1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Ep 20 Translations

Discussion in 'KAPPSTH - Translations' started by sonal, Jun 14, 2008.

1. sonal

sonal SRK's D&G lover!

Saif Ali Khan opens the show.

SAK: Blessings to the children, salaam to the elders, my name is Saif Ali Khan, and Im sure you have heard of it. And today I present, KAPPSTH? From today I am the host of the show. And today Im calling on the first player to the class. He is 42 yrs old, lives in mumbai and likes acting. Please welcome Mr. S.R. Khan.

Whats going on? You were going to come alone.
    SRK: I noticed that you had taken over my show so I took over Kareena. Ill give you a choice, either you take the show or Kareena.
    SAK: SRK there is no choice yaar, obviously Im going to take the show.
    SRK: If I say that they are the prettiest couple then I wouldnt be lying, if I said that I have known them for years and they are one of the most talented actors, I wouldnt be lying, and they are here to prove that they are smarter than fifth graders. Saif how do you feel? After coming to a classroom after so many years.
    SAK: I was drinking coffee with Sarah and she was warning me that these are the types of questions that are there. She asked me one or two and now Im nervous
    SRK: Now youre nervous? Its ok because even I dont know the answers because we studied this years ago, though they are from the syllabus of 1-class 5. You tell me Kareena, how did you prepare?
    K: Actually I dont like to read books at all...Ill depend on Saif.
    SRK: So whatever he says goes. And since he doesnt know anything, the game will go really well. They are both playing for charity. Saif is supporting those that have HIV or AIDS. Kareena is also playing for a charity, so please tell us about it....
    K: St. Anthony's Old age home in Bandra. I feel bad for the old people that have to live there because their kids for whatever reasons are not able to take care of them.
    SRK: So let me explain the rules (explains) and the promise
    Ok so choose your classmate
    SRK: Shriya because you are wearing Kareena's favorite color. So if you guys have noticed, all the kids are dressed like Saif and Kareena. So choose your subejct.
    K: Class 4 maths

(quest)

SRK: Shriya gave the answer before the question was read.
    Saif, its purna sankhya.
    SAK: Yes I met him last week
    SRK: You meet purna sankhya (whole number).
    SAK: He is the person that prepares my beetle leaves...is zero a whole number?
    SRK: You're asking me?
    SAK: Shriya
    SRK: She cant tell you either.
    SAK: Bebo!
    SRK: She doesnt know either.
    SAK: Im pretty sure its zero.
    SRK: hero is saying zero
    SAK: Yes
    SRK: What do you say?
    K: Whatever the hero does
    SRK: Whatever the hero does ... are you cheating saif?
    SAK: Im trying but she isnt even looking at me.
    SRK: Look at him please....but dont scare my kids.
    SAK: is zero a whole number?
    SRK: Whoever presses it is responsbile
    SAK: (fixes it)
    SRK: You were asking if 0 is a whole number or not. Lets see what the kids have written first. They wrote 0.
    SAK: Whoohoo.
    SRK: I never said if they were right or not.
    SAK: Its ok if they have the same thing then Im ok.
    SRK: 0 is the right answer!

2. sonal

sonal SRK's D&G lover!

SRK: Ok Kareena tell me that if Saif gives the wrong answer will you yell at him?
    K: Later not on camera.
    SRK: I have seen a film with you shouting and all, so please tell us a few lines
    K: (why did you do this? dont you know? Im a Sikhni from Bhatinda!) -- jb we met.
    SRK: Oh Ho!!!! So choose the next subject
    K: Class 3 Hindi
    SRK: They have asked for Hindi., but before we give the question, we'll take a short tiffin break.

3. sonal

sonal SRK's D&G lover!

SRK: Welcome Back! Saif and Kareena are playing well and all of their cheats are still there. So lets see the Hindi question please.

(quest)

SRK: Only Saif will answer?
    SAK: I know!
    SRK: Shriya thinks that she knows the answer and she has fixed it...
    SAK: I dont need anyone's help on this, because I like this food. Can she read it? Ill write and she reads.
    SRK: He has written Raajmaatha (queen mum) Ok because he is a prince and all. Who is that Saif?
    SAK: No its Raajma.
    SRK: Sure?
    SAK: Yes (fixed it again after kareena did)
    SRK: You have already fixed it so dont break the thing. Unfortunately,
    SAK: HUH?
    SRK: its not the technical word, because its too common so we dont use it. its a common word
    SAK: Youre making up something
    SRK: I need the main word....
    SAK: like something biological or something? ok um...
    K: Its Rajma Saif. (fixed it again)
    SRK: Why are you doing it again and again? Thats the right answer!

4. sonal

sonal SRK's D&G lover!

SRK: She has brought a gift for you. A top...
    Shriya: It was tight on me so I thought it would fit you....(for Kareena)
    SRK: Ok now Shriya cannot play because she has helped you for two questions so please choose the next classmate
    SAK: Sreeparna
    SRK: Because she said sports? please choose the next subject
    SAK: Class 4 sports

(quest)

SRK: Sreeparna thinks that she knows the answer.
    SAK: I know the answer...
    SRK: How do you know?
    SAK: My grandfather used to play, and my great grandfather used to play...we also have a family tournament with it....
    SRK: You box?
    SAK: No not volleyball either. The answer is Polo
    SRK: Polo? What do you want to do?
    SAK: Fix it
    SRK: Let kareena do it...she does it angrily. Polo is the right answer!

5. sonal

sonal SRK's D&G lover!

SRK: He doesnt look it but is very intelligent.
    SAK: Chukka Chukka
    SRK: Hey this can be a saying for our new film! choose the next subject
    K: Animal kingdom

(quest)

SRK: Sreeparna thinks that she knows the answer.
    SAK: Its def not Central America. I feel its the Arctic. How about a wink or a nod? She is taking it very seriously...
    SRK: We have trained our kids against you...you have three cheats (explains)
    SAK: I think we can guess and if we are wrong she will save us. Do you know the answer?
    Sree: (shrugs)
    SRK: Your charm isnt working on her...
    SAK: Yes....
    K: The only one in the world huh?
    SRK: What do you want to do?
    SAK: Fix
    SRK: You fixed Arctic. You sure you didnt rush?
    SAK: I dont know.
    SRK: You knew or you just fixed it like that?
    SAK: It has to be between Arctic and Antarctic
    SRK: If she is right she can save you, but you are right!

6. sonal

sonal SRK's D&G lover!

SRK: Kareena was studying to be a lawyer....so if you were...and please i dont mean this as any offense so dont make a case, if i was the judge and she said that this isnt the criminal, i would be like ok since you said it...its ok. The studying you did for law....for 1 yrs, 2 yrs?
    K: 1 yr
    SRK: OK so once tell us how you would tell the judge that this isnt the criminal
    K: (does so)
    SRK: Of ho, its ok, whatever you say goes! Its ok even if he is. So we will keep talking like this and also about what Saif wanted to be but after a tiffin break.

7. sonal

sonal SRK's D&G lover!

SAK & K: Welcome back to Airtel presents KAPPSTH
    SRK: Before the show is over they will be able to say this "welcome back..etc." They are now playing for 2 lakhs. So choose your next classmate.
    SAK: Jimmy... (Dheirya)
    SRK: He looks naughty right?
    SAK: What is naughty's name?
    SRK: Dheirya....Sharmila has called us and you dont know....but she told us things about you...there she is
    Sharmila: Saif used to get hit...he was very naughty. He used to hide his hw and we would have to find it all. Whenever we used to ask, do you have hw? He would say, not at all.
    SRK: Choose your next subject, and Dheirya is also with you
    K: General Knowledge

(quest)

SAK: Islamabad? Im asking you.
    SRK: The question was asked to you.
    SAK: What are the religions? There is no place called Christian.
    SRK: Is Pakistan in SAARC?
    SAK: Yes right? Boss?
    Dh: (shrugs)
    SAK: Its gonna be like that?
    SRK: I need a nation name.
    SAK: Then its Pakistan
    SRK: What is the capital of Pakistan?
    SAK: Isnt it Islamabad? Ill stick with it
    SRK: I dont know if you know that Pakistan is in SAARC or not.
    SAK: We got it
    SRK: Youll do that for every question? Coz then I feel bad saying its wrong. Pakistan is Not.........not the wrong answer!

