1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Deewangi runs for the top spot

Discussion in 'Om Shanti Om' started by SharlaJ, Jul 11, 2012.

1. SharlaJ

SharlaJ Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Farah Khan won numerous awards for her choreography before turning a successful director. Here's her journey from being a dancing queen to a filmmaker.

The song Deewangi from the film, Om Shanti Om, which can also be called the mother of all item numbers, has made its way to the top 100 songs on the list of Cinema@100, a Hindustan Times’ initiative, celebrating 100 years of cinema. For the first time in the history of Indian cinema, director Farah Khan managed to get 31 Bollywood stars to perform in a track.

“It was great fun doing the song. It had a retro yet modern feel to it, and I decided the moves of the stars accordingly. I’m grateful to all our celebrity friends for doing this for my debut movie and making it special,” says Farah.

While Shaan, Udit Narayan, Shreya Ghoshal and Sunidhi Chauhan sang the track, the lyrics were by Javed Akhtar, and the song was composed by Vishal-Shekhar.
    The huge star cast in the song includes Shah Rukh Khan, Saif Ali Khan, Salman Khan, Sanjay Dutt, Dharmendra, Jeetendra, , Mithun Chakraborty, Karisma Kapoor, Rekha, Preity Zinta, Kajol, and Priyanka Chopra, among others.
    http://www.hindustantimes.com/Enter...gi-runs-for-the-top-spot/Article1-884851.aspx

Jasmine, Wafa, mumbiene and 1 other person say thanks.
  2. MaryAnnK

MaryAnnK Well-Known Member

I think it is totally deserved!! Way to go! This song motivated me to "discover" who those big stars were. I know have seen many of them in their own films and built a library of Bollywood films other than SRK! This allows me to pick up those subtle hints that pay homage to them in the new films as well!

Anjali72 says thanks.
  3. Anjali72

Anjali72 Thanx Shah Rukh!!!

Same here. I got interested in who those stars are and therefore watched many many movies with other stars than Shah Rukh!:)

MaryAnnK says thanks.