1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Film buffs can now watch 'Happy New Year' online

Discussion in 'Happy New Year' started by mumbiene, Dec 22, 2014.

1. mumbiene

mumbiene Well-Known Member

Film buffs can now watch 'Happy New Year' online
    By The Hitlist Team |Posted 1 hour
    - See more at: http://www.mid-day.com/articles/fil...new-year-online/15858180#sthash.LKlDxJP8.dpuf
    Red Chillies Entertainments Pvt Ltd has decided to take its film 'Happy New Year' to the international audience in the most unique manner. The Shah Rukh Khan-starrer will now be available for direct viewing online.

[​IMG]
    Farah Khan's 'Happy New Year' has gone online

The Direct-To-Fan model of release of any content has been so far used for the music industry globally. 'HNY' is the first commercial film worldwide to release on the DTF model which is being considered the future of films globally. "We at Red Chillies have always taken pride in establishing new trends and delighting our fans. Along these lines we bring the biggest entertainer — 'Happy New Year', directly to our fans through online streaming for the first time ever," says Venky Mysore, CEO RCE.

While the traditional distribution markets like India and China enjoy wide release of a Hindi film, DTF will release in other countries, barring these two traditional ones, to reach the most unconventional distribution markets.

The film will be available on HNY's website to be viewed by movie lovers worldwide. All one needs is an internet connection, a device to watch it on and a credit card. At a minimum price, the film can be viewed. It can be watched on your computer, cell phone or any other digital device with a net connection.

- See more at: http://www.mid-day.com/articles/fil...new-year-online/15858180#sthash.LKlDxJP8.dpuf

rubyroo, Mara and julianchiksrk thank this.
  2. julianchiksrk

julianchiksrk Member

but we can`t watch it in Russia(((

Mara says thanks.
  3. Mara

Mara Well-Known Member

OMG!!! It works...sort of. The website even takes PayPal. Coming back here to post this crashed Chrome once, but the movie re-started, then this page re-loaded. What a wonderful XMas present from Shah Rukh! I could hardly sleep last night I was so excited. Off to the movies........

rubyroo says thanks.
  4. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

has anyone else experienced this? :

Sorry. This is currently unavailable in your region.
    Type in your email below and tell the producers you want it in your country!

why wouldn't it be available ? this is so damn frustrating! :frusty:

Mara says thanks.
  5. Alenka

Alenka Well-Known Member

In Russia, the film is also available.

Mara and rubyroo thank this.
  6. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

did u mean to say that it's also not available?

7. rubyroo

rubyroo Art student. Inspired by him.

:) sorry Dea...

Mara says thanks.
  8. Mara

Mara Well-Known Member

What's especially nice about this version of the movie is that the English subtitles for the songs are also shown. I'm still seeing funny new details in the movie I missed the first eight times.

rubyroo says thanks.
  9. rubyroo

rubyroo Art student. Inspired by him.

Me too. We need a movie marathon thread to discuss! @MaryAnnK

Mara says thanks.
  10. Alenka

Alenka Well-Known Member

Yes . Not available.

Mara says thanks.
  11. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

whyyyy :hurt: i'm so sad over this

Mara says thanks.
  12. Mara

Mara Well-Known Member

@Dea, @Alenka, I'm so sorry. Perhaps they’re waiting to release it in special countries with subtitles in the language of that country. Some subtitles in these languages might take more time than other more common ones, like English. English was the only subtitle option I saw offered with the HNY streaming website.
    There are computer programs where you can “fool” the Internet into thinking you’re in another country and enjoy movies from that country that you wouldn't see in your home country, such as on Netflix, but I don’t know how to do it. One of the ones for the US is Unblock-US. My son tried to teach me once, but I never figured it out.

Alenka and Dea thank this.
  13. Pompula

Pompula Shahrukh Fan-Girl

OMG! This is beyond amazing!! I was afraid it wouldn't be available in Finland, but it actually is!! Now I'm just sorry I already made plans for tomorrow, so I probably won't have time to watch it.. :p
    At least after that the rest of the week will be Christmas holiday ( + weekend) so I'm sure I'll have time to watch it a couple of times at least... :D

Mara and rubyroo thank this.
  14. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

that's a good idea, but i have to pay to watch it, and so i don't think that will work...

Mara says thanks.
  15. tasifa

tasifa which means Blue Eyes in Thai.

OMG. The bloopers and the deleted scenes are hilarious!

Mara says thanks.
  16. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

sure yaar,twist the knife further into the wound :tsk: :rofl:
    but no trouble,i've waited so long,surely i can wait some more

[​IMG]

17. tasifa

HEY! I put it in this thread because i didn't want to twist the knife. I could have told you in our private message.
    I wanted to add something but now I'm gonna keep it zipped! :p

18. tasifa

You know it's a joke right?

19. anesya

anesya Guest

i gotta admit the hny team knows it stragedy to make still money from a movie that has been released ages ago
    love it!!!

rubyroo, Debbie and Mara thank this.
  20. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

arre :rofl: i was only kidding yaar, don't act like u don't know my sense of humour :fish: :p

Mara and tasifa thank this.