1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Dilwale

Discussion in 'Movies A-G' started by Mara, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

i can't believe i only now read it's confirmed!!!! as much as i dislike Shetty;s films, i really have high hopes for this one! first of all, Kajol, yey! second ...Johnny Lever! :love: i'm a big fan of his

Mara says thanks.
  2. Karan#1

Karan#1 Well-Known Member

I'm not 100% sure it's confirmed. I mean there's a chance those quotes from Rohit Shetty about the cast and release date could be made up...you never know with the Indian media.

3. Alenka

Alenka Well-Known Member

Kajol has confirmed its participation in the video, so it's true)

4. Karan#1

Could you send me a link to that video? Thanks

5. tasifa

tasifa which means Blue Eyes in Thai.

Mara, Karan#1 and Dea thank this.
  6. tasifa

Varun Dhawan to start shooting for Shah Rukh Khan-Kajol starrer Dilwale from tomorrow!
    [​IMG] Thu, March 19, 2015 6:44pm IST by Namrata Thakker

[​IMG]
    Yogen Shah
    Yes, the much-awaited Rohit Shetty film is finally going on floors…

Shah Rukh Khan, Kajol, Varun Dhawan and Kriti Sanon will be seen sharing screen space in Rohit Shetty’s next directorial venture Dilwale. While King Khan is currently busy shooting for his Fan in Croatia, Jr Dhawan who is basking in the glory of his last release Badlapur will start filming for Shetty’s film from tomorrow. How do we know, you ask? Well, the B-town hunk wrote on the popular social networking site Twitter a while back, “A new journey a new film begins tomorrow the biggest Film Iv ever been part of. #Dilwale.”

Dilwale, which is slated to hit the screens during Christmas this year, is being touted as one of most awaited releases of this year. Considering Rohit has pulled off a casting coup of sorts being signing SRK and Kajol, we aren’t surprised that there is already a lot buzz around the project. To top it, Varun will be seen romancing Heropanti actress for the very first time which is another reason why everyone, including me, is looking forward to this film.

While I am eagerly waiting for Rohit Shetty’s Christmas offering, for now, here’s wishing Varun all the best for his BIG film!

http://www.bollywoodlife.com/news-g...eed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=bollywood

Mara and Dea thank this.
  7. tasifa

Christmas is the right time for a festive film like Dilwale”

by Vajir Singh (March 21, 2015)
    [​IMG]

Mr Blockbuster Rohit Shetty started shooting his next mega-ambitious venture, Dilwale featuring Shah Rukh Khan, Kajol, Varun Dhawan and Kriti Sanon in the lead, yesterday. Here’s the director with the Midas touch in conversation with Vajir Singh

What was the first day of the shoot like?

As usual… normal. It is my 11th film and I am working with Varun (Dhawan) for the first time, so they (the entire unit) are very excited. They are asking me so many questions and you can see that energy in them. Also, I am working with Sanjay Mishra and Johnny bhai (Lever) again, after Golmaal 3. So it was a reunion of sorts for all the seniors and an adventure for the new guys, mainly Varun (Dhawan) and Varun Sharma. It was nice, just like it has always been for us for so many years.

Varun (Dhawan) is known for his energy and so are you. Did you guys have any fun?

Varun is from the film fraternity and I feel that believing in this kind of cinema is the most important thing. He has tremendous energy and it is infectious, so you get charged up working with youngsters. They have so much energy and they are also very committed to their work. So it’s exciting to work with them.

What do you mean when by ‘this kind of cinema’?

I mean commercial cinema. When you are working in a hardcore commercial film, you must have faith in it, conviction, a belief that this is a world you are creating for the audience. There is a huge audience that loves films like these. That’s the cinema I am talking about.

This is the first time you have had such a long gap between your last release and going on the floors with your next film. Why was that?

No, we were ready. In mid-August last year, we released Singham Returns, and I was busy with my TV show, Khatron Ke Khiladi, in November and December. In January, when I came back, I needed two months for prep since I had been away for the TV show.

Let me ask a cliché… How different is this film compared to previous Rohit Shetty blockbusters?

(Laughs) Not different. It’s bigger and better and something I have not done earlier. I don’t want to use a cliché and say that this is ‘new’. My audience will enjoy it more than Chennai Express or any of the Singhams and Golmaals. That’s what we are aiming for, that’s what we will work for.

Kids just love your films. What can they expect from this one?

Hmm…Kids! It has become a joke now. If you want to sound intelligent, you say, ‘We will not be blowing up Scorpios (car).’ I have an audience, I do all the car chases and I have the humour quotient and the action quotient. And, believe me, kids love it. That’s why, there is no bloodshed in my films, no vulgarity, and no double entendre because we have an audience that does not like that kind of cinema, they are not comfortable watching that kind of cinema with their families. So that’s why my main audience is kids and the family audience. There are lots of cars… we have modified lots of cars, just not for blowing up; we have got two to three companies to modify those cars so that the kids get even more excited to watch this.

Why is the film titled Dilwale?

This film is not only about action or comedy; there is a strong love story in the film and obviously when you have Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol together, you need a strong love story. This is surrounded by all the other elements of a typical Rohit Shetty and his team film.

You have known Kajol for a very long time but this is the first time you are directing her.

I think it will be a little awkward because I have worked with her as an assistant. We are like family since we have known each other for so long. For the first day, I think it will be a little awkward but I am also very excited because of the kind of character we have written… I am very excited to shoot and show people what we have done.

What was it like when you approached her for the movie?

I was a little awkward and I told my writers to narrate the story to her while I was silent. When they finished, I spoke to her. I even told her I didn’t know why I was feeling awkward doing the film with her and that she was the last person about whom I should feel this way. Yet, I said, it was very awkward narrating a script to her and doing a film with her. But, I added, it was a dream come true. When you have actors like Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol and a producer like Red Chillies, what else could a director ask for?

Why a Christmas release?

It’s a holiday film, it is a family film and I think it’s the right time for a film like Dilwale. It is a celebration, it’s a festive film. When the promo releases… it is too early to talk about the promos but when it does release, you will realise why it is a festive film. It is a film which the entire family would go and watch together, including kids. So I think Christmas is the right time for a film like this.

You will be shooting overseas after a very long time.

My ADs are very happy! My whole team and my unit are very happy that we will all be going abroad for a long schedule, not a small one. For me, it is a requirement of the script and that’s why I am going.

Which countries you are planning to shoot in?

We are planning to shoot in Cape Town, Abu Dhabi and Mauritius but only after I complete the Goa schedule. There is a lot of action in this film and there are four big action sequences overseas. I want to do it in Cape Town because I am familiar with the team there due to the Fear Factor shoots. I have also shot Khatron Ke Khiladi there. So I am familiar with Cape Town. At present, everything is in the planning stage but we are likely to shoot in Cape Town.

Will we get to see a new kind of action from you this time?

I wouldn’t say ‘new’ because it sounds very clichéd and arrogant to say that I am going to present something new. But, yes, it will be a little different from what I have done earlier. That is what the script requires. That is the kind of styling this film requires. So I wouldn’t say the action is new but there will be some sequences I have not done earlier.

It is a big responsibility because you are bringing Kajol and Shah Rukh Khan back together on the big screen. How are you coping?

I am working hard; that’s all I can do. I will give 10,000 per cent and my whole team is charged up. They are working round the clock. They are working on the look, on the script and everything else because at the end of the day, after eight or nine blockbusters… I don’t know I have lost the count… I cannot take my audience for granted. I consider myself lucky to have Shah Rukh and Kajol in my film. So all I can do is work really hand and leave the rest to the audience.

http://www.boxofficeindia.co.in/christmas-is-the-right-time-for-a-festive-film-like-dilwale/2/

8. tasifa

RohitShetty signing autographs for underprivileged kids, #Dilwale sets!!

CAtiCXPUYAANLYG.jpg

9. Mara

Mara Well-Known Member

I am so glad to see that Sanjay Mishra will be in “Dilwale”. I hope he has a role worthy of his ability. He was wonderful in “Ankhon Dekhi” -one of the best small movies last year. He fully deserved his Filmfare award for Best Actor (Critics). Wikipedia says he made his film debut in “Oh Darling! Yeh Hai India” as a harmonium player. Wikipedia says he was also in “Dil Se” as a terrorist and “Phir Bhi Dil Hai Hindustani” as part of a bomb squad. I don't remember his characters, which perhaps means he played the part so well as to disappear into the role. Or I'm really forgetful of everyone else when Shah Rukh is in a scene. It’s a good excuse to watch the movies again.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanjay_Mishra_(actor)

10. tasifa

CAxRGe4UUAAs4_H.jpg

Mara says thanks.
  11. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

remember Superwoman, the one that went to Suhana at Mannatlast year? well she's back in India and she just posted this, on the sets of Dilwale :heart:

Mara says thanks.
  12. anesya

anesya Guest

she is going places. but mostly bollywood ^^
    the set looks really huge filmy and colourful. for sure something for a song.

Mara and Dea thank this.
  13. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

[​IMG]

Mara says thanks.
  14. tasifa

4 Action scenes for Shah Rukh Khan-Kajol’s Dilwale in Cape Town!
    [​IMG] Fri, March 27, 2015 9:37am IST by DNA

[​IMG]
    Like Rohit Shetty’s other films, Dilwale too will have some high octane action sequences
    Rohit Shetty might have started shooting for his upcoming Christmas release Dilwale in Mumbai, but soon he’s flying abroad. “Rohit and the Dilwale team will be camping in Cape Town for their next schedule,” a source close to the director confirmed. Like his other films, Dilwale too will have some hi-fi action scenes — four of which will be shot in Cape Town itself.

Rohit, in a recent interview, also confirmed the development. “There is a lot of action in this film and there are four big action sequences overseas. I want to do it in Cape Town because I am familiar with the team there due to the Khatron Ke Khiladi shoots. At present, everything is in the planning stage but we are likely to shoot in Cape Town.”

Shah Rukh, in a previous interview with us, had also informed that Dilwale will have some never-seen-before action sequences, which is way beyond his own imagination. But the Cape Town schedule is not taking off immediately, the director is quoted to have said. “We are planning to shoot in Cape Town, Abu Dhabi and Mauritius, but only after I complete the Goa schedule. My whole team and my unit are very happy that we will be going abroad for a long schedule, not a small one. For me, it is a requirement of the script,” Rohit said.

Dilwale, which stars Shah Rukh Khan, Kajol, Varun Dhawan and Kriti Sanon will hit the theatres during Christmas this year.

http://www.bollywoodlife.com/news-g...r-shah-rukh-khan-kajols-dilwale-in-cape-town/

Alenka says thanks.
  15. tasifa

Kajol and SRK will start shooting for Dilwale in June

April 1, 2015 Rachna Srivastava

[​IMG]

The sizzling Jodi of Bollywood all completely adore, Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol, will be seen together yet again in Rohit Shetty’s Dilwale. The two will be re-united on screen post “My Name is Khan” and will start shooting for Dilwale in June.

Why June, you may ask? It is because right now SRK is busy winding up Fan & Raees and so Kajol would start shooting with him in June. In the meantime, the lady is fulfilling her brand endorsements. She is working round the clock, as for the movie film she would be required to film for around six months. So Kajol is trying to keep a clear calendar for her film’s shoot!

Whenever Kajol and SRK unite on screen it is sheer magic! So when Rohit Shetty announced that in his multi-starrer-big-budgeted flick, SRK and Kajol will be paired opposite each other that notched up hopes in their fans!

http://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainmenttags/kajol/kajol-and-srk-will-start-shooting-dilwale-june

Mara says thanks.
  16. tasifa

Dilwale's first schedule to wrap up by April 15

[​IMG]

One of the most anticipated films of the year, Dilwale has already begun shooting from March 19. While actors Varun Dhawan, Kriti Sanon and Varun Sharma are busy shooting in Goa, it has been reported that SRK and Kajol will only join them in July.

We are now also informed that this first schedule will end on April 15. As a close source mentioned, "The first schedule will get over by 15th of April, after which the actors will head off for a break.”

The film, directed by Rohit Shetty, will release during Christmas time this year.

http://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainmenttags/rohit-shetty/dilwales-first-schedule-wrap-april-15

Mara says thanks.
  17. dev22

dev22 New Member

Waiting to watch this movie.

18. Rishima62

Rishima62 Defying Gravity

I hope it doesn't mean Shah Rukh doen't have a main role in the movie :eek: .... but on the other hand rumors are nothing else but rumors right? :rolleyes:

19. Karan#1

Were there rumors saying SRK doesn't have a main role?

20. Rishima62

Rishima62 Defying Gravity

yes - ppl were asking him in the Q&A (if it is true that his appearance will be only 20-30 minutes long) or actually - I think it was only one person. Never mind ... rumors and we'll have to wait and see.