1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Don 2 music soundtrack list

Discussion in 'Don2 Music' started by Cila, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Cila

Cila Well-Known Member

2. sami16

sami16 a fan not a fanboy

this looks fake!

3. ~(Baadshah)~

~(Baadshah)~ ♥ Μý ηαmε ιs κhαη ♥

CD cover looks fake, but tracklist is more or less original.

4. ~(Baadshah)~

Peeps, original tracklist, 100% confirmed:)

01 - Shah Rukh Khan - Aa Raha Hoon Palat Ke
    02 - Anusha Mani & Vishal Dadlani - Zaraa Dil Ko Thaam Lo
    03 - Usha Uthup - Hai Ye Maya
    04 - Sunitha Sarathy & Shankar Mahadevan - Dushman Mera
    05 - Sunitha Sarathy - The King Is Back (Theme)
    06 - KK - Mujhko Pehchaanlo
    07 - Usha Uthup - Hai Ye Maya (Remix)
    08 - KK - Mujhko Pehchaanlo (Remix)
    09 - Caralisa Monteiro - The 'Don' Waltz

5. DSaif

DSaif Saif

Cila, I need to talk to you. How can I contact you?

6. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

He's singing a track??? Great!!!! :bounce:
    Or is that dialogue - also great! :D

7. sami16

sami16 a fan not a fanboy

Mini review, just heard all the songs

1. Not a song but the dialogue featured in the teaser trailer...apparently this is the "title track". I suppose it's different

2. Good song, upbeat and Vishal Dadlani has that edginess in his voice to sing for a Don. Best of the album by far.

3. LOL, possibly one of the worst I have listened to, no direction...pretty poor

4. Much better, its a 70's style song like Raftaarein and it rocks, quite a few themes (e.g the original Don theme are part of the score)

5. A theme song with a few words which is a rehashment of many of the Don themes from the original and remake with quite a few guitar motifs added in. nice.

6. A rehashment of the Main Hoon Don song, Shaan sung it better imo but this one has more of an edginess in its theme.

7. Remix of an already bad song....recipe for disaster, 'nuff said

8. Remix is okay, run of the mill stuff

9. A theme song for a waltz (european evening dance), is haunting and again some of the original Don themes are adapted into the score. Nice

Final say: Don't think anyone was expecting much from the Don 2 music, emphasis is more on the film...given that this album is not half bad, there is however the lack of a real chartbuster. 3.5/5.

MaryAnnK says thanks.
  8. SWEET

SWEET ♥Panorama♥

sooo disponted in the song i thought at less one song will mach for khaike paan banaraswala or Maurya re now that make me miss Vijay ;)

9. mumbiene

mumbiene Well-Known Member

10. Cila

Cila Well-Known Member

You can send me a PM.

As for the soundtrack - I don't like it in general. My fav tracks are Zaraa Dil Ko Tham Lo and Dushman Mera. Hai Ye Maya is quite nice to listen too.
    But I hope the movie is good.:)

And I miss the playback singers...Where's Sonu or Udit?:(

11. ~(Baadshah)~

I don't see how they could sneak in Khaike/Maurya kinda song here. That was there in first place for Vijay. I'd say it's kind of odd to miss out on those, but I'll have to give it repeated hearings.

As for now, Hai Yeh Maya, Dushman Mera, The King is Back and Zaraa Dil Ko are good. KK's version is TERRIBLE except for the initial bit of instrumentation, which I really loved.

Overall I'd say 3.5/5 now, hopefully they'll grow on me.

12. ~(Baadshah)~

By the way why the heck did Farhan insist on rehashing the songs? I don't think it's such a great idea.

13. Debbie

Debbie Stand By Him

14. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

listened to them all. only liked Mujhko Pechaanlo, Zara Dil Ko Thaam Lo & the dialogue in SRK's voice :love:

rest are....:confused:

lets hope SEL arent used for Don 3 if its ever made :p

15. Vegainko

Vegainko Well-Known Member

I liked the whole album. Remixes are everywhere. In all the albums! And in the Western and European! There are good remixes. They are pleasant to listen to!
    Rehash of songs from the original Don1. I am glad that he has an album! I was waiting for him!
    Actually the whole album - very good!
    My rating - 5!

16. DSaif

DSaif Saif

Sorry, PM not going

17. luxia

luxia I'm demented...

I'm surprised by the negative reactions. I think the soundtrack is very fitting with the style of the movie they want to achieve - it's modern, edgy and has a sort of hypnotizing quality that I associate with Don.
    Hai Ye Maya is great in a haunting sort of a way. It's great to hear the echos of the first movie's music but revamped just like Don had been revamped and modernized.

Wafa says thanks.
  18. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

I agree Luxia. Its going to work perfectly well with the movie.
    Good to hear some of the old Don themes worked in there too. :D

And I just love Zaara Dil Ko - works its way into your mind and won't let go!

19. ~(Baadshah)~

It's the sort of soundtrack that works perfectly well with the movie - just see the promos, it fits well in! The Shaan version stood out like a sore thumb in Don I sounding way too sweet for Don, though it was a big hit as a standalone track.

20. Karan#1

Karan#1 Well-Known Member

Listened through all the songs, they really do grow on you the more you listen because you just get into the don mood after sometime. Hai ye maya was my only problem, it was catchy towards the start and end but lacked around the middle especially with few lyrics but it's a song that will have a great impact onscreen when the background score plays while don goes about doing his business (hopefully riding the bike). Dushman mera was catchy with the background score and loved the manly voice but although the background score is good it is a bit too joyous and happy for a villain like don. Hai ye maya remix and the king is back are my top two songs.

This don 2 album definitely oozes this class and slick style that isn't seen in bollywood, different but awesome.