1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

DMG to screen in Poland Bollywood Film Festival

Discussion in 'Dulha Mil Gaya' started by Bridget, Mar 21, 2010.

1. Bridget

Bridget Well-Known Member

Seems like a direct contradiction to say this festival will be screening Dulha Mil Gaya and then next saying there will be no film with SRK in it:crazy:

Bollywood Film festival in Poland
    Submitted by NewsDesk on 22 March 2010 - 1:33am

The 3rd edition of the Bollywood Film festival will be held in Poland from March 22-28. Eight Hindi films will be screened in twelve theatres across the country under the common slogan ‘Discover the true taste of India’. The films which will be screened in the festival are Videsh, Blue, Jannat, Amal, Dulha Mil Gaya, Love Tandoori, Singh is King and Laga Chunari Mein Daag.

There will be no films of Shahrukh Khan in the festival this year who has a huge fan following in Poland. According to IANS, "To have a film festival in Poland without Shah Rukh Khan's movie is like playing Hamlet without King of Denmark. Shah Rukh's popularity in Poland is amazing and every Bollywood buff knows him. His biography has been translated into Polish," said J.J. Singh, president of Indo-Polish Chamber of Commerce and Industry (IPCCI).
    The festival is being organised by EPLPOL, a prominent distributor of Hindi films, along with Multikino, a chain of multiplexes in Poland.

http://dearcinema.com/news/3rd-edition-bollywood-film-festival-poland

2. Ladyinred

Ladyinred Well-Known Member

But "DMG" is not "regular" SRK movie and i'm happy they don't write it's SRK movie. :)

Special show of "MNIK" was announced to show on the festival but some innacuracies come in and there won't be "MNIK". :(

A little more information is below:
    http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal...-bollywood-film-fest-in-poland_100337461.html
    I like this phrase: To have a film festival in Poland without Shah Rukh Khan’s movie is like playing Hamlet without King of Denmark. :D

3. luxia

luxia I'm demented...

How can you "Discover the true taste of India" without a Shah Rukh Khan movie? :suspicious:

4. Ladyinred

We're discovering it for a few years with SRK movies like "KANK", "Don", Om Shanti Om", "Rab Ne..." and others on na big screen. :) And "MNIK" will be screened in our movie theaters in April, so I'm not complaining. :)

But I've totally lost my interest in mentioned festival. :)

5. luxia

luxia I'm demented...

I'm sure many people had a similar reaction to yours. Bold...or should that be stupid?.... move by the organizers. They could have shown an older movie....'Devdas' for example, that would look great on the big screen :D

6. Pompula

Pompula Shahrukh Fan-Girl

Well, at least they are not claiming that DMG is an SRK film...

7. sonataca

sonataca SRK's Mommy

BLUE???? SINGH IN KING???? WTF??? That is not taste of India...it's taste of gargage in India.

8. sheruka

sheruka SRK forever

hahaha good luck:p

9. Ladyinred

Yeah, I'm so happy with that. :)

I think they're different movies on the festival - for audience who likes pure entertainment and for those, who like more "serious" movies.
    "Blue" is typical entertainer, not very good, but watchable (especially on a big screen), with beautiful cinematography. Many people like movies like this, Indian or American productions - nevermind. :)
    "Videsh" and "Amal" seem to have an interesting topic. And Preity Zinta and Naseeruddin Shah are good actors.

Of course I'd prefer "Kurbaan" or "Wake Up Sid", if it possible. But... Indian movies are very rare on Polish screens, unfortunately. :(

I'm waiting impatiently for April and "MNIK" premiere. :)

10. bonita

bonita Shahrukh-My LOVE

what are those films...? Are those films...?:tsk: