.

“Ali Asgar’s role in the show has different avatars to it. Definitely it will be on a comic side, with him seen in different get-ups of vendors,” says our khabroo.

When contacted Ali to know more he said, “I’m sorry, but it’s too early to divulge any information.” On asked whether it is a full-fledged role or a cameo, Ali quips “Of course it’s a full fledged role. I don’t do cameos,” concludes the actor.

Juhi Babbar and Jayati Bhatia will also be seen playing prominent roles. The concept of the show is on the lines of yester year’s very popular show Yeh Jo hai Zindagi. “The launch is most likely on 23rd January, but there can be some last minute changes to it. The time slot has not been decided, though the producers are trying for a prime time slot,” concludes the source.

Ali must be in smiles as he has bagged a good role in SRK’s first fiction show on TV.

Reporter and Author: Rachana Trivedi

15. sonal

sonal SRK's D&G lover!

he has the best cast in this show....sumeet is highly talented and sings well in three languages...swapnil joshi is amazing with comic timing... i loved this dude! and juhi is adorable...very talented and kinda reminds me of madhuri sometimes...