End of an Era

Discussion in 'Shah Rukh Khan Dhamaal' started by chandu28, Aug 13, 2017.

1. chandu28

chandu28 Well-Known Member

I am an die hard SRK FAN, but I mean no offence while posting this with great heart break.......I guess bollywood era of SRK & Salman has come to an end with both their careers diminishing. The diminishing has been more so with SRK. With all the wrong choice of movies his script sense has gone to the bottoms.

It started with Happy New Year, Dilwale, Fan, Raees, Jab Harry Met Sejal...........good he is working with new directors, but bad b'cos none of the scripts in the movies had any sense or logic. He has been experimenting too much.

He should play to his strengths......go back to the drawing board and rework his strategy. SRK should take the example of Aamir Khan who in a film like Dangal played the father of 4 daughters.......

He should go back to the tried and trusted formula of his earlier collaborations and work with Karan Johar, Farhan Akthar, Sanjay Leela Bhansali, Ashutosh Gowariker.....one director I would see him to work is Rajkumar Hirani. He already did a big mistake of backing out from a couple of Bhansali's movies.

If he should not fade off totally....SRK should rework his strategy.

Sorry to all my Co-Fans, I am just being honest with my talks.

cool1989, Vegainko and skrogers thank this.

Dear guest,

PlanetSRK is one of the largest ShahRukh Khan communities in the world.
    Please support us by registering for free!
    Just click the signup button at the top!

Thanks,

PlanetSRK Staff

3. Alenka

Alenka Well-Known Member

I, too, will be honest, he does not owe anything to anyone. And even more so, he will not return to the past, for the past is dead ....

skrogers, nancy, Rishima62 and 2 others thanked this.
  4. Tash

Tash Well-Known Member

Shahrukh passes to a new, higher level of creativity. Raise your standards!

skrogers and Rishima62 thank this.
  5. ashi2

ashi2 in love.......

art is an art you cant make strategies for it. but to understand this you need to be an artist ..... sorry for you boy. god bless you

6. coolcat

coolcat Well-Known Member

I understand you as loyal SRK fan we all want to feel proud of him and his work you don't know how stress I was waiting for JHMS and I show the trailer to all my friend and make them excited to see SRK film as they are not fan of him then you get disappointment the story line even my friend says that SRK is an excellent actor but recent years , I know he want to give chance for new director and new writer but Indian in general don't have that amazing story writer like in Hollywood, I think he need to evaluate his movie choice he said I recently don't read script I just do film because of my friends. no he need to be the SRK and new writer and director need to earn that to direct SRK. am a big loyal SRK fan but seeing his recent film I feel disappointment and I know a lot of you feel same way and it's okey cause he is our SRK he his like my family, we criticize him because we care because we know he is above and beyond those silly movies, he is power force of acting, he can't do that type of movie any more.

cool1989 and skrogers thank this.
  7. Rishima62

Rishima62 Defying Gravity

With all due respect and all respect of different opinions - I think he has the freedom to choose what he wants and he does (and thank God he does), I also think his fans should try to grow up a bit - sorry to say so. I loved JHMS - a movie with a very, very tough story told in a gentle, calm and sweet way. I only can imangine how a European version of that movie would have been (I am European btw) - I am sure it would end up with suicide or something - a young fridig and manipulative woman and a man who hates hisself and tries to make up his emptiness with s** - and is kind of a s**-addict because of that - THAT is acutally the story - but for myself it was told sweet - and he was out of this world good in it. For example: I hated HNY - do I blame him - no. I just do not watch it anymore. For me these days are so exciting because you never know what his next steps will be - I am more excited than ever when a new movie comes out because of his choises. Sometimes I love it, sometimes I only like it, or even not. What always counts is his performance - and it is getting better and better. This over the top days are history - I love it - but I also love the more silent actor - the one who is allowed by this new directors to show another side of him. I am glad that he doesn't work with all the Karans and Farahs these days. They are not able to suit him anymore IMHO. They have been but not now. For me he already is beyond and above Bollywood somehow - no offense here - I do not know how to say it the right way. Of course these are all still Bollywood movies.

Fan, Raess, JHMS - brilliant in my opinion. And I am not saying that everyone has to like it - no - but I never can relate this "disapointment in him" thing.

And again - this shows how much truth lies in a movie like FAN.

skrogers, ashi2, nancy and 3 others thanked this.
  8. coolcat

coolcat Well-Known Member

Dear it seems you are new SRK fan and you seems fascinated about Bollywood story. I think you need to look deep in. I am from Middle East and the only movie we see in our TV since 1993 are Bollywood movie, and I have been SRK fan since Baaziger, yes I am old.. old SRK fan and I have seen Bollywood for looooooong time I know all Bollywood stories maybe it is new for you as European,but we already seen JHMS in many other Bollywood movie because of that I was shocked to see repeated SRK at his age chasing girl behind tree, I love Fan because of his acting ability also Raess and Dear Zindege, yes I like SRK to have role like Dwarf ..but we are talking here about his choice like JHMS and SRK not acting for himself he is acting for his fan for people so yes he has to think and rethink about kind of movie he has to chose. he is not newcomer who take any movie to be in industry he is bigg like Aamir Khan although I don't like Aamir but his movies choice lately to be honest was good for his acting ability. Yes I am BIg Fan of SRK and I feel frustrated that his film don't live up to our SRK fan.

cool1989 and skrogers thank this.
  9. Rishima62

Rishima62 Defying Gravity

No - I am not new - not at all - or do you call over 20 years new? If you like to feel frustrated than do so. I don't - I respect him as a human being and not as I-have-only-to-please-my-fans puppy (which is impossible anyway - to please everybody). And only because I am a European doesn't mean that I am narrow minded to other cultures and movies. I am a movie fans since ever and that is why I know Indian movies for very long - even being a European. And I have another opinion about what "he has to do or not" - who am I to even think about what he "has" to do? How respectless is this?

So - the European I am has maybe another opinon - but I would like to not being labeled here - thank you very much!

skrogers, ashi2, nancy and 1 other person say thanks.
  10. Karan#1

Karan#1 Moody SRK fan

'Career diminishing' is over the top given the fact that he's still, at worst, the 3rd most popular star and will continue getting films (Amitabh Bachchan still is at his age).

But Shah Rukh is a superstar who was made one by the masses and family audiences and his recent films have largely been alienating them so expecting him to do more films that appeal to them is a fair call. His next, directed by Anand L Rai, is one.

cool1989, Becy and skrogers thank this.
  11. Vegainko

Vegainko Well-Known Member

SRK does not owe anything to anyone, but I agree in the last films there is not his strong game - the feeling that he began to count more on promotion than on acting talent. Clubs is a clubs. They are doing him a disservice now. It is possible that SRK should pay more attention to his health (knee) and after that give more of his huge talent to the film, rather than hoping for promotion and to clubs with the first days of box office. ShRK is a very talented actor. I'm sure he can do any role. Even in a bad film with a bad script, he can play a character so that no one will remember the script ...

Kiran01, cool1989 and skrogers thank this.
  12. Alenka

Alenka Well-Known Member

Tatiana, no fan club can make a film box office for the weekend. This is elementary mathematics. Fan clubs simply turn the day of the premiere into a holiday. And the box office in the weekend the film is made by fans and fans who are not in any clubs. For no fan club does not contain several million people.

13. cool1989

cool1989 New Member

people are getting defensive about him , when if you have your eyes open ,you know he's not choosing good scripts ,he even admitted to only working in environement he likes with directors he liked ,and recently he accepted a script while only reading 20 min of the movie , its like what, this here is why his movies are way weaker in second half ,plus not caring for scripts that much (maybe even modifying things if you see what was cut from raees in youtube to make it more accessible to masses and dont give me the director is responsible all his movies before were not that commercial and produtiojn company its srk's company pay attention dude) ,i mean he will become like jhonny depp great talent great prior movies , but he became a joke for many nowadays for his choices ,and i dont want that for srk ,hes above that and i wish he would have some people to read scripts and only give him smart and meanignfull scripts (like aamir have people screening scripts before he reads them) ,and honestly it feels like he is afraid of falling of the race in box office with the big 3 ,more so than giving great movies with social commentary or meanignfull msgs ;and as a fan fo 25 years as of now ,for the first time in a long time ive become afraid of what he is doing next since even with great directors ,since hes not reading and evaluating his stories and screenplays ,your not guaranteed a great movie with only the director touch ,and for all people disagreeing ,its either your actually enjoying his newer movies the same way you were enjoying his earlier movies ,wich is props to you, i cant cause ive watched tons of movies from both sides of the sea and i just cant enjoy his newer stuff cause it is weak ,otherwise people are just getting defensive cause they love him ,and i say thats wrong ,cause criticizing is a higher form of love ,if you dont expect better thing for the people you love its just shallow (im sorry its the truth ) , i hope he starts to pay attention and get too much criticizm that he has to change the way he chooses his projects or i feel he will fade to the backround and become an actor that all his sucesses (great movies not box office wise) are behind him, and i know i'm harsh here but sometimes you just gotta face the facts ,plz srk i want to actually still look forward to your movies and feel like a kid like i used to everytime you released a new movie

skrogers says thanks.
  14. KKhan

KKhan Well-Known Member

stardom is still there mashallah. like karan above said the recent film choices has not been for the family audience (universal appealing) as far as the domestic market is concerned. they have been niche films or films targeting a small section of the audience. to be very honest and frank shahrukh knows what he is doing and needs not take a leaf out of anyone's book. "superstars" or "stars" would not dare do the films shahrukh has done recently he is a risk taker and thats one of many reasons for why i admire him. anand rais film should be for the masses and a universally appealing movie when he does that type of movie that appeals to families in the domestic market many articles like the one above will be invalid.

rollercoast and Alenka thank this.
  15. Vegainko

Vegainko Well-Known Member

Absolutly true! Fan club - is NOT full Audience

skrogers says thanks.
  16. iamsrk

iamsrk I HATE to lose !!

1998 to 2001 was considered as the worst time in his career and people started saying that he is doomed but then Devdas came !! In bollywood its just one film that changes the fate of the next depending how good or bad it went.

And a film is a film. Good films work bad film dont. It all depends how it clicks with the audience.

JHMS was a promotional mistake I would say.

People went to see a different film and the film was different than how it was presented. Look at the example of Tubelight, mighty Salman Khan film bombed .like anything.

IMO he should change his PR manager!!

17. KKhan

KKhan Well-Known Member

not just the pr manager but the promotion team... i dont know what they are doing i feel like red chillies (staff) either take advantage of shahrukhs kind heart and are riding on his money or they are just clueless.

18. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

Yes, I agree that the way it was promoted was all wrong. For those looking for a standard rom-com, which is what the expectation was, it would have been a total disappointment. For someone looking for something deeper, about relationships and personal growth, the marketing would have missed them altogether. Lesser budget, maybe filmed locally rather than abroad, and a different promotion, and it may have been considered a success rather than a failure.

skrogers says thanks.
  19. cool1989

cool1989 New Member

he should change the people that screen his scripts cause no matter how you look at it , the movie is not what he should be doing ,if he was doing 3 movies a year sure, otherwise this is the phase where he should go methodique acting ,and start doing scripts wich focus on actual plots and stories and have deeper meaning and messages ,and actually analyse the problems with society... he does a fan and it didnt work well but that shouldnt be it ,yeah i tried so wait for a period of time(swades.3 years ..chak de..3 years. my name is khan... ) i mean these are the movies he should be aiming for now not hny and chennai ,stuff like raees and dear zindagi makes me think hes changing his ways , but u see an interview and its just beacause he did masala back to back that he's doing different things, and that actually frustrates me ,if pk or haider or udta or dangal, pink .....any one movie given to him would be so much beter with his talent but instead he's wasting it on inferior stuff that wont do him justice and wont compare to the rest of his filmographie ,jhms wasnt bad by any means but for a long wait and his working pace , its not what he should be doing ,and dont plz give me the " dont be assuming what he should and should not do" ,thats just childich , im talking about leaving a legacy and a body of work that earns everybody respect not about his comfort cause we all know how much he works so there no time for rest and comfort so then all that effort going for naught should actually alarm you instead of making you defensive and pretective of him ,he is defenitly not pushing his talent and seems to be sticking to his "i have to be friends with the director and be confortable with the people i work with " and if you closing your mind on new adventures thats just not gonna cut it ,what should matter most is the story and the message not the people doing it