1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

"Feeble" power list 2005 of Filmfare

Discussion in 'Shah Rukh Khan Dhamaal' started by fatimamirza, Jan 19, 2006.

1. fatimamirza

fatimamirza New Member

Who are the industry's 10 most powerful people?
    THE TOP 10

(1)Yash & Aditya Chopra, (2) Shahrukh Khan, (3) Amitabh Bachchan, (4) Aamir Khan, (5) Salman Khan, (6) Sanjay Leela Bhansali, (7) Karan Johar, (8) Rani Mukerji, (9) Aishwarya Rai, (10) A R Rahman
    SHAHRUKH KHAN - Rank 2004: 1
    Throne out of gear
    If there’s one tag Shahrukh Khan likes to pin on himself, it’s ‘hard-working’ (guessed wrong?). In 2005, he took and unexpected sabbatical and the audience, fattened on regular doses of the energetic Khan, did not hide its disappointment. Neither, it seems, has the industry, even more demanding of its bestselling actor. Both would not be satiated with one hatke film and one item number. Where was the warm familiarity of the formula, where was the magic?
    Still, it takes a lot to dislodge tenacious King Khan from his throne. And he might have continued his reign in this Power List had it not been for the unstoppable Yash & Aditya Chopra, who simply outworked him last year. Nevertheless, there was a lot going for him in 2005. Paheli is India’s official entry to the Oscars. He reveled in his new status as item boy in Kaal. His world tour with the Temptation show was a roaring success. The endorsements rolled in. The cheques flowed. He got a new house in Dubai, will have a new office and apartments in Mumbai. And he decided to quit smoking (he’s getting there, he says). 2006 should make up for 2005. He will kick off with Karan Johar’s Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna, follow that up with Farhan Akhtar’s Don 2 and end with Farah Khan’s Happy New Year. It’s going to take something to top that.

Films 2005: Paheli, Kaal, Silsilay, Kuch Meetha Ho Jaye
    Films 2006: Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna, Don 2, Happy New Year

Quote 2005: “when I did Ishq kameena, nobody called it an item number. So item boy is a new term. Sounds like toy boy, so it’s okay. Boy makes me feel younger. Call me anything so long as it has boy in it”.

2. jihan

jihan New Member

Re: Who Are The Industry's 10 Most......

Shahrukh in the second place?????.........:eek:

3. Astri

Astri New Member

2nd place for the industry, what about for the actor Fatima? Shahrukh is at 1st place rite?

Did you read it from FF mag?

4. Pakiza

Pakiza New Member

is this recent one? u mean it wont be srk this time?

5. fatimamirza

fatimamirza New Member

yes Astri he's 2nd place for the industry and the the 1st for actors

the top 10 actors are:

(1) SHAHRUK KHAN (2) Amithabh Bachchan (3) Aamir Khan (4) Salman Khan (5) Hrithik Roshan (6) Abhishek Bachchan (7) Akshay Kumar (8) Saif Ali Khan (9) Ajay Devgan (10) Sanjay Dutt.

& the top 10 actresses: (1) Rani (2) Aishwarya (3) Preity (4) Kareena (5) Kajol (6) Priyank (7) Bipasha (8) Sushmita (9) Mallika Sherwat (10) Vidya Balan

6. fatimamirza

fatimamirza New Member

jihan, he is 2nd for the industry, but see the interesting opinions: King Khan may be second, but his magic will continue to woo the people for a long time. His only release, Paheli, was a losing b-o proposition, but it gave him the opportunity to show the other side of his talent and is the Indian entry to the Oscars. SRK is spreading his success in other fields as well, as producer and show organiser. (said by Mohammad Shaharyar).

His consistency is commendable. He is powerful not because his films rule the box office, but because he rules our hearts. He rocks, he rolls and he rules.. (said by Sneha Shah)

7. Astri

Astri New Member

WTG Shahrukh!!!

Wow!! Sushmita got position too this time.

8. Astri

Astri New Member

Well said you guys!!!

Thanks again Fatima

9. khadija

khadija Member

thanks for sharing, he may be second in the industry but first in our hearts

10. kanika

kanika New Member

thanx for sharing

11. K

K I love you Shah Rukh. Staff Member

Thanks Fatima.:smile:

12. Lia

Lia Well-Known Member

wow, he's in 2nd place. for actor categories, no doubt he's in 1st place.

13. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

This should not come as a surprise, but it may - the Hindi film industry has voted Yash and Aditya Chopra the most powerful people in the business, dislodging long-reigning box-office badshah Shah Rukh Khan from his throne.

The Yashraj juggernaut thundered into the No 1 slot in Filmfare's Power List 2005, making it the first time a production house has been judged more powerful than a superstar.

While SRK had a relatively lean year, with only a middling success in Paheli, the Yashraj duo notched up the biggest hit of 2005, Bunty Aur Babli, did a Salaam Namaste, set up the country's most advanced post-production studio, distributed films that went from Mangal Pandey to My Brother Nikhil, expanded their music business and consolidated their empire with clinical efficiency.

The congenial Yash Chopra and his obsessively media-shy son Aditya make an odd pairing, but it is one of the most successful in Hindi film history

(I forgot to put down the source, and now I forgot which one it was)

14. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

hmmm....:rolleyes: I wonder, knowing the history and factors behind the success of their movies, if SRK wasn't the Star of most of their moives.....would they still be in this "power list" or have same success???:rolleyes2::rolleyes2:

NOT !!! this year's power list (2005) is weak.:loco::loco:

What are your opinions everyone??

15. Chicken

Chicken ♥ ♥

Thanks Fatima.
    Well, he definitely always comes 1st place for all of us, no matter what category :first: . Shah Rukhji is the Greatest and the Best always and forever.
    He's the one and only true :hail: Baadshah of Indian cinema and absolutely nobody else can claim his throne, they might try, but they'll never ever succeed !!! :D

16. Chicken

Chicken ♥ ♥

Yep, I totally agree with you on that, Didi.
    I pretty much doubt that without SRK their movies would be as successful as they are starring the Great King Khan !!!
    Besides nobody can dislodge the King from his throne, what nonsense :lalala: , the mere thought is ridiculous !!!

17. kanika

kanika New Member

i agree too

18. K

K I love you Shah Rukh. Staff Member

Thanks Wafa.:smile:

God damn what is it with people and dislodging him from his throne?!

Even if they are too...I guess, stupid to see it, we all know that Shah Rukh will always be number one...as an actor, as a human being...as everything.:hug:

19. nita_aceh

nita_aceh New Member

yes, i agree with u Kalee......

thanks Fatima

20. fatimamirza

fatimamirza New Member

I agree with you Wafa he is the only reason & behind of their movie’s successes, his power, his magic, his honest, his millions fans in the worldwide, he is the greatest Bollywood star, able to act any role and powerful enough to make any movie he wants, the handsome, charismatic actor who arrived in Mumbai in 1991. In fact, it’s enough that Mr. Amitabh Bachchan said about him: "Shahrukh is the most famous living legend & the superstar."