1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Gauri Khan

Discussion in 'Oldies But Goldies **HOT**' started by Wafa, Jun 10, 2006.

1. angel_eyes

angel_eyes New Member

If i was on gauri's place and God forbid IF Shahrukh ever ditch gauri for another woman.. i would do the samething as she had said!
    Gauri knows him for so long and she knows how desperately he loved her! and even after loving her like that still he seeks for another woman.... its a guilt u can never forgive. that's what she had meant. its not that she literally pray to God everyday like that! and also she must have hinted at KANK coz she mentioned 'Since its u Karan....'
    and after all they are the scandal-less pair ever in the film fraternity and loves eachother like nothing.
    and they know it!:heart::heart:

gauri_fairy says thanks.
  2. shaza

shaza New Member

here's another!
    can their be a more beutiful couple than this?
    [​IMG]

3. shaza

shaza New Member

Yup.. i heard shahrukh saying that Gauri hated tha film!

4. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

Thankyou So Much Wafa Di For Sharing It.

5. CEL

CEL New Member

Gauri is obviously very sure of the loyalties of her husband. And that is because she knows that she is loved by a man who is loyal and respects her. That is why she is not over emotinal about it.

6. maira

maira SRK-fanatic

WOW!!..such an interesting interview!!!...:)..never read much from Gauri!!!....its pretty loong though!!..only read the 1st part yet!!!..:eek:

THnxx a loot for the lovely article Wafa Didi!!..:D

7. KKhan

KKhan Well-Known Member

thanks for sharing

8. Pinky Iqbal

Pinky Iqbal SHAHRUKH LOVER

Thanxs wafa di. gauri di is surely the best. i really love her.

9. srk_313

srk_313 New Member

my dear wafaaaaa
    i love u.thanks

10. DianaDimple

DianaDimple Well-Known Member

Very interesting - never read before. thanks

11. sofia786

sofia786 ShAhRuKh Is My LiFe

omg gauri is just sooo lucky that she has got an wonderful husband. i just lovvvvve shahrukh khan. shahrukh khan and gauri best couples on earth.

and yeh thanx fir the interview... it touched me!!

12. rbb

rbb New Member

great interviews

13. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

soooooo nice :D i really liked the interview, she spoke very sincerely, i appreciate that :) thnx Wafa

14. after reading this article i started liking and respecting her even more than i used to. peolple say that gauri is lucky to have shahrukh but shahrukh is equally lucky to have gauri.

gauri_fairy and Rayhana thank this.
  15. MaryAnnK

MaryAnnK Well-Known Member

Nilu, thanks for commenting and bringing up this old article. Somehow I had missed reading it and it is a lovely article. I have always like her from a distance. Not really read much of her thinking and how she manages her life as a super star's wife. But, she appears to be just as down-to-earth as he. They do keep each other grounded. Reading this older article is like reading an older article of Shah Rukh's. Not much appears to have changed with time in how they see their world! They make a great jodi!

Angel_SRK, Anjali72 and Jasmine thank this.
  16. exactly they are the world's bestest jodi

Anjali72 and MaryAnnK thank this.
  17. MaheshRane

MaheshRane New Member

Gauri and srk are the best example is happy family. They belong to two different religion.

Jasmine says thanks.
  18. gauri_fairy

gauri_fairy mahzabin

I can't believe I missed on reading this. "Thank you" is just not enough Wafa di.

19. mira_khan

mira_khan Khan addicted!

- "...we rented an apartment, there was nothing (in there) and my mom came from Delhi, there was no bed, no sofa, no chair, there was nothing...there was just a kitchen. Yeah, my mom was shocked to see me like that, "why don't you have a bed? Where is the chair?" she asked. So I said this is a 'gadda', sleep on this. She said "but that's really stupid, you should go and get yourself some furniture", so I said no, no, we are going to move out next month and then we'll buy everything. That took us a year. So for one year we were drinking water from 'pateelas' and sleeping on 'gaddas'" - Gauri Khan

- "When it's Diwali, I lead the function. I lead and the family follows. And on Eid, I think Shah Rukh would lead and we would follow. I think it's all very beautiful." - #GauriKhan

- "For me I'm happy with whatever..if today he says, I don't want to act, I just want to be a director or a producer, I'll be fine with whatever he's happy with. I'd rather have him home . Gauri Khan

- "My life is with Shah Rukh and the kids..He is the best husband and father i could ever ask for i always say that i am fortunate to be with Shah Rukh Khan the man..i don't come from space where i gush and praise..the world is doing enough of that i like to keep my love for him private and inside the doors of Mannat" - Gauri Khan

- "...And talking! My God! You know how he (SRK) can talk. If he talks of a fly, he can talk for like five years. He can talk on a shoe lace for ten years. And me, that's his favorite topic. He can talk for a hundred years. He just gets carried away." - Gauri Khan

- "Shah Rukh is a very thoughtful, kind and gentle man. He is a great husband and a great father. He has never said ‘no’ to me for anything. He is so good to my family, my parents, my brother and sister-in-law. He looks after them so much that I could never do even one per cent of what he has done for us, and for his family." - Gauri Khan

- "Shah Rukh isn’t filmi in the least. He is like any other man from any other walk of life who loves his wife a lot. I’m sure there are men who love their wives as intensely! It gets noticed in Shah Rukh’s case because he’s a star. I’m glad he is an exception to the rule of star husbands who are not faithful to their wives." - Gauri Khan

- #GauriKhan on the cutest thing #SRK did for her:

"Once when we we were at my friend Shivani and Sabina’s place, Shah Rukh declared, ‘We are having an engagement party.’ There was a box wrapped, flamboyantly style and inside it was this ugly green plastic ring with flowers on it. He asked me to close my eyes and slipped it on my finger. When I opened my eyes, I was shocked to say the least. That was supposed to be our engagement party."

- ''Yes he was the first person I met and went out with and he has been the only man.'' - Gauri Khan

source: https://fr-fr.facebook.com/GauriKhanFC

Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
    Dea and niloofari thank this.
  20. mira_khan

mira_khan Khan addicted!

- "Years ago, after Deewana became a hit, I was in Mehboob studio when a filmmaker offered me five lakhs. I had never seen so much money in my life. I took the bag and ran to my wife. I remember telling her with so much money, I didn’t need to do anything anymore. My wife looks the rich and snooty type but she’s a simple middle-class girl. She’s not materialistic. She looked at the money and didn’t react much. Suddenly, I realised that I had forgotten to ask about the film’s story. I had just been blinded by the money. I felt bad. I went back and returned the money." Shah Rukh Khan

- "I can’t imagine one day without Gauri. I have crazy working schedules through the year and I know how much effort she puts in to look after our home, our kids and even me. I rely on her for everything. She is the reason why we have a good, happy and healthy family." Shah Rukh Khan

- "She (Gauri Khan) is a wonderful lady. We have known each other for too long for me to just keep on saying that I love her. This is the nicest thing I can say about Gauri is that she's a fine woman, and I'm glad that she came into my life." Shah Rukh Khan

- Shah Rukh Khan on whether they had to face opposition at the time of their marriage: "There were organizations that kept a lookout at the civil courts to see which Hindu is getting married to which Muslim. But we gave wrong addresses."

The address given was of #SRK's friend's house, and there used to be protests by the religious groups outside the house on a regular basis.

- "..if I ever want to thank my wife for standing by me, as they do in award functions, it would have to be for the one and a half years of my life in Bombay. She married an actor! She lived in small house....We didn't have a bed. We didn't have space to keep a bed. We meant to wait till we could afford a bigger house to buy a bed." - Shah Rukh Khan

- "The qualities that one has admired in Gauri most is that she is at immense peace with herself. She is at rest and satisfied with very little. It’s strange that because of the way her public persona is portrayed, vis-à-vis her glamour and upmarket appeal… she is a very simple middle class, satisfied and calm person. Not easily excitable or given to emotional outbursts. Extremely balanced and basic. She essays each role or her persona without making a big deal about it." - Shah Rukh Khan

- "...some of the scenes in Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge came straight from my experiences, trying to appease Gauri’s father and win him over." - Shah Rukh Khan

- "I believe in having long lasting relationships. So you see, I’m still with Gauri. These relationships, according to me, cannot be changed, off and on. I belong to the middle class thought of school and I am happy with my Gauri." - Shah Rukh Khan

- "I think the reason we (SRK+Gauri) have been together so long is because we are both very simple at heart." - Shah Rukh Khan.

- ''My day begins when Gauri opens her eyes and ends when she closes her eyes." - Shah Rukh Khan

- "I'm not running away. I'm telling you, I'm going to act. And I call you everyday, three times a day. Five times a day. I used to tell her, give me five years, Gauri, we will be settled" - Shah Rukh Khan.

- "I remember I dropped her (Gauri) to her house and just told her I'm going to marry you. I didn't even wait for her response-just drove off." - Shah Rukh Khan

- "I would call Gauri a ‘wonder woman’ for tolerating me for so long & for spending years with me." - Shah Rukh Khan

Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
    niloofari says thanks.