1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Filmmaker wants Shahrukh in movie on Mumbai terror

Discussion in 'Movies T-Z' started by mayoub, Dec 24, 2008.

1. mayoub

mayoub Well-Known Member

Filmmaker B Subhash has been working on the script of a film based on the 26/11 terror attacks in Mumbai and he wants Shahrukh Khan to essay a pivotal role.

The producer-director, who has made pulpy fictions like ‘Disco Dancer’, ‘Dance Dance’, ‘Tarzan’ and ‘Dance of Love’ is now ready to grapple with a serious subject. Right after the terror siege in Mumbai in November, Subhash put himself at task to pen the script of a film called ‘Taj Terror’.

On Subhash’s wishlist are some big stars of Bollywood. The director wants SRK to play the martyred NSG commando Sandeep Unnikrishnan. He wants John Abraham to play one of the triumphant commandoes who neutralized the militants. And he wants his favourite star Mithun Chakraborty to play the role of NSG chief JK Dutt.

Though the film will deal with the terror attack, Subhash says it will focus mainly on the emotional fallout of the entire episode, the heartache it caused to the people involved, and the resulting sense of unity it created among everyone.

The filmmaker wants to begin shooting in January. However, he is yet to sign any of the big stars that are on his wishlist.

Source :ApunKaChoice.Com

2. sanjani

sanjani Ullu-Club Member

Hm... don't know if this is a good idea... :confused2: :eek:

3. rainy

rainy New Member

Thanks for sharing.

I don't think SRK will be interested in this film. All the producers want to make films with him. But the big question is are they worthy of him?

4. bonita

bonita Shahrukh-My LOVE

so true Rainy
    hmmmmmm

5. Shabana_SRK

Shabana_SRK Dr D&G

i think its very inconsiderate of him to want to start making a film so on after the terror. it hasn't even been a month. i really hate how everyone always tries to exploit everything!

6. Pompula

Pompula Shahrukh Fan-Girl

This was my reaction also... I agree that it's way too soon to make a film about it now....

7. sheruka

sheruka SRK forever

what nonsense?? I dont agree at all, why people think only selling , I mean wow they are so quick to sell even trageides.

i hope SRK will not do that.

8. sonal

sonal SRK's D&G lover!

i cant believe they would think on making a movie on this or let alone speak about doing so, this soon... i mean yeah they had made a movie on the 9-11 attacks here in NY and it was all a true story, but i dont think this is the time to speak about something like this....and as much as we know SRK likes to work in films that he finds as great stories to tell to the audience, i dont think he would work in a film like this...

9. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

He's already making My Name Is Khan, which is a bit about terrorism and stuff.
    Plus, why would SRK want to play a small privitol role like that?

10. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

He's already making My Name Is Khan, which is a bit about terrorism and stuff.
    Plus, why would SRK want to play a small privitol role like that?

11. kokesrk

kokesrk Well-Known Member

For me, if Shah Rukh agree to do this film, he make a tribute to his country and his people

12. PaolaSRK

PaolaSRK Well-Known Member

wow I think that would be fantastic Shahruhk khan be very nice for the role that the director would want to represent also a good time to see Shahruhk khan in other movie that is not romance but also demonstrate their skills and professionalism actor that has and is able to represent any kind of paper to submit