1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Don - Subtle hints and details *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'Don the Chase Begins Again' started by ~(Baadshah)~, Jun 30, 2011.

1. ~(Baadshah)~

~(Baadshah)~ ♥ Μý ηαmε ιs κhαη ♥

Since we're all waiting for Don 2, here's a warm up thread.

Which are the subtle clues/links which gives you the hint about the twist in the climax that you only noticed after multiple viewings?

Here are a few from me:
    • Vijay's accent was so fluent, to the extent that it was highly improbable for an illeterate like him to have such an accent even after years of training
    • Vijay fails to recognize Dipu when he meets for the first time at the school
    • Vijay's suddenly a pro in action sequences without any significant training
    PS: I'm so damn pissed off at the retarded critics who totally missed the point of the movie. Farhan was paying homage to the old don, he merely viewed the story from another angle - which gave it a whole new perspective and made much more sense than the old don (though we all love the old don because of Amitabh himself).

So back to the topic, any more clues?

darina4srk and MaryAnnK thank this.
  2. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

from the first Don right?

well in the first viewing i noticed it :D
    that scene where 'Vijay' gets brought back to thier place & narang tries to remind him about thier businesses & he pretends his head is hurting, anita takes him to the room, gives him water & is about to leave but then he holds her back and smiles

then after seeing that scene where she gets called on her pink motorola phone ( :pound: ) & she says 'dont worry sweetheart, today is Vijay's last day'

i just guessed that he had told her everything in that first scene & so she was helping him throughout & that phone call was made to get thier escape plan into action, like at the end it was her who was driving the ambulance away.

plus everything you mentioned.

also just before the scene where he was fighting with vardhan at then end, he said a sarcastic line which Don tends to do :D
    which by the way i love :faint:

& of course if by then no one got it then they should have when he whispered Jungli Billi in roma's ear :p

i dont care about critics. they s*ck :lol:

3. Missutube

Missutube Bright as a full moon

+ when Vijay called DCP D'Silva to tell him that he knew everything about Don ,there is a TV showing Tom & Jerry behind him :D

darina4srk, MaryAnnK and SRKdream thank this.
  4. ~(Baadshah)~

@shublee, yeah those are true, but many of them aren't that 'subtle' so to say, but makes sense in the second viewing. Wow and you guessed it before the climax? :eek:

@Missutube: Excellent, I totally forgot that! That's what I'm talking about. God, Farhan is such a legend.

5. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

not exactly guessed, i jut felt it :p or maybe its the same thing :lol:
    when i watched that first scene i described i started thinking it & the more i was watching go by the more i was sure of it. then that phone call scene kinda confirmed it :p

6. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

this is a great one, i never realised that actually :lol:

7. jg2k

jg2k The.One

Hey, thanks everyone - wonder why no critic ever talked about all these cleverly cut out scenes... I guess Farhan purposely turned all the weaknesses of the earlier Don to plus-points to welcome the climax of the new Don!

8. danshula

danshula Well-Known Member

Clever, Clever, Clever! Never thought about these but the tom & jerry scene - When I watched few times already, I caught that part but never knew about the others! Must say Farhan was building this up quite well.
    Well, Critics are Critics, they were so involved in seeing what they have done bad as its a remake that they forgot to see what's good in the film.

9. sonataca

sonataca SRK's Mommy

OMG, you guys are so clever! i actually took a long time to understand all the "what? why? how come?" of this movie and which is why it's my one of favorite movies of all time!

Well, I should give credit to Farhan too, the man is just f-in smart! I have never seen a movie like Don before.

10. ~(Baadshah)~

*Bump*
    Today I noticed another obvious clue that I missed. When Roma tries to kill Don and Don knocked her over after the fight, he says "Now listen the truth..." while DCP Desilva interrupts him. The mannerisms of Don were such a giveaway. Now it seems all too obvious :)

Another dialogue, Don to Deepu - "What to say Deepu, your Vijay chacha had to change!" with an evil glare!

Also, Don asks the police "Please give your guns" in the helicopter (Don hates that no one says please)

So awesome.

SRKdream, darina4srk and Missutube thank this.
  11. danshula

oh! and the way Vijay speaks when Jasjit gave him the CD and told him that DCP D'silva is actually Vardhaan.
    Vijay (who was actually Don) his voice was the way Don speaks.

Farhan, You Rock Man!

Missutube says thanks.
  12. ~(Baadshah)~

Yep! It's all so obvious, but yet all hard to notice, takes a pure genius to make it.

I haven't seen any director make use of SRK so well as Farhan! Still some think that the movie sucked. Meh.

13. Missutube

Missutube Bright as a full moon

yup , coz he couldnt control his anger so his real voice & his way appeared as don

14. danshula

So true! Farhan used him really well. I liked Don 1 wonder why some thought it sucked, anyways, moving on we have all new chapter to this with Don 2, quite excited for it! 162 days to go! :D
    YES! :D

15. danshula

tumblr_log629QsUG1qjes26o1_500.png
    Notice the painting in the background? That’s Edvard Munch’s “The Scream”, which in reality was stolen from the Munch Museum in 2004. Nice touch, Farhan.
    (via http://bit.ly/p7JHfk )
    ---------------------------------
    Another proof of Farhan's great vision! :)

SRKdream says thanks.
  16. MeryamaSRK

MeryamaSRK DON-ish

Lol I sooo knew this was the one you were gonna post...Nice touch indeed!

17. danshula

:D :D :D :D :D

18. frenchfan

frenchfan mornings best dealt with dark as nite coffee.

there was an obvious clue too when "Vijay" and Roma are hiding in the Indian party, when the guys offer a betel to Vijay (who is fond of it!) he refuses saying that DON never likes it !
    it was at this moment that I felt He was not dead :madgrin:

19. frenchfan

frenchfan mornings best dealt with dark as nite coffee.

plus when he puts the gun into the mouth of Jasjit's friend, he has a sarcastic line and such "Donish" mannierism :becky:

20. Pompula

Pompula Shahrukh Fan-Girl

Yeah, I remember noticing the painting and thinking that it's just brilliant... Of course the painting had actually been discovered by the time the film released (fortunately). Still a really nice touch! :thumb: