1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Devdas -- the Movie

Discussion in 'Devdas' started by Meghna04, Jan 24, 2006.

1. ecko

ecko New Member

She's a lousy actress, she's totally fake but you have to give it to her she IS a looker! SLB was smart enough to cut her lines to a minimum, so the cringe factor is reduced, whenever she opens her mouth it is, I agree, almost unbearable. :doh: Yet I find that I can easily forget her to concentrate on the rest of the film and on the brilliant performance put in by SRK.:nod:

2. Marvin

Marvin New Member

AW: Devdas -- the Movie

Devdas is one of the best SRK movies ever. I saw the Dilip Kumar-Devdas too, but sorry, there is no comparison. SRK acted far and away better. Its one of his best performances.

3. Mia

Mia New Member

Re: AW: Devdas -- the Movie

I totally agree with you. He acted great in Devdas :heart: :heart: :heart:

4. haseena

haseena Tere Liye

Devdas...what can one say about it...it is a pure Classic...one of ShahRukh Khan's best movies. I have watched the movie many times...and every time i watch it i cry more than i did previously....there are no flaws in the movie...everything is Perfect..performance, music, story....everything...but the ending is unbearable....i hated Aish for being so stubborn on her wedding day and not going away with SRK :(
    But at the End I :heart: this movie.

5. kakato02

kakato02 Srkajol No.1

I also am going to agree with Luxia this should've been my favourite movie but it isn't simply for the fact I didn't like Aish as Paro.. I wish that either Madhuri or Kajol did Paro's role.. But Shahrukh was simply brilliant!!.. his performance was breath-taking..

6. nainital

nainital New Member

DEVDAS is a milestone in Shahrukh's career - he's soooo brilliant in it. I just wish, the film itself had moved me more, but SLB tends to get carried away with "too much direction, too much set, too many cuts, too many gimmicks" (thought the same in BLACK - but Rani Mukerji saved the day).
    I hope, Shahrukh gets another role of that sort - he's simply brilliant and he keeps growing as an actor. I can watch HIS scenes as Devdas again and again (... and he makes a pretty good drunk! ... did some practice, did he? *gg*)

7. Mazerq_j

Mazerq_j Well-Known Member

Devdas is one of my fav films....so great that i've watched it for trillion times :p i watched it again yesterday & everytime i watched it i'm still amazed on the performances, the technical aspects, the movement of the cameras, the sets etc

for me shah rukh is very diff as devdas...his act is the act of devdas, his voice is the voice of devdas (u'll not hear that voice anymore in any films)....he is completely devdas.

i think ash is also great as paro, but she's a little fake in some scenes. and madhuri is brilliant. the dances were sooooo beautifully crafted

above all shah rukh is the greatest in devdas
    i can still feel the pain

8. Gulya

Gulya SRK lover

i really love dis movie but i don't like the end of the movie..it was so saddd[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. sanjani

sanjani Ullu-Club Member

His acting is so intense that I feel his pain in my heart and body and soul.... :Cry:

10. MaryAnnK

MaryAnnK Well-Known Member

I was feeling a little blue this morning, so I put in my Devdas DVD and bawled my eyes out!! :sad: :sad: :sad: I love this movie. It kills me to see Devdas so inwardly conflicted as he struggles. He just never knew who he was or how to take control of his own feelings or life. Shah Rukh carries the character so well. You just feel for Dev as he struggles.

If Shah Rukh does only one movie a year, we are blessed. How blessed were we this year with two winners? Here is to a very successful New Year to Shah Rukh Khan.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

11. SRKiller

SRKiller SRK meri jaan

The one of the best movies EVER....it's a LEGEND!!!SRK and Aish are beautifull Jodi....but Madhuri was also brilliant!!!

12. loulou1998

loulou1998 New Member

I wanted to speak about this film but I do not have find words for describe to what extent it is nice , it's realy a "chef d'oeuvre"

[​IMG]

13. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

well, i just saw it, and dunno, it's...just sad! i mean... i kinda hate impossible love stories
    of course SRK was brilliant :heart: so, it was worth it

14. Pompula

Pompula Shahrukh Fan-Girl

This film is amazing! I didn't care for it so much the first time I saw it, but every time I see it again, it makes a greater impact on me then the previos time. Shahrukh's performance was so powerful, there doesn't exist words to praise him enough. His intensity is so real. In this film He IS Devdas. Madhuri is wonderful as Chandramukhi and even Aish gives a decent performance as Paro.

When I first saw the film I was too much distracted by the lavish sets, I had difficulties relationg to the story and the characters. I think it would have stayed that way if Devdas was played by any other actor, but Shahrukh has the talent, the brilliance and the intensity to bring out an awesome performance that stands out even in those surroundings. Don't get me wrong, I like the sets they are very beautiful and impressive, but SLB took a risk also with them, because they really can hide the actors.

This film has so many powerfule scenes, some of my absolute favourites are the scene where Devdas says what fool drinks to stay in their senses then he brakes the bottles and walks out on the glass followed by the I object scene (actually it's part of the same scene), then the scene where he makes his own las rites, WAH! The scene where he has gone back to the family house and burns down the couch because the sister-inälaw doesn't give him the key and in that scene there is also the famous dialougue how some day He will tell "leave this world". And of course the Paro running to dying Devdas, the last scene... I have more favourite scenes, but if I would write them all, I would be typing half the film...

Of the songs I love Hameesha Tumko Chaaha, it's also one of my favourite scenes in the film and it always makes me cry. I also like Maar Dala, Dola Re Dola and Chalak Chalak.

How I wish Shahrukh would make more such intense and tragic roles, as this was a role that really brings out the best of him as an actor.

15. klouvios

klouvios New Member

A Masterpiece
    Shahrukh and Madhuri were fabulous

16. starstuff

starstuff Well-Known Member

I have been avoiding watching this film. I know myself very well and I knew how such a tragic story would affect me.

I hate it when I'm right.

SPOILER ALERT!

I am soooooooooooooooooooo depressed. I feel as if I ache in every fibre of my being. All I wanted to do in the later stages of the film was reach out to Devdas and tell him that it didn't have to be this way, that if he could just reach out to the people who loved him, he could find a way through the pain. But it was not to be. Always fate seemed to intervene and just when there was a flicker of hope it was brushed aside as quickly as it had arrived. It is terrible for a human being to live with that level of internal pain. I have witnessed it, have watched as the person struggles b/w life and death, b/w hope and seemingly unending despair. It is not as if they deliberately want to hurt you but at that time the pain they're living with is all consuming, not just the days, but the hours, the minutes, the seconds, a never ending source of suffering. And yet isn't there a certain bravery in allowing yourself to be so open to your feelings like that? It's so much easier to block, to run, to avoid but Devdas followed the path that his heart took him on. Excruciatingly painful but truthful. What a cost though. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! :(Aching.

Such a lost soul. Oh my heart breaks. It will take a long time for this film to work it's way out of my system. I loved it when he finally reached out to Chandramukhi and told her he cared for her. But too late, for his body was too tired by then and even if he'd wanted to fight the battle was lost. I grieve for Paro. I have no idea what she would after Devdas's death. I can't imagine how she would find the strength to keep on going in that hostile house. The ending reminded me of this incredibly tragic HK film called The Killer, in which the ending was just as, if not more so tragic. So near and yet so far. How could her husband be so cruel? How could he deny her those final moments with her love? Oh, and let's not even get me talking about the double standards for men and women. I know it's a different time and place but it still hurts me to see women so oppressed.

Enough. A walk around the block is required and then unlike Devdas I'm going to retreat. The second half of DTPH sounds just about right for tonight.

17. beba

beba King is my life

My beloved Devdas... First time I was in deep but truly positive shock. After an hour I rewinded to the beginning and started once again. I could't believe I was watching such an amazing film. So my first meeting with Devdas was 5 hours long in the end ;)
    Shah Rukh is a real artist, it's a fact. He's one of the kind. His Devdas is brilliant and no one can compare to him. I was really totally groggy after watching the film. It's a masterpiece to me :)
    Madhuri is wonderful, too. She's my favourite actress and I love watching her. Her dance is.. you know what's it like... I simply can't describe its beauty...

18. Rishima62

Rishima62 Defying Gravity

I re-watched Devdas last weekend. And again - despite how sad the movie is - I am blown away by Shah Rukhs performance. I mean - he is brilliant! I actually know that but I haven't had the time to watch his movies for several weeks now and that is why I am floored again :). I mean I love him but like always when I watch a movie with him it is like falling in love with him again. I am a bit embarrassed to say so :oops:

rollercoast says thanks.
  19. tasifa

tasifa which means Blue Eyes in Thai.

Don't be embarrassed, dear. I feel exactly the same. And not just movies. Any interview he does, my heart swell a little more every time.

Rishima62 says thanks.
  20. Rishima62

Rishima62 Defying Gravity

Yes - exactly - interviews are simply awesome. I had a time, when I couldn't watch the interviews because I got so emotional ... I had to wait a little and prepare myself. Strange but true.