1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Exclusive: Shah Rukh Khan, Katrina Kaif Punjabi song 'Heer' leaked (spoiler)

Discussion in 'Jab Tak Hai Jaan - Music' started by mumbiene, Oct 7, 2012.

1. mumbiene

mumbiene Well-Known Member

Exclusive: Shah Rukh Khan, Katrina Kaif Punjabi song 'Heer' leaked

Published Sunday, Oct 7 2012, 17:10 BST |
    Shah Rukh Khan and Katrina Kaif's lyrics to the upcoming Jab Tak Hai Jaan track 'Heer' have been revealed.

The scene from the film features the stars at a party to celebrate the birthday of Kaif's father, played by veteran actor Anupam Kher.

The lyrics reference a Punjabi folk romance: 'Heer Heer naa akho adiyon/Main do Sahiban hui/Ghodi leke aave le jaye/Ho mainu le jaye Mirza koi.'

Gulzaar's lyrics to the AR Rahman track can be translated as: 'Don't call me Heer, my friends/I have become Sahiban/Bring your horse and take me away/It is my hope that Mirza comes and takes me away.'

"The beauty of 'Heer' is its soaring female vocal from Harshdeep Kaur. The song's strength is in its simplicity and has all the makings of becoming a Yash Chopra classic," a source told Digital Spy.

Kaif wears a lilac and turquoise traditional salwaar kameez for the party scene, with Khan dressed in formal black western attire.

"Audiences are more used to seeing SRK with Kajol and Kat with Akshay Kumar. But in Jab Tak Hai Jaan their pairing will delight Bollywood fans," added the source.

Kaif and Khan filmed the song's video in April earlier this year during a series of night shoots at a country house in Surrey.

Jab Tak Hai Jaan releases on November 13.
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/bollywo...an-katrina-kaif-punjabi-song-heer-leaked.html

precious_ain, Tash and phul thank this.
  2. sami16

sami16 a fan not a fanboy

Is this the same as 'Saans' or 'Ishq Shava'....seems like a 4th song, alot of punjabi influence in the songs, wonder if any of the characters are punjabi?

3. mumbiene

I think it`s another song..... Heer

4. iamsrk

iamsrk I HATE to lose !!

Heer is a HEER ... a traditional punjabi folk .. attributed to Heer of Heer-Ranjhaa ...
    Heer has one tune .... different words are put in it and it has been used multiple times in indian cinema

songs like koyal kooke hook uthaye from ddlj ... and chali meri dulhan ki doli(sung by mohd. rafi) ... the tune is similar wid diff words!!
    and if u ask me.... i am really happy that there is a heer in this film .... the tune of heer is one of my fav .... really soothing and emotional!!

mumbiene says thanks.
  5. KKhan

KKhan Well-Known Member

i doubt it is leaked

6. mumbiene

Katrina Kaif gets tech savvy

Published: Monday, Oct 8, 2012, 11:44 IST
    By Sayantan Dalal | Place: Mumbai | Agency: DNA

A new song from the forthcoming Yash Chopra film Jab Tak Hain Jaan will be launched next week in a unique way.
    The song Saans, picturised on actors Shah Rukh Khan and Katrina Kaif will be launched in Mumbai, in the presence of both the actors, even though one of them is on foreign shores.
    A source tells us, “Though Shah Rukh was available for the event Katrina was not. Her dates are clashing with the event. She will be in Chicago shooting for her next flick Dhoom 3.”
    And because Chopra insisted on having both the stars around, everybody was in a fix. After much deliberation and sorting of dates, they came up with a unique concept to include both the actors in the music event.
    “SRK will be physically present and Katrina will also be there, but virtually. She will interact with the guests via Skype from Chicago. SRK and Katrina both are very excited, and it’s a special event for both of them,” the source further adds. “It’s a romantic song — the first one in Jab Tak Hain Jaan picturised on SRK and Katrina. They share a sizzling chemistry. It was not surprising that Chopra asked both the stars to be present for the event. He wanted the song to be launched properly, in both SRK and Katrina’s presence,” the source reveals.
    http://www.dnaindia.com/entertainment/report_katrina-kaif-gets-tech-savvy_1750119

Vegainko, MaryAnnK and precious_ain thank this.
  7. Sofie

Sofie Well-Known Member

Didn't read the spoiler but another Punjabi song in JTHJ? Why does Yashji is so obsessed with Punjab & its culture? Is he born in Punjab?

8. elimeten

elimeten Well-Known Member

Yes, didn't you watch SRK in Conversation with Yash Chopra? He was born and raised in Punjab until he was 19/20. Then went to Mumbai to work as an assistant director.

Sofie and mumbiene thank this.
  9. sistlashyamu

sistlashyamu Active Member

the second song of Jab tak hai jaan 'SAANS' is being released tomorrow at 4:30 pm!!!
    very excited!!!wat about you guyz???who else is going mad for it!!!

10. sistlashyamu

sistlashyamu Active Member

Second officail song 'SAANS' of JTHJ to be released on 9th of october!!

11. Sofie

Sofie Well-Known Member

I did watch that converstion but I'm still waiting for the subtitle version since I couldn't understand much being said by Yashji.:)

12. elimeten

Sofie says thanks.
  13. Sofie

Sofie Well-Known Member

Hey thanks Ima!:) How could I have missed this!:p Will watch the video soon.

14. elimeten

No problemo. :D

15. all of the songs are excellent especially esigh shava.......................:)thank u a ar rahman