1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

FIR against Karan Johar, Gauri Khan for referring Radha as 'sexy'

Discussion in 'Movies N-S' started by Rayhana, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Rayhana

Rayhana Well-Known Member

INDORE: A criminal case has been registered against Bollywood director Karan Johar, producer Gauri Khan and others for allegedly hurting the religious feelings of people by referring to mythological figure Radha as "sexy" in a song in the recently released film " Student of the Year".

The local police lodged the case in compliance with a magisterial court's order on a private complaint by an NGO.

'Shrivision Social Empowerment and Welfare Association', an NGO, had last month approached the court with a private complaint, alleging that a song in the film refers to the mythological figure Radha as "sexy".

Last month, the magistrate ordered registration of FIR, the organization's spokesperson said.

Superintendent of police OP Tripathi told PTI that FIR was lodged last night under section 295 (A) (hurting religious sentiments) of Indian Penal Code.

The FIR was lodged against director Johar, producer Gauri Khan, Dharma Productions House, Soni Music, lyricist Anveta Dutta, composers Vishal-Shekhar, singers Shreya Ghosal and Udit Narayan, and the actors Alia Bhatt, Sidharath Malhotra and Varun Dhawan, the SP said.
    http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...erring-Radha-as-sexy/articleshow/17075829.cms

2. MaryAnnK

MaryAnnK Well-Known Member

*sigh*
    Will it never end?
    *sigh*

3. Shanti Chand

Shanti Chand BANNED.

4. Pompula

Pompula Shahrukh Fan-Girl

No words....

5. phul

phul SRK my heart my soul

Court orders lodging case against Shahrukh, others
    November 5, 2012
    PTI
    Bihar | Muzaffarpur

A court in Bihar's Muzaffarpur district on Monday directed the police to lodge a case against actor Shahrukh Khan, his wife Gauri Khan, director Karan Johar and others for allegedly hurting Hindu religious sentiments by depicting deity Radha in an inappropriate manner in the film Student of the Year.
    Chief Judicial Magistrate S.P. Singh passed the order on a complaint filed by an advocate Sudhir Kumar Ojha.
    In the order, the court directed for registration of a case against the accused persons at Sadar police station and investigation in the matter.
    In the complaint filed under sections 294 (Obscene acts and songs to the annoyance of others), 295 (deliberate and malicious act intended to hurt religious feelings) and 295A (injuring or defiling place of worship intent to insult the religion) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC), Ojha alleged Hindu deity Radha was obscenely presented in a song in the movie.
    The film's actors Varun Dhawan, Alia Bhatt and Siddharth Malhotra and the Dharma Production, which produced the film in partnership with Khan's production company - M/S Red Chillies
    Entertainment, have also been made parties in the case.
    http://www.deccanchronicle.com/chan...ders-lodging-case-against-shahrukh-others-841

Rayhana says thanks.
  6. Alenka

Alenka Well-Known Member

blah ... blah ... blah ..

7. Mara

Mara Well-Known Member

SRK has withdrawn his support for SOTY over the last year, so –other than being with Red Chilis and Gauri’s husband, he shouldn’t be involved. First he was supposed to play the principal in the movie, and then didn’t. Then he was supposed to co-produce the film, even meeting with the young actors at the beginning of shooting. KJo even named him as co-producer in several interviews. But SRK’s name appeared nowhere on any of the film credits, only Gauri as being one of the two producers. I have my opinions as to what happened, but since it would be just gossip, won’t comment.
    The "message" at the end of SOTY, that one on one competition destroys the happiness of relationships, was a strong one.

semsem008 and Rayhana thank this.
  8. Rayhana

Rayhana Well-Known Member

Gauri has always been named as the producer of red chillies

phul says thanks.
  9. lailab

lailab New Member

Please do share your opinion. The recent SRK and K-Jo equation has been very puzzling to me, and I would appreciate somebody else's informed opinion and perspective...
    About the court order and the FIR, people really need to find some other way of getting their two-newspaper-columns worth of fame by using SRK's name....as he said in a recent tweet, the regularity of such 'appeals' against him is losing its appeal..

10. phul

phul SRK my heart my soul

Shah Rukh, Gauri, Karan Johar get relief from Patna High Court

News Desk Wednesday, 30 Jan 2013 1:34 am

Patna High Court stayed criminal proceedings against Shah Rukh Khan, his wife Gauri, Bollywood director Karan Johar and others in connection with an FIR lodged against them in Muzaffarpur district recently for inappropriate depiction of a deity in a film and allegedly hurting religious sentiments of the people. Justice Gopal Prasad passed the order staying criminal proceeding against Khan and the other accused persons named in the FIR and issued notice to the case informant Sudhir Kumar Ojha directing him to file his reply in the matter. The FIR was lodged against Khan and eight others at the sadar police station in Muzaffarpur district on the direction of Chief Judicial Magistrate S P Singh in November last year after hearing a complaint case filed by Ojha. In his petition Ojha had charged the accused with hurting religious sentiments of the people by depicting deity ‘Radha’ inappropriately in a song in the film ‘Student of the Year.
    Khan and his wife were made co-accused in the FIR as the film was produced by their production company - M/S Red Chillies Entertainment Ltd in partnership with Dharma Production, which was also named as accused in the case. Varun Dhawan, Alia Bhatt and Siddharth Malhotra - all debutants and leading actors of the film, too were named as accused in the case.

http://www.pakistantoday.com.pk/201...karan-johar-get-relief-from-patna-high-court/

MaryAnnK and Vegainko thank this.
  11. Arpan Srk

Arpan Srk Nam to suna hoga

:pound: people go crazy !!