1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Filmfare April 2013

Discussion in 'Magazines' started by Missutube, Mar 13, 2013.

1. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

You're quite right Alenka, I got mixed up.
    I now have a digital edition of the magazine - photos are credited to Jatin Kampani.

I must say I am a bit shocked at Big B's and Dilip Kumar's comments about srk. They are actually quite rude.
    Not so surprised at the former, sad about the latter (do we put it down to age?). :(

gauri_fairy says thanks.
  2. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

Looking through the 100 Best Films of the Century - also rather surprised and disappointed that there are only 3 srk films in there.
    No Swades, no MNIK. No Dil Se, VZ or Devdas! (though 2 earlier versions are included)
    If they had had the courage Ra-One should have been there - perhaps not an excellent film but an important film for the industry.

Overall they have only included one film post-2007 (from everyone not just srk) which is odd. Obviously they have stacked the list with nostalgia as I can't believe that only one outstanding film has been made in the last 6 years.

MaryAnnK says thanks.
  3. sami16

sami16 a fan not a fanboy

I would be shocked if the likes of Lagaan, DDLJ, Chak De! India, perhaps Rang De Basanti, from recent films, weren't in a list of 100 best films of the century...all 4 deserve to be shoo ins to such a list

4. Karan#1

Karan#1 Well-Known Member

What did they say?

5. Karan#1

Could you please link me to the list? Thanks. I guess the list is subjective, comes down to the opinion of a few people.

6. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

totally agree. those should have been on the list, but this is a list of 100 best films according to whom? not to the billions of fans out there...

MaryAnnK says thanks.
  7. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

nice to see you around again ;)

8. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

Yes, they are all on the list, but none of those are within the last 6 years.
    Correction: 3 Idiots is on the list but they tagged it as 2006 instead of 2009, so that makes 2 from the last 6 years.

9. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

I have an digital subscription to Filmfare direct to my ipad through Zinio.com so there isn't an actual link.
    However here are the last few films included:
    Udaan 2010
    3 Idiots 2006 (but actually 2009)
    Taare Zameen Par 2007
    CDI 2007
    Khosla Ka Ghosla 2006
    Rang De Basanti 2006
    Munnabhai Series 2003 & 2006
    Maqbool 2003
    Dil Chahta hai 2001
    Lagaan 2001
    Satya 1998
    KKHH 1998
    DDLJ 1995
    Bandit Queen 1994
    Andaz Apna Apna 1994
    Hum Aapke Hain Koun..! 1994
    Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar 1992
    Lamhe 1991
    Parinda 1989
    Maine Pyar Kiya 1989
    Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak 1988
    Mr India 1987
    Pushpak 1987
    Mirch masala 1985
    Sparsh 1984
    Saraansh 1984
    Masoom 1983
    Ardh Satya 1983
    Angoor 1982
    Jaane Bhi Do Yaaro 1983
    Arth 1982
    Shakti 1982
    Silsila 1981
    Chashme Buddoor 1981
    Khubsoorat 1980
    Aakrosh 1980

I won't go any further than that. From here back its largely dominated by Big B in the 1970s and Dilip Kumar films before that and includes their Don and Devdas respectively.

Yes, its the opinion of 2 people, but its still announced as Filmfare's list.
    I'm sure these are all fine films, but how can Munnabhai be on a list of great films, but not Devdas or Swades? :noidea:

MaryAnnK says thanks.
  10. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

There are long interviews with all three of them separately.

Filmfare: Do you consider Amitabh Bachchan and Shah Rukh Khan to be the extensions of the Dilip Kumar phenomenon?
    DK: I believe Amitabh is an accomplished and complete actor. Shah Rukh is extremely popular I understand.

Filmfare: Something about SRK that sets him apart from the rest...... (their dots)
    AB: I don't have the ability to assess that but it must be something very powerful, else he would not be in the position he is in today.

:tsk:

MaryAnnK says thanks.
  11. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

No, not according to fans. There is a separate section for Most Popular......
    Arpan has scanned them in posts above.
    In summary, they are:

Biggest Superstar
    1. Dilip Kumar
    2. SRK
    3. Amitabh B
    4. Salman K
    5. Aamir K
    Guess the ladies still have a long way to go! :rolleyes:

Most Influential Actor
    1. Amitabh B
    2. Salman K ( :suspicious: )
    3. SRK
    4. Aamir K
    6. Rajesh Khanna

Global Icon
    1. SRK
    2. Aishwarya RB
    3. Salman K
    4. Amitabh B
    5. AR Rahman

Most Popular Song
    1. Tujhe Dekha Toh - DDLJ

Most Popular Dialogue
    1. Bade Bade Deshon Mein - DDLJ

Most Popular Scene
    3. Climax of DDLJ

Most Popular Dance Sequence
    1. Chhaiya Chhaiya - Dil Se

Most Popular Character
    1. Gabbar Singh - Sholay
    2. Raj - DDLJ
    3. Chulbul Pandey - Daabang
    4. Don - Don 1970s version
    5. Munnabhai - Munnabhai MBBS

The only sections He didn't come in the top 3 were sections he wasn't eligible for eg: Best Actress. :D

TessaRose and MaryAnnK thank this.
  12. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

Re: Zinio.com
    I have had a Filmfare subscription for a few months now (you have no idea how funny that is for a middle-aged Aussie who has never once bought an Australian film or Hollywood magazine :lol: ) and it works very well. You can also buy back issues for the last few years, including a yummy srk special edition from a couple of years ago. I don't think its exactly the same edition as that sold in India, but I am assuming that this edition has the same 100 Years features. The pages scanned above are certainly the same.

13. Karan#1

thanks for the list :). I agree when you say they got nostalgic in choosing the older films. I can understand SRK's devdas not being there but swades definitely needs to be there (should be a no brainer, not sure how they ignored its critical acclaim and cult status). Veer Zaara should be there as well, it's yash chopra's finest film and one of the best romantic films. And I'm not being an aamir hater but they included some overrated films of his in there (lagaan, rang de basanti, taare zameen par).

14. Karan#1

Not sure how Dilip Kumar was a bigger superstar than SRK and Amitabh, I often hear him in discussion of being the best actor ever but never superstar.
    Btw what explanation did they give to Salman being more influential than SRK?

MaryAnnK says thanks.
  15. gauri_fairy

gauri_fairy mahzabin

People are certainly getting "influenced" from the wrong direction. No wonder the world is so messed up!

16. Karan#1

don't laugh but according to his fans he's a kind, great man with a big heart. He's certainly tried covering up his criminal and bad boy image in recent years with his being human brand.

17. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

They included 7 of Aamir's films and 3 for Salman, yet left out srk's superb 2004 batch. I just don't get it! :crazy:
    Yet He is the one invited to be on the cover. I guess they know who will sell their magazine! :D

MaryAnnK says thanks.
  18. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

I agree. His films are violent no-brainers and the values he presents in his personal life are hardly commendable. If he is the one influencing India, then :tsk:

19. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

They only wrote about the No.1 position holder, so no analysis of SK and srk.

It can only be that his films are making a lot of money at the moment. Surely srk has had a bigger influence in that, amongst other things, He has almost single-handedly opened up the overseas market.

20. Vegainko

Vegainko Well-Known Member