1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Fan Tentative Release Date

Discussion in 'Moviewala' started by vijay24, Feb 1, 2014.

1. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

No @coolcat , we should all stop watching Indian films and stick to Hollywood. :lol: ... yeah.... right... :rolleyes:

2. Karan#1

Karan#1 Well-Known Member

You mean upset with YRF? They're producing Fan not SRK's Red Chillies.

3. Mara

Mara Well-Known Member

Shah Rukh Khan's 'Fan' postponed to September 2016
    By Agencies |Posted 29-Jun-2015

New Delhi: Shah Rukh Khan's real life fans may be left disappointed as Bollywood helmer Karan Johar recently tweeted the news of King Khan's upcoming film 'Fan' being postponed.
    The tweet read 'Adi just called and asked me to release BROTHERS on the 14th of August,2015 as FAN is postponed...gestures likes this make my day special...' Instead of the scheduled date, the film will now release in September 2016. Reports have revealed that the delay of the film is due to the ongoing work on the VFX effects that will be seen in the film. The film is being directed by the 'Band Baaja Baaraat' director Maneesh Sharma, and produced by Aditya Chopra.

- See more at: http://www.mid-day.com/articles/sha...-september-2016/16329168#sthash.xb3YWlMw.dpuf

:(

mumbiene says thanks.
  4. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

5. tasifa

tasifa which means Blue Eyes in Thai.

Lets see the positive side of things....next year we're gonna have two release for sure! :)

6. Karan#1

They're months late. We know since 5 months that Fan's been postponed due to its VFX but they're reporting it now.

We don't really have any idea of the new release date. It's all a guessing game until YRF announce it.

rubyroo says thanks.
  7. Mara

Mara Well-Known Member

In the first posted SRK interview here yesterday, he talked about Fan and said: "It’s a very different film, I don’t know if it’ll work or not – but I think it’s the most different film made in this country."
    Shah Rukh is usually more enthusiastic about his films, so I wonder if this opinion it that of Aditya Chopra who thinks it's too different and is trying to make it more commercial with lots of editing and extensive VFX effects. I don't think "Adi" would shelf it altogether, but it does sound like he's not too eager to release it with the footage he has now.

rollercoast and rubyroo thank this.
  8. Karan#1

He said the same things before release and also about Raees. It is a different film so what else would he say? I'm actually surprised at him talking at length about the film which he hardly does in such interviews.

Aditya Chopra is just the producer. It's delayed because of the VFX work taking longer than expected but even if it's for another reason we have no way of knowing. They would have just made it a commercial fare from the start if they wanted it to be commercial.

rollercoast, rubyroo and Mara thank this.
  9. Manikanta

Manikanta Well-Known Member

Hmm...so many release dates...I think there is some other reason than just VFX which is delaying the movie so long...little disappointed with the proceedings of this movie...

rollercoast, rubyroo and Mara thank this.
  10. rubyroo

rubyroo Art student. Inspired by him.

My personal little theory is that they are having trouble getting his look right. It's kind of a subjective feeling I have because I felt a bit doubtful about his goofy look in some of the on set pictures from Fan we have seen. And because I think Ahmir Khan made a mistake by looking so goofy in PK. I am not a fan of Ahmir of course but I thought he had a rather pleasant attractive face before PK but now I only picture him looking...goofy. Please don't let that happen to Shah Rukh!!! It is interesting to me that Shah Rukh went for a very different look as an eccentric and unusual person in MNIK but he was just as appealing as in any other movie he has made. They better do as well in Fan.

Mara and rollercoast thank this.
  11. sami16

sami16 a fan not a fanboy

I think that neither Aditya Chopra or SRK are happy with how the film has shaped up. SRK saying that the film is different as it can get could be a code for 'its hilariously bad'! I don't think any film star or producer would bad mouth his film in public hence why they are sticking to the 'VFX delay' excuse.

RA. One was a heavy VFX film, it was delayed once I think in the very early stages of production, but when they announced the next date they stuck to it, and that date was only a few months past the old one! Fan looks like its going to be delayed at least by 8-9 months from its orginal August release date, that suggests there is a major problem in post-production, possibly content not being upto scratch.

rubyroo says thanks.
  12. Mara

Mara Well-Known Member

I’m sure the content is good. SRK doesn’t give bad performances. They probably don’t know how to put it together now to have the greatest impact. The film offers a lot of possibilities, especially if they’re adding biographical material. They should add parts of SRK’s films that also have related parallel biographical scenes, like in Chalte Chalte, KANK and Ra.One.

rubyroo says thanks.