1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Fan Review of Dear Zindagi

Discussion in 'Dear Zindagi Member Reviews' started by Mara, Nov 24, 2016.

1. Mara

Mara Well-Known Member

‘Dear Zindagi’ is a jewel of a movie. The situations, writing and dialogs are intense, insightful and the equivalent of five years of therapy. From my postgraduate work in psychology, I could appreciate Shah Rukh’s great performance as the warm and skilled therapist. Alia is brilliant as the intelligent modern woman who sabotages her closest relationships in spite of herself and then is left overwhelmed with guilt, depression and anger. There is a genuine emotional healing and maturity that occurs in the process of therapy and that is reflected in her gradual personal and professional empowerment. All the psychological details are there: the initial dream that guides the analytic relationship, personal history, transference, consolidation and resolution. Some of the solutions seem simplistic and familiar but often they really happen like that in therapy. The time period for all this to take place was unrealistically short and would probably take much longer but this is a movie after all. The level of sophistication demonstrated in dealing with complex psychological issues may be lost on fans who just want bare chests and car chases but for those who have had similar experiences, it will be among the best films of the decade.

I loved this movie, saw it yesterday braving LA traffic (record gridlock), and am taking my son who is in a post graduate psychology program to see it today.

2. Journey95

Journey95 Guest

Great to hear, it seems the general consensus is very good so far. Can't wait to watch it.

I'm wondering though, how much SRK is in the movie? A few weeks ago I heard he is in just for like 30 minutes.

3. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

I've heard 40-50 minutes. @Mara?

Nice to see you back btw:)

4. MaryAnnK

MaryAnnK Well-Known Member

Thank you! Not living in California anymore and no theater that I can find anywhere around here! I am so bummed right now! I is going to kill me to wait for the DVD!!!!

If anyone knows of a website that I can check for theaters out of my area, please post them!!

5. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

As you say @Mara, this is not for the chase/fight/dance loving audience. I wish films like this were not just marketed as 'Bollywood' outside of India. It means a whole lot of people who are happy to watch a more serious film, even with sub-titles, miss out.