8. sonal

sonal SRK's D&G lover!

SRK: In your eyes the respect for Saif increased. Youll call him with love and respect...
    SAK: Guru-ji
    SRK: 5 lakhs now...so choose your next subject
    SAK: You have to tell me, son
    Dh: Stories and Culture
    K: Culture

(quest)

SRK: Dheirya thinks that he knows the answer
    SAK: I dont need the kid...
    K: Dont be over confident
    Dh: Let me say one thing that if I help you then you have to sing a love song for Kareena
    SAK: (all english)
    SRK: So the respect for him has increased. If you get this right, then she will keep you on her shoulders.
    SAK: False
    SRK: Right answer!

9. sonal

sonal SRK's D&G lover!

SRK: Dheirya can sit down now, so dont worry he was just joking with you...
    SAK: Ill sing a song for you...
    SRK: SAK will sing a song for you but if you answer the hw question only...so take a tiffin break.

10. sonal

sonal SRK's D&G lover!

SRK: Welcome back. I said that Saif would sing a song for us...
    SAK: (does so)
    SRK: Kareena you are impressed but Im also impressed with his poetry as well. Choose your next classmate
    SAK: Anubhav
    Anu: One minute. Im SAK's duplicate today so Ill show him something.
    SRK: Like I said the kids are very smart...meet him after the class. We are Khans that are very possessive.
    K: Class 1 social studies

(quest)

SRK: Say it louder....Anubhav thinks that he knows the answer and has fixed it.What are you guys thinking?
    SAK: We want to copy.
    SRK: Youre the first contestant that is enjoying this...
    K: We just want to peek
    SRK: You have to fix it...
    Anubhav wrote Nehru.
    K: I think its Indira Gandhi
    SAK: I think he is right.
    SRK: They are a bit confused so kids say, dum laga ke....zor laga ke...now decide
    K: We will go with his answer
    SRK: Youll have to fix it
    SAK: (fixed it)
    SRK: You were just discussing Saif. Lal Badhur in office....died where? Does it ring a bell?
    SAK: Im sticking with it
    SRK: Youve already fixed it...why did you rush? you have to go with it regardless
    SAK: Where did i? you said to lock it!
    SRK: I was just saying that but its the right answer!

11. sonal

sonal SRK's D&G lover!

hey guys ill have the rest in the morning... my comp is acting weird....

12. Sonnia

Sonnia Auntyji's Bhanji

AW: Ep 20 Translations

Sonal :kiss: without these translations I would never ever understand anything.
    Thank you so much for this hard work you are doing for us. :hug:

13. srk_kushal

srk_kushal I Like Blue...

thanks lol, but OMG how can you type and post so much, my fingers started aching watching this!!

14. sonal

sonal SRK's D&G lover!

hey sweetus, my net connection ia wavering so im typing this real fast before it goes out again but there is about a file and a half meaning somewhere around 11 mins of the show left for me to translate...so will have it done as soon as i can :thumb:

15. sonal

sonal SRK's D&G lover!

lol its habit sweetu :thumb:

:hug: thanks Steph :D

16. sonal

sonal SRK's D&G lover!

ok im back and in action..... ill finish this and the next episode today :thumb: :pray:

17. sonal

sonal SRK's D&G lover!

SRK: Do you want to make a side deal with Kareena?
    Anu: You both dance on a song
    SRK: What song? How about ole ole? I like that song.... (me too :D)
    SAK: Sure because I remember the steps from it

(do so)

SRK: Choose your category
    K: Class 1 English

(quest)

SRK: What do you think?
    SAK: A
    SRK: You are saying A
    SAK: Yes sir, unless you say "tan"
    SRK: Saif is showing you that he knew before you did. "A" is the right answer!

18. sonal

sonal SRK's D&G lover!

SRK: SAK you are playing well and yet you are not able to say after we come back from the break, Airtel Presents KAPPSTH.
    SAK: Ok this is it,
    SRK: Ok this is the one so look in that camera and say that we are taking a break and come back fast because we are playing with SAK and Kareena.
    SAK: This is a break...
    SRK: Saif, properly...
    SAK: (does so)

SRK: Welcome back...Saif and Kareena are playing and also dancing here but the most important thing is that they are giving all the right answers. Im going to ask you one thing, that this friendship that you have between you two, the relationship that you have, how did is start?
    SAK: I dont remember really, but the first time that I had seen her and I was shooting and there was a little girl sitting there in front of a makeup room there all alone, and was looking at me, or maybe not me but i thought that she was.
    SRK: Sure, you think that every girl looks at you
    SAK: I then asked someone that who is this girl? And someone told me that this is Kareena Kapoor, Karisma Kapoor's younger sister. I thought she was really pretty and I think from then itself I liked her. We had met alot but didnt talk much, and we had done a movie together LOC, and we didnt talk much. And in Omkara we didnt talk at all. And during Tashan we got to, and little by little we became friends.
    SRK: So Kareena when you were looking were you looking at Saif?
    K: Honestly I dont even remember.
    SRK: Dont remember?
    K: Nope.
    SAK: She says when she is alone with me that she was looking at me and marking her territory.
    SRK: You were looking at him and saying, i want this boy (in punjabi)...I hope that you guys are happy and all because they are really good friends of mine and I pray for them a lot. So you have two more cheats left and there is only one more kid left, so Milanjeet come here.

Milanjeet is from Chandigarh and he is also very smart. So Milanjeet do you have any wish from them or anything?
    M: Since you are really skinny and all, after I help you guys each have to eat one one ladoo.
    SRK: Ladoo is there? He had bought it with him. So yes here we go, feed one another.

(they all feed one another...)
    SRK: Saif and I will eat and get fat...but onto the next question...
    SAK: Stories

(quest)

SAK: Snow white or sleeping beauty
    K: its from 1937...
    SAK: But its Disney....so its from then...Cinderella?
    SRK: You think its Cinderella?
    SAK: Bro, what are you writing?! (to Milanjeet)
    K: He is writing the fairy tale
    SRK: Bro! He has thought a lot though. For 50 lakhs.
    SAK: I think we should guess and then let him save us.
    SRK: What is Kareena saying? You guys are arguing like last time...
    SAK: She thinks Snow White.
    SRK: Are you romancing or discussing.
    SAK: I gave my answer already. Im just looking
    SRK: Saif is loving. What are you going to do?
    K: Fix.
    SRK: Which?
    SAK: Cinderella....or Sleeping Beauty. I think its Cinderella...
    K: Then you hit it....(saif does so)
    SRK: Let me show you what the kids have written. They wrote Cinderella. And Kareena is very happy. And saif is happy also. And if he is right the respect would increase like anything.
    SRK: If he is wrong?
    K: Really upset and angry.
    SRK: What do you say when youre angry?
    K: I dont want to talk to you saif...
    SRK: I think its time to say that, because unfortunately its the wrong answer....
    K: But he has safe....
    SRK: He does. Ill tell you the right answer first. Its
    K: Snow white...
    SRK: Say it louder....yes Snow white....hit him.....one more! Lets see what Milanjeet wrote....Snow White!!!

19. sonal

sonal SRK's D&G lover!

SRK: So kareena tell me do you want this one or that one?
    K: Definitely Mili

(bell rings)

SRK: Saif you really played very well and Kareena thank you for coming here. and we were trying, oh, milanjeet you can go and sit down...you won 50 lakhs so on behalf of everyone thanks for coming here to play. you guys also have a gift, an LCD TV from us. So you also had that deal to make with me that if you dont win the 5 crores... (the promise)

Say that you guys had fun coming here to play. We are leaving from this show now, but this will keep going. And you guys keep coming, and find out and tell the world, if you are smarter than a fifth grader or not.

20. starstar

starstar People are not perfect (except when they smile)

Thank you very much for the translation, Sonal :)
    I've just finished watching this episode and reading your translations was of great help to understand it.

Thank you Swetoo. You've done a marvellous job, as usual :hug::kiss: