1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

DVD Review (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Movie Reviews - Members' started by sonal, Feb 19, 2008.

1. sonal

sonal SRK's D&G lover!

I had to make a new thread for this. We all know that Om Shanti Om is one of the biggest blockbusters in the industry and...wow what a way to pack the DVD. I just got my copy yesterday and Im still playing around with all of the extras that are in there. Like all of SRK's movies, (and most others Im sure) this one also comes packed with a double dvd set but its in a Box form. Cute, I must say. It had a small booklet inside with some info about the cast and crew and also, an autographed poster. (EARTH is the one that I had, but Im pretty sure that its the same for all of them). I was happy when I saw that poster because out of the 4 that were with the CDs that was the only one that I didnt have.

Feature Film: Ive already given a review on the film and considering I saw it more than 3 times, its gotta be good :D

Bonus Disc: AWESOME!!! Not only does it have the deleted scenes, but bloopers and much more. The bloopers for sure were hilarious to watch especially for Dard E Disco....lets say that absent mindedness runs rampid on the sets...but in a cute way. SRK's facial expressions are hilarious. The MTV show with Cyrus had me laughing for a full 1.5 hrs. I think that was the most funniest show/interview I had ever seen. SRK looked hot as always. I dont think this one was aired on TV either, but dont hold me to that. Great feature and hilarious to watch! I havent seen everything as yet, because they have added the making in general and then the making of the songs...we have all already seen the making of Dard e Disco because it was aired on TV...they also have the book release and music release....along with the London Premiere.. and its always awesome to have Farah's commentary. It also has an OSO trivia game which I havent played as yet...the MTV show had me hooked :D

Great Package and totally worth buying!!! A must have for sure! :thumb:

2. sanjani

sanjani Ullu-Club Member

Thank you! :thumb:
    Makes me mooore wanting it!!! :D ;)
    I think I have to visit ebay... ;)

3. semaay

semaay Senior Member

Thank you so much, sweetie! I still need to order mine, waiting for payment :D.

I do not dare to ask, but do the special features have subtitles as well? Such as deleted scenes, bloopers etc. This is one thing that frustrates me and that makes often buy the German DVD as well.

4. sonal

sonal SRK's D&G lover!

youre welcome Brita :hug:

Yesim: im not sure, but i think theyre subtitled... i worked it on the laptop so i dont know where the subtitle thingie is, but im sure they would be :)

5. MarjorieGK

MarjorieGK Ullu-Club-Member

For the little of what I've seen, the special features are subtitled, even though most of the time the interviewees speak English.

Can you believe my strange luck? My copy of OSO works on every DVD player except for my personal one! Hmm, it means that now my family won't find any excuse and will watch it with me! :becky:

6. sonal

sonal SRK's D&G lover!

how come it doesnt work on your personal one?

7. MaryAnnK

MaryAnnK Well-Known Member

OOOh, oooh. I pre-orded my copy. That means it should be coming soon!!!
    :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:
    I can't wait. The extras are so much fun. It seems to make it more personal as we get inside of the experience of film making.

8. Marieta

Marieta New Member

i am new here. it is really nice your site! i cannot believe! i didn't know anything about shahrukh khan 2 months ago and now i am obsessed about him. since then i have watched at least once, everyday or maybe more at that "kal hoo na ho" and i still want to see it. it is incredible! thank you all for your photos with him. i have thought i am alone but it seems not, it looks like you are the same like me :) . nice to meet all!!!

9. irene

irene Active Member

Hello Marieta, where you from? Welcome to the best place, you will never leave

10. sanjani

sanjani Ullu-Club Member

Hi Marieta and welcome to PlanetSRK! :welcome:

You're not alone... we all are :crazy: about him.... ;) :D:D

11. dilos

dilos Well-Known Member

nice to meet you too Marieta..keep watching..you will have alot..welcome to SRK Planet..we all watch many films again and again and again..

12. MarjorieGK

MarjorieGK Ullu-Club-Member

I don't know really. It works on the old one I gave to my nephew, and on my parents' DVD player, but not on mine. There are two explanations: either my laser is dirty and requires some cleaning, or my DVD is very sensitive. I asked a person who knows something about the technology of making DVDs and he said that it could be a problem of layers on the DVD. Sometimes the layers are not "placed/spread" evenly, or they are too thick and the laser can't read them properly. Maybe he's right. :confused2:

13. Mazz

Mazz New Member

Got my DVD on Friday and was finally able to watch OSO.

I have to say I loved the film, although it didn't grab me as much as I was expecting. I'll probably get shot down in flames for saying this, but I felt SRK was overacting a little too much in the first half, and in the second half he was just being himself to such an extent that at times I found it hard to remember he was playing a character.

However, he still looked gorgeous, and it is the type of film that I know I will watch over and over and get loads from (and what a good excuse to do so!).

I loved all the songs and their arrangements, especially the OSO take off of Phantom of the Opera - which for me was just WOW (Am I the only one who though SRK looked delicious in that pale blue silk coat? On the commentary Farah said she wanted him to look a bit like romantic hero Heathcliff - he can sweep me off my feet and carry me off to the moors anyday :) )

Anyway, overall score for me would be a 4/5, and by the way for the first time ever (that I am aware of anyway) the entire Bonus disc has been done with subtitles - YEEEAAAAAHHHH!!!!! :thumb: It's about time the distributors realised we don't all speak Hindi out here!

Sorry it's a bit long, love to all

Mazz

14. MaryAnnK

I got my DVD yesterday and watched the movie last night. This morning I am watching the extras and absolutely loving it. I am so happy they put subtitles with the extras. I am picking up Hindi little by little, but this makes it so much more enjoyable. I love the humor. I love Shah Ruhk saying, "I hope the film puts a smile on their faces." He is so sweet. :heart::heart::heart: Okay, I have to get back to watching the extras. Happys endings!

15. Lia

Lia Well-Known Member

I got my DVD 2 days ago. I love the box, and of course the sig poster.
    I've watched The DVD Bonus, and wow.... blooper, the making, interviews. I love them.
    and what made me so happy is, there's subtitle !! I don't understand hindi at all and can't understand what Shahrukh said if there's no subtitle.

16. Bridget

Bridget Well-Known Member

I noticed this thread came up today and just yesterday I finally got a replacement DVD for the defective one Eros sent me back in Feb. It only took 3 increasingly angry messages from me on their web site until finally 2 weeks ago I got an email from a real person at Eros who admitted they had been having some major quality control problems with OSO DVD's and that they would send me one that actually played normally. So yesterday I watched the whole movie from start to finish and I could also hear the director's commentary which was interesting in parts. I liked how she spoke of how very nervous & shaky young female dancers get when they are paired with SRK for a shot or two and how he has to calm them down as they get so excited about being touched by him.:)

The bonus disc was always okay so I've seen that one a bunch of times. I myself really enjoyed the film even though I don't get many of the in-jokes that Indian fans would...I've written about it on another thread here. The film gets a 10 from me and Eros gets a 3. (also for there constant --out of stock on SRK movies that we have listed for sale but we'll hold you money for months--run around).[​IMG]

17. MaryAnnK

Hi, Bridgett. I didn't realize they were having so many problems with that DVD. I cannot watch mine on the DVD player in my bedroom; it is a Sony too. It will play on the unit in the living room. I will live with this though. I am also frustrated with Eros because their movies are never in stock. I have had quite a few not come through even though they are advertising them.