1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

English translation of MTV interview from Special Features?

Discussion in 'Om Shanti Om' started by FilmiGirl, Jul 20, 2009.

1. FilmiGirl

FilmiGirl Active Member

Does anyone know if one exists anywhere in cyberland? I'm learning Hindi as fast as I can (which is not very fast) but I really don't want to wait years to knwo what they are saying. Thanks.

2. MaryAnnK

MaryAnnK Well-Known Member

Christy, I have been learning for two years now and still struggle with understanding but it is coming along! What are you doing? I am using Rosetta Stone and absolutely love the program. The language just comes so naturally. Keep listening and learning. I will occasionally go back and rewatch some of the extras and find that I can understand more and more. It is so exciting.

3. FilmiGirl

FilmiGirl Active Member

Right now I'm just trying to learn some basic words and phrases from a book (and what I pick up from watching Hindi films everyday, of course). I have been thinking about getting Rosetta Stone. Now that you have recommended it, I definitely will. Thanks!
    I'm seriously considering a trip to India next year and want to learn as much as I can beforehand.

4. kahaanii2802

kahaanii2802 Pagal Naanii

MaryAnnK is absolutely right. I too have been at learning Hindi with Rosetta Stone for 2 years now and would recommend it too. It's no easy language to learn. In the beginning I had started learning Hindi with a small book too, but soon wanted more:D
    I wish you success!

5. MaryAnnK

MaryAnnK Well-Known Member

You go girl!! Consider what you have learned just by observation through film and then imagine what you can learn with a structured program. Check out Craig's List for the program. I got my daughter Japanese for a very good price. I bought mine retail and wish I would have thought about it first. Have you considered coming to the convention in February? I can't imagine a better initiation into India than meeting up with friends for an SRK convention, can you? :smile: :D

6. FilmiGirl

FilmiGirl Active Member

I'm really thinking about the Convention. It sounds like a lot of fun and so interesting to meet so many SRK fans from so many different places. World peace and understanding through SRK fandom!!
    I would say that right now there is an 80% chance I will make it to the Convention, at least for part of the time. I can't go to India without seeing the Taj Mahal so I would definitely want to make time for that. I will let evryone know when I make my final decision.

Thanks for the Craig's list suggestion. I looked on eBay but no luck. I always forget about Craig's List for some reason.:)

7. Pompula

Pompula Shahrukh Fan-Girl

Sorry for being OT but what is Rosetta stone? (I mean, I know what the original rosetta stone is, and judging by the context, this is propably some language learning thing, but can you tell me more...)

8. kahaanii2802

You are right, it's a language learning programme for the PC and very good.

9. Pompula

Pompula Shahrukh Fan-Girl

Thanks. Do you have to buy it or is it on the internet?

10. FilmiGirl

FilmiGirl Active Member

Unfortunately, you have to buy it and it's a bit expensive, almost $300 I think. I took MaryAnnK's advice though and looked on Craig's List and I'm meeting with someone tomorrow to buy their' Hindi 1 package for about half that. I'm looking forward to starting it. It's supposed to be the best language program you can buy.

MaryAnnK says thanks.
  11. kahaanii2802

You have to buy it, you have to pay 200 Euro average but if you can get it like Christy by Craig's List, e-bay, amazon.... you're lucky. But it really is the best.

12. Rayhana

Rayhana Well-Known Member

I also have been searching for this everywhere and have not had much luck I really would like it so if any one has either seen it somewhere or can translate it themselves somewhere I would really appreciate it ..It seems like a really fun interview and though I understand some of it I don't understand all.

13. Rayhana

Rayhana Well-Known Member

just wanted to ask again about the english translation of this interview...I really want to know what they are saying.....please please if anyone has a link to a subtitled version or can maybe do a translation I would really. appreciate it. Thanks

MaryAnnK says thanks.