1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Don 2 succeeds where others have failed

Discussion in 'Don 2' started by Karan#1, Apr 29, 2012.

1. Karan#1

Karan#1 Well-Known Member

Just wanted to say it speaks a lot on how good don 2 was and more so of Shah Rukh Khan's star power that don 2 managed to make 110 crores in India and 58 crores overseas where as other slick big budget action films (not the bodyguard, singham or ready type) have bombed at the box office
    • Agent vinod was a disaster at the box office, it could only make 45 crores in India and 12 crores overseas.
    • Players could only make 31 crores in India and 5 crores overseas. It was also a flop
    • Tezz which released this Friday had a miserable opening of only 4 crores (even less than players) and didn't show any improvement on Saturday. The film is heading towards being a box office disaster. For a film released on a large 2000 screens and with a huge cast it's just terrible.
    The fact is more western feel and slick films have lesser chance at the box office and lesser mass appeal since they appeal mainly to the multiplex audience. I mean Ajay Devgan's singham which was an all round typical bollywood entertainer does 100 crores but now he releases Tezz and it's heading towards a disaster and Akshay Kumar's Desi Boyz could only manage 40 crores but his housefull 2 (another typical bollywood film) does over 100 crores. And lets not even mention Salman Khan who can't even get a hit if the film isn't a mindless action film.

This just puts into perspective Shah Rukh's ability to succeed with all types of films and also how good Don 2 was.

So a big applaud to Don 2.

HALA*SRK, iamsrking, MaryAnnK and 2 others thanked this.
  2. LizzyluvSrk

LizzyluvSrk Active Member

That's so much true. I even noticed it recently taking from Ajay's as example & how big slick film with hollywood feel are just floping, an exception from Don though.

3. MaryAnnK

MaryAnnK Well-Known Member

And I managed to pull in a few more people to watch SRK with Don 2. !!!!!

4. marito

marito New Member

SRK the best