1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

DDLJ to stay in Maratha Mandir until October 2016

Discussion in 'Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge' started by phul, Feb 18, 2015.

1. phul

phul SRK my heart my soul

Please can some one translate me what this Pic is saying? Some one on Twitter wrote Today is the last Show of DDLJ at Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge at Maratha Mandir
    B-Lla1HCMAAdMcf.jpg

Mara says thanks.
  2. tasifa

tasifa which means Blue Eyes in Thai.

It means 1009 week, From February 13 to February 19, 2015 last week ( aakhari saptaha in devanagari) 9:15 am Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge. Usually Maratha Mandir shows DDLJ at 11:30 am so they probably had an earlier presentation for the week following Valentine's day. They didn't make an announcement telling that they would stop showing DDLJ. I guess if they do, it will make the headlines of every journos.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2015
    Mara and phul thank this.
  3. tasifa

That's the schedule for the next 3 days

. upload_2015-2-19_1-58-40.png

4. phul

Oh thank you so much. Yes i think they would have made a big Announcement if they would take off DDLJ from the Program. Maybe it a Missunderstanding. I hope so much they will continue it. Thank you so much for your Reply and the translation. Can you please give me a Link to Webside where you found the Program?

Mara says thanks.
  5. phul

6. phul

DDLJ last run at Maratha Mandir, but the endless romance lives forever
    After a historic 1000 week run, Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge made its final curtain call at the iconic Maratha Mandir today.Post the 1000 week celebrations last December, the theatre had requested YRF to prepone theDDLJ morning show to 9:15 AM instead
    BJ Staff
    Posted in Press Release
    Posted : 19 / 02 / 2015 12:46 PM
    Updated : 19 / 02 / 2015 12:58 P

[​IMG]After a historic 1000 week run, Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge made its final curtain call at the iconic Maratha Mandir today.

Post the 1000 week celebrations last December, the theatre had requested YRF to prepone theDDLJ morning show to 9:15 AM instead of 11:30 AM as it was becoming difficult for the cinema to accommodate multiple new releases every week with just 3 regular shows.

Of course YRF obliged from 13th Feb 2015. However, while the theatre management was happy to continue the film for as long as it continued to draw in the audiences, owing to logistical issues of their staff having to work inordinately long hours to accommodate an additional early morning show, it was mutually decided to end the films historic & record breaking run.

After playing for 1009 uninterrupted weeks, the films unprecedented performance has come to an end at the Maratha Mandir. The film played out in the 9:15 AM show today for the last time at the theatre.

However, this endearing and endless romance will continue to live in our hearts forever…
    https://bollywoodjournalist.com/201...mandir-but-the-endless-romance-lives-forever/

Last edited: Feb 18, 2015
    MaryAnnK and Mara thank this.
  7. phul

:Cry:
    DDLJ Forever!
    19 February 2015
    [​IMG]

After a historic 1000 week run, Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge made its final curtain call at the iconic Maratha Mandir today.

Post the 1000 week celebrations last December, the theatre had requested YRF to prepone the DDLJ morning show to 9:15 AM instead of 11:30 AM as it was becoming difficult for the cinema to accommodate multiple new releases every week with just 3 regular shows.

Of course YRF obliged from 13th Feb 2015. However, while the theatre management was happy to continue the film for as long as it continued to draw in the audiences, owing to logistical issues of their staff having to work inordinately long hours to accommodate an additional early morning show, it was mutually decided to end the films historic & record breaking run.

After playing for 1009 uninterrupted weeks, the films unprecedented performance has come to an end at the Maratha Mandir. The film played out in the 9:15 AM show today for the last time at the theatre.

However, this endearing and endless romance will continue to live in our hearts forever…
    http://www.yashrajfilms.com/News/NewsDetails.aspx?newsid=729d4dd0-bab2-4a27-991f-23157d91f579

Mara says thanks.
  8. phul

Its really true i can't belive it. Why they do not nave announce it? Why so suddenly? Can't belive it. :(

Mara says thanks.
  9. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

omg!!!!!!! this is the stupidest thing ever!!!! :mad:

phul says thanks.
  10. phul

11. phul

Yes i know. I do not know why i just can't stop to cry.

12. tasifa

Well, I was wrong. That is very sad.

13. rubyroo

rubyroo Art student. Inspired by him.

It is the end of something very good and sweet. I could never go see DDLJ in Mumbai, but it made the world a better place for me just knowing it was there. I feel sad.

14. Rishima62

Rishima62 Defying Gravity

Thats very sad ...

15. phul

Not yet done: Maratha Mandir to screen DDLJ for at least one more week
    by FP Staff Feb 19, 2015 21:02 IST

There, there Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge fans, here's some good news. Even as Twitter is abuzz with tribute to the iconic film, reports — that come as a ray of hope — suggest that Maratha Mandir will run the film for at least one more week.

A Hindustan Times report says that the Maratha Mandir management, after bowing down to public pressure, has decided to run the film for a week more. It quoted Manoj Desai, executive director of Maratha Mandir cinema house as saying, "In the meanwhile, we will decide its fate."

[​IMG]
    Kajol and Shah Rukh Khan in Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge. Image courtesy: Yash Raj Films

Such is the fan following of this iconic film, that Maratha Mandir has even decided to play it at its original time of 11.30 am for this coming week. Desai told Hindustan Times, "We had requested Yashraj Films to change the show timings to 9.15am in order to accommodate new release, and they obliged. But due to public demand, we have decide it would be back to 11.30 am for this week."

Earlier in the day fans were left heart broken when a Yash Raj films statement announced that, "After a historic 1000 week run, Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge made its final curtain call at the iconic Maratha Mandir today."

They had said in the statement, "While the theatre management was happy to continue the film for as long as it continued to draw in the audiences, owing to logistical issues of their staff having to work inordinately long hours to accommodate an additional early morning show, it was mutually decided to end the films historic & record breaking run."

As the news appeared, the hashtags Maratha Mandir and Evergreen DDLJ started trending on Twitter with people expressing their disappointment.

The cult romantic film, which marked the directorial debut of Aditya Chopra, completed its 1000 weeks in December last year. Shah Rukh and Kajol had got together at Yash Raj Films studio on the occasion to relive many moments of the film, which catapulted them to the star status.
    http://www.firstpost.com/bollywood/...-ddlj-for-at-least-one-more-week-2109835.html

MaryAnnK says thanks.
  16. phul

Love rules: Maratha Mandir to screen DDLJ for one more week

Swati Goel Sharma, Hindustan Times, New Delhi

Updated: Feb 19, 2015 07:51 IST

[​IMG]
    Maratha Mandir ran the last show of takes DDLJ on Thursday, February, 18 2015.

Don't stop falling in love, yet.

Hours after it declared the end of the record-breaking 1,000 consecutive weeks screening of Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol's iconic Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge at Mumbai's Maratha Mandir, the cinema management extended its screening by a week on Thursday.

Bowing down to public pressure, the management said the 1995 film will be screened until next Thursday. "In the meanwhile, we will decide its fate," said Manoj Desai, executive director of Maratha Mandir cinema house.

What's more, the film in the coming week will be screened at the same timeslot it has enjoyed for 20 years till date- 11.30am. "We had requested Yashraj Films to change the show timings to 9.15am in order to accommodate new release, and they obliged. But due to public demand, we have decide it would be back to 11.30am for this week," said Desai, who also owns G7 Multiples and Gaiety Galaxy.

The theatre had put up a notice board outside the cinema house at Mumbai Central last week declaring that the 9.15am show on February 19 would be the last one for the blockbuster film.

The SRK-Kajol starrer began playing at the theatre after it was released on October 19, 1995, and has since enjoyed a nearly interrupted run. On Thursday, an audience of 210 watched the final show although the capacity of the theatre is 1,105 seats. The tickets are priced at Rs 15, Rs 17 and Rs 20.

Soon after, news about the last screening dubbed as 'the end of an era' spread like wildfire and took the social media by storm, hashtags like 'Maratha Mandir' and 'Evergreen DDLJ' trended all day.

"I have been receiving calls and text messages since morning, with fans feeling strongly against the decision," Desai said.

"But screening the film hardly brings any profit as only 100 or 200 people turn up for a show. So we have decided to take the matter up with Yashraj Films," he added.

Desai said he would meet DDLJ director Aditya Chopra on Tuesday, and discuss a plan to run it for another year.

The extension has brought relief to those DDLJ fans who have missed its journey at Maratha Mandir. "I will definitely take out time and watch it this week. Perhaps it could help the film survive," said Pinkesh Panchal, a resident of Mira Road.

The film was termed as a refreshing change for cinema lovers with all ingredients of a Bollywood masala potboiler -- love, romance, comedy, action, melodrama, thrills, songs and dance -- put together cohesively to tell a story of the victory of true love.

DDLJ has a simple story -- a fun loving London-bred Punjabi boy Raj (Shah Rukh) meets an NRI simpleton Simran (Kajol) during an European holiday. Love blossoms between them, but winning over the girl's conservative family is not a cakewalk for the hero, who then makes every effort to take his 'dulhania' (bride) with him.

The film also featured Amrish Puri, Farida Jalal, Anupam Kher and Mandira Bedi.
    http://www.hindustantimes.com/bolly...-mandir-takes-ddlj-down/article1-1318448.aspx

MaryAnnK, Mara and rubyroo thank this.
  17. phul

Unbeliveable :eek: He must have got really a lots of Messages.

rubyroo says thanks.
  18. tasifa

Don't underestimate the power of a Shahrukh fan!

Mara and rubyroo thank this.
  19. mumbiene

mumbiene Well-Known Member

SRK-Kajol love saga continues, Maratha Mandir to show DDLJ for one more week
    [​IMG] DDLJ, which won 10 Filmfare Awards, including Best Film, Best Actor, Best Actress and Best Director at the 1996 edition of the ceremony, had been running uninterrupted at this single-theatre cinema hall at its usual playing time slot of 11:30 am.
    Written by Sonal Gera | New Delhi | February 19, 2015 9:15 pm
    All you DDLJ fans out there, time to be happy. The cult love story, which was supposed to be taken down from Maratha Mandir today after the 9:15 am show, has been, reportedly, decided to be kept showing atleast for one more week.

The final decision would be taken after a meeting with Yash Raj films’ head and director of the movie Aditya Chopra.

Earlier in the day, it was reported that ‘Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge’, starring Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol in the lead roles, would be taken down from Maratha Mandir, where it has been running since its release on October 19, 1995.

The movie, which won 10 Filmfare Awards, including Best Film, Best Actor, Best Actress and Best Director at the 1996 edition of the ceremony, had been running uninterrupted at this single-theatre cinema hall at its usual playing time slot of 11:30 am.

Manoj Desai, owner of G7 Multiples and Gaiety Galaxy and the managing director of Maratha Mandir had said, “Yes, it’s true that we have pulled down the show. Today (Thursday) morning show was the last show of DDLJ at Maratha Mandir. The morning show which was the last show of DDLJ had an audience of 210.”

The audience were not happy with this sudden decision of bringing the curtains down on the movie and had been taking to social networking sites to express their disappointment. The theