1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

filmi Jokes, Pokes and Stokes and scene discussions (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Om Shanti Om' started by Wafa, Nov 13, 2007.

1. Pakiza

Pakiza New Member

u mean the symbols?

2. clochette

clochette New Member

Thanks for asking, Pakiza! No, there is a male voice from the 'off' saying some words in Hindi and then come the words "camera", "action" and you see the gate of the RC studios. I mean the words spoken by this male voice...

And I have just another question: When the gates open, one can see, at the left, two film-posters... Does someone know the names of the two films? I think the left one is 'Mother India', and the right one 'Mughal-E-Azam', but I am not sure?

Btw, it's kind of an anachronisme to have the shooting of 'Karz' at 1977 when the film came into the theatres in 1980 (or did it take soooo long to make the film?).

3. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

I'd like to know that too claudia but unless any of the hindi speaking members remember we might have to wait till the release of the DVD.

about the films, were you talking about karz?

4. clochette

clochette New Member

No, the two posters at the studio-wall are from former movies (Karz is just shot in the story).

5. Pakiza

Pakiza New Member

oh yes now i know what u mean....well umm i dont remember it:eek:

6. ninahdevi

ninahdevi Active Member

in one of the unofficial subtitled trailers for the movie on youtube they had those lines translated but Eros had the vid removed.

If I'm remembering correctly it was something like
    "if a man is in god's favor, though he dies, he cannot be truly obliterated" or something like that- apparently it was typical of the voice over movies used to have at the beginning-- maybe it's a direct quote from Karz or something- I really don't understand why it wasn't subtitled in the theater print.

7. clochette

clochette New Member

Thanks Andrea. It would make sense... well perhaps one of our hindi-knowing members have the possibily to confirm that.

8. Pakiza

Pakiza New Member

i think sonal can help

9. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

sonal where are you dear? or even shilps? shilpa do you remember?

10. sonal

sonal SRK's D&G lover!

as far as the two films are concerned, they were mother india and muhgal e azaam. :thumb:

dont know about the rest...

11. sonal

sonal SRK's D&G lover!

sorry for not seeing this earlier, but andrea is right. im not sure where the couplet is from originally, but thats what it meant. basically the whole theme that a person who is righteous in what he wants, though he dies, he isnt gone for good...

good job andrea :thumb:

12. sonal

sonal SRK's D&G lover!

i think the actual line was:

noor e haq shamae ilaahi ko bujha sakta hain kaun, jis ka haamy ho khuda us ko mita sakta hai kaun?

its not pure hindi, though im sure its apparent...its urdu :thumb:

ok so after some research i found out that its from Waqt....it was used as a foreshadowing technique for the characters in that film...

13. MarjorieGK

MarjorieGK Ullu-Club-Member

I read somewhere that Karz was shot over a longer period of time and released in 1980. So the shooting could have started in 1977. Though I won't give my head for it.

14. Pakiza

Pakiza New Member

thx alot sonal....yes that was it.... very urdu....shayari andaaz...

15. clochette

clochette New Member

Oh, sooo happy... THANKS, Andrea, Sonal and Marj and Pakiza!!!! (Marjorie, do you think you can find this article??)

16. MarjorieGK

MarjorieGK Ullu-Club-Member

Unfortunately it wasn't an article - I read it on a few websites ("1977 musical blockbuster Karz"), that's why I said I wouldn't give my head for it. The official and confirmed information is that Karz was released in 1980. However, at that time making films that lasted a few years wasn't unusual. As Anu Chopra wrote, it was connected with availability of sponsors and funds (often from illegitimate sources). So such a possibility cannot be excluded. Especially that Farah knows much about Hindi cinema of 1970s, plus Shubhash Gai, who made Karz, was also present on OSO sets - this could confirm this version.

17. clochette

clochette New Member

Okay, thanks once again Marjorie!

18. cadisha

cadisha Tiger Tamer

Thanks a lot to all for explaining some of the quotes, jokes and references of Om Shanti Om! Since I don't know any of the old hindi movies, I really didn't get them at times :eek:

And I also don't know all of the special appearences in the the Deewangi Song, could someone post like a list in order of their appearance? I really would appreciate it!

19. sanjani

sanjani Ullu-Club Member

For now I've only found an alphabetical order....: :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Om_Shanti_Om

Or maybe this: I hope this link is ok? :eek::
    http://in.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080115062855AAMllRm
    But I haven't checked the list....

20. cadisha

cadisha Tiger Tamer

Brita!!!! :hug:

Thank you so much, I found the list in order of their appearance in the second link!!! I'm gonna copy it here, if others also want to know:

Rani Mukharjee
    Zayed Khan
    Vidya Balan
    Jeetendra
    Tusshar
    Shabana Azmi
    Priyanka Chopra
    Dharmendra
    Karisma Kapoor
    Juhi Chawla
    Bobby Deol
    Priety Zinta
    Kajol
    Urmila
    Tabu
    Aftab
    Sunil Shetty
    Govinda
    Mithun
    Arbaaz Khan
    Maliaka Arora
    Dino Morea
    Amrita Arora
    Ritiesh Deshmukh
    Rekha
    Priyanka Chopra
    Saif Ali Khan
    Salman Khan
    Sanjay Dutt
    Lara Dutta​

I gotta watch it right now again, so I finally know all the actors and actresses in the song :thumb: Thanks again Brita!! :)

EDIT: Awww, what a pity, it seems like its also not in the right order :( Could somebody who knows all the actors and actresses maybe correct it? I know, its gotta be a lot of work, but it would be soo nice!! Thanks in advance!