1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite quotes about SRK from Still Reading Khan

Discussion in 'Still Reading Khan - by Mushtaq Sheikh' started by Bridget, Mar 13, 2009.

1. Bridget

Bridget Well-Known Member

In these days when there isn't much new SRK news I have been trying to re/re-read parts of that immense and unwieldy volume Still Reading Khan. It certainly could have used a good editor to have pulled it together into real cohesion and it certainly could have used an index, it would have improve it quite a bit insofar as organization and being able to find anything again. That said there are so many gems hidden amid it's many pages that I thought it might be interesting if people shared some of their favorite quotes about Shahrukh from this book.

Here are some of my favorite quotes others made about Shahrukh in the book:

"When i saw Darr I saw a side of him that I didn't know, which he was hiding. He wanted roles where he could have blood, something which he could hide himself. And what I saw was a lovely heart. He's a lovely guy. He's got insecurities, complexes, everything. But he's a real emotional, good guy and I wanted to cast him in my film.In my movies I wanted him without any crutches,where he didn't have to hide himself.No blood, no gore no villainy, nothing. And I could see that given the chance I could tap that and my instinct told me that when I tapped right, it could be very special. For we'd already seen his anger. And seeing love through the same eyes would be very special. And I was right"

--- Adi Chopra

Rayhana and nika thank this.
  2. bluey[Ru]

bluey[Ru] Guest

there is one from Farah that i really love..

"i remember at, at one time, i was going through a really bad personal relationship. usually Shah Rukh never talks about personal relationships, of whether he approves of it or not. i think he found it awkward or something for that was one aspect we never talked about. but i remember one day, he had called me up from where he was shooting to ask me something about work the next day. and i was going through this very traumatic time and i started crying on the phone and i could not talkto him and i put the phone down. twenty minutes later, my doorbell rang and Shah Rukh was standing outside my house. he had left the shooting and come to me. he was with me for an hour and a half after that and just sorted out my personal problems. he listened to me and gave his opinion on what had happened and what will happen and normally i trust SRK's judgment because he is pretty right about things. i can never forget that"

- Farah Khan

3. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

omg these are great! :love: i dont have the book pls post more :D

4. Bridget

"When I first saw Shah Rukh, i realised he had this brewing intensity about him. He has it all in the eyes. Watching him on screen is a delight because he never seems to bore you"

--Yash Chopra (page 424)

5. prilvsrk

prilvsrk ♥tere liye♥

wat a great idea for a thread!! im going to add to this sometime tonight!! :D

6. Bridget

"Such is his charisma that he made a religious, conservative and traditional expression like inshaallah very cool, fashionable and secular"

-- Javed Akhtar (page 136)

7. Anjali72

Anjali72 Thanx Shah Rukh!!!

I love that one!!! It is so absolutely true!!! Four years now that I love Shah Rukh and not one single second I was bored of him!!!!:thumb::heart::heart::kiss:

8. Bridget

"Shahrukh could have actually been two things - the biggest star in the country or a spiritual leader. There's no third thing he can be.

He is evolved. He's reached some kind of nirvana in his head already because of his thoughts and reading. Shahrukh reads more than I think any librarian ever has. I think he reads a book a day.

His thoughts are spiritual. If he wasn't an actor, I can imagine millions of people sitting and listening to his thoughts on life, humanity and everything. Shahrukh Khan is my free Art of Living course, which I get every day".

--Karan Johar (page 2)

9. srkjuhi

srkjuhi Well-Known Member

Those are some great quotes. I don't have all these books so it would be great if you guys can post some more quotes from it. Are there any from Juhi in it?

10. Pompula

Pompula Shahrukh Fan-Girl

LOL! Not all librarians are big readers, some don't even read books... :D

Anyway, this is a wonderful idea for a thread. I can't really re-read the whole book, too much sadness, but I like looking at the pics and reading the quotes... I shall post some later....

11. bluey[Ru]

bluey[Ru] Guest

"he is so full of life, he makes everyone around him appear like wimps"

- Manisha Koirala

12. bluey[Ru]

bluey[Ru] Guest

:lol: i love this one too

"i love it when i read his interviews. i can just see him spinning everybody around his little finger and saying bold things and i can just imagine the poor people in film magazines taking it all in. but they just dont have an idea who he is. the more he says, the less you know about him. Shah Rukh has also realised that this is a great way to keep the limelight away from the real person....."

- Benny Thomas

nika says thanks.
  13. prilvsrk

prilvsrk ♥tere liye♥

i just love this one!! shows how little we know about shahrukh... even though we think we know a lot... it's sad.. but tht's the only way for him to have a private life and still be the darling of the masses!
    tht's wat you call intelligent and clever!! :rolleyes:

14. Bridget

"It's his need and his constant desire to be loved and to give love. He is so eager for your love and he is so desperate that he gives himself fully.

Till date, Shah Rukh Khan will never ever have not given 100% to every take of his.You might ask for the 10th take, and he will find some way to excite himself for the 10th take and give himself totally to it.

Because of the early loss of parents, and the fact that his sister is unwell, he wants to be loved, loved big time. He is not going to let you go till you love him. So he will grab you and he will say 'Look at me because I am giving you love, now give me love back.' That's what makes Shah Rukh Khan the superstar that he is. It's his constant desire to be loved and for that, he's not going to ask to be loved. He is going to give you love. When he's on stage, or doing a scene, he'll give it his all. It's his way of telling you to look at him."

-- Adi Chopra (page 425)

raksha anantharam, Rayhana and nika thank this.
  15. bluey[Ru]

bluey[Ru] Guest

i know yaar
    i love that about ShahRukh..
    he tells us everything that he allowed us to know nothing more than that.. and to be honest, im happy of what im getting from him, i mean glimpes of the real Shahrukh [even though, im dying to know who is the real person behind the actor]

16. jg2k

jg2k The.One

Wow! All these quotes are so so very nice. And given all that we are reading about others talking about him everyday. It's so true - a person can talk in the right sense about somebody else's life and character only when he/she is a very special and close friend!

All the quotes show such very different aspects of ShahRukh - but the most haunting ones are definitely by Benny Thomas and Karan Johar. SRK has reached a place where things can't possibly touch him anymore - so despite all the bad, he comes back with his best smile every time... Probably that's the reason he has been able to separate himself from the entity who rules Bollywood. How I wish I could know a little bit more of him - but anyway, this ShahRukh is also a part and reflection of the real ShahRukh - and that's enough for me... :)

17. srkjuhi

srkjuhi Well-Known Member

I have always thought he was a very spiritual person. Its something that is apparent in his interviews when he states his views on his life or just different circumstances in general. All these quotes more than anything just show what a great friend he is to a lot of people out there and how he sort of influences them by just being a part of their lives and vice-versa.

I know I'm sounding like a broken record...lol! but I would be glad if someone could share any of Juhi's quotes about him? I don't have all these books so the few quotes that I have read from her about him I think are the ones that were said in different interviews.

18. bluey[Ru]

bluey[Ru] Guest

here is one from Juhi :)

"there is a certain languid sensuality about Shah Rukh Khan when it comes to romantic scenes. this, he effortlessly combines with his gaze which reflects a controlled desire"

- Juhi Chawla

19. bluey[Ru]

bluey[Ru] Guest

"this man gives his co-stars respect. he treats women with utmost care and dignity. there is nothing cheap about anything he does. its always a treat to be with him. he constantly motivates me to give my very best to the take. he treats me like a child and also tells me the rights and wrongs of facing the camera. even helpful, i can always count on him. because i know he is there"

- Rani Mukherjee

20. bluey[Ru]

bluey[Ru] Guest

"try getting to know the man and the more you think you know him, you will be surprised to know you dont"

- Gauri Khan