1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

General discussion of JTHJ (Spoiler)

Discussion in 'Jab Tak Hai Jaan' started by ASLH, Sep 21, 2012.

1. RizwanaShahrukh

RizwanaShahrukh I love SRK

nah man :confused2: he said he wanted a scene like that but adi refused... they never shot it

2. iamsrk

iamsrk I HATE to lose !!

no no ... i remember it quite nicely ... it was there ...during the end credits ... but they changed it all and made a slide of photos instead , with srk's comments in background !!

3. Sofie

Sofie Well-Known Member

I'm not surprise to see the kissing scenes after I saw the theatrical trailer. I expected that scenes to be in the movie lol!:p

4. nurul

nurul New Member

when is the third kiss?? is it when srk was sleeping n kat went to close his mouth?? they censored it in malaysia.. damn!! any link to that?? in utube only shows the 1st n 2nd kiss..

5. mira_khan

mira_khan Khan addicted!

euh i think first is in the train station , secend after they meet her mother, third she prepares breakfast, fourth when he knew about his amnesia or when they are in bed (this one was censored)

6. cmreeves

cmreeves Well-Known Member

There are 3 kisses. 1 in the train station when Samar declares his love. 2nd on the way back from meeting Meera's mother when Meera declares her love, and the 3rd is when he kisses Meera after she wakes him up while pretending to be married to him...right before she decides she can't pretend anymore.

The one some people are confusing for a 4th kiss is where she kisses sauce off the corner of his mouth, and then he buries his face in his food (to invite more)...not really a lip kiss though.

MaryAnnK says thanks.
  7. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

I just watched the movie and was really shocked to see kissing scenes, I wonder what made him decide to finally do it on screen after adamantly refusing to do it for 20 years.

nika says thanks.
  8. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

I feel the same. I have always been against having SRK kiss on screen but I have to admit when I watched this movie I did not mind it or was not really disappointed; I think it was done tastefully- simple, gentle and romantic.
    I think in this movie Yash ji wanted to reach to the younger crowd and relate to the new generation.

iamsrk says thanks.
  9. Karan#1

Karan#1 Well-Known Member

He said at the HT summit, yash chopra, aditya chopra and katrina forced him to, yash chopra told him it was a requirement of the script

Wafa says thanks.
  10. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

I don't think SRK could be "forced" but anyways, he fulfilled Yash ji's last wish I guess...

sweetie and RizwanaShahrukh thank this.
  11. raksha anantharam

raksha anantharam Well-Known Member

I think it was requirement of script. After Ishq Shava song, kiss was necessary & even in the one scene of 2nd half. But, rest of the kisses was not necessary according to me. But, It was not an loud one, so, I think it's fine.
    But, I felt exhausted & very bad at Shahrukh's first kiss :( , soon after I became used to it. :)

12. mira_khan

mira_khan Khan addicted!

personally, i was desappointed first time, but finally i found it so soft without any vulgarity that it makes the movie somehow more special.... the movie is based on pure emotion moments, i think we can't feel how much Meera's love is big without the intimates scenes in saans, and the kisses are really in the story, he kissed her first to declare his love, then she does so for the same reason, in the last one, it was needed in the story ...
    after all, this rule is his own one and he broke it for a special film to his heart (like broking that promise to never go to Kashmin and finally he broke it for Yash ji)

13. nurul

nurul New Member

Can anyone give me the link of the third kiss when katrina wakes him up??

14. sweetie

sweetie Member

I agree with your last comment about being exhausted but I didn't get used to it :(

raksha anantharam says thanks.
  15. elimeten

elimeten Well-Known Member

This one: PIRATED VIDEO

Watch it fast before they remove the video. :p

iamsrk says thanks.
  16. K

K I love you Shah Rukh. Staff Member

This forum is not about "let's post something for members to see before the moderators delete it". It is especially disappointing to see rules being broken while one is fully aware of what those rules are. Piracy is illegal and PlanetSRK holds it on our highest regard to maintain the integrity of Shah Rukh, his work and the efforts put in by the film industry as a whole. Please do not post pirated videos or pictures from these videos.

RizwanaShahrukh, Mara and Rayhana thank this.
  17. shesum79

shesum79 Member

Just had a question about this movie. If anyone could answer this question it would be very much appreciated :)
    Why was Meera so shocked when Samar told her that he's in love with her? I don't understand how she didn't know that Samar had feelings for her. Did she not notice the way he was looking at her in the Ishq Shava song or in the Challa song? Even the way Samar was interacting with her. Samar always went out of his way to talk to her and spend time with her....Thanks

18. Prerna Dewan

Prerna Dewan Well-Known Member

I don't think this question has one right answer..we can discuss this..but personally, I believe, she was so stunned because she had just freed herself of that facade of niceness, and had truly 'lived' in the moment for the first time - she had become a 'gali ki gundi', as shah rukh refers to her. It must have been a lot to take in for a person who had never really 'lived' up till that point. And then to have Samar tell her that he loved her as well..I think she was stunned because it was a lot to take in, in one go.
    Also, I think till they did the Ishq Dance, they had a purely professional relationship..he taught her how to sing Heer, and she taught him English. It was only during Ishq Dance/Ishq Shava that one can see an infatuation. But Katrina could also have been stunned due to the fact that she had only recently discovered this infatuation while Shah Rukh was already professing his LOVE for her. Possibly, she couldn't come to terms with how they had graduated so quickly from sharing a certain 'chemistry' on the dance floor to having him say 'I love you' to her.

19. cmreeves

cmreeves Well-Known Member

Sometimes we just don't see it coming...no matter how many clues there are.

Prerna Dewan says thanks.
  20. RizwanaShahrukh

RizwanaShahrukh I love SRK

I have my own interpretation. Well it goes back to why YC had a scene of Meera as a kid, even then, praying to God that she wants to marry a nice white boy... she doesn't like Indian boys because they are brown. :lol: As cute and naive as this may sound, the fact that he showed it from her childhood, and with her upbringing in London, shows that she is very westernised and kind of hellbent against marrying a brown Indian. And no, I'm not saying she doesn't like Indians, I'm just saying she doesn't fancy marrying one ;) She and Samar also had personality clashes, he couldn't even speak proper English and here Meera was engaged with a rich, suave, white guy :lol:

That night at the tunnel she saw a Samar (or an Indian) that she never thought of in her wildest dreams. The dance, the way he spoke to her prior to that all surprised her, in a good way! She also admitted she had the time of her life that night. In a way I think she fell for him also (during that night), but he just said his feelings before she could realise hers.

And ofcourse... the biggest shock must've been the fact that she fell for someone who was the complete oppsite of what her dream guy was since childhood. :)

Personally the reason why I think I interpreted it this way is because I experienced this in my own small way. I too never liked "brown" people (even though I am a South African Indian lol :rolleyes:)... my mum would often say how I would never want to play or even talk to brown kids when I was little :lol: and yet TODAY I'm deeply and madly in love with SHAH! He ain't the fairest guy out there but he stold my heart completely! I realised this 14 years back... that you can't describe your dream guy... love just happens.. and the heart never holds back thereafter :love:

Hope my twisted experience makes sense :p

Debbie says thanks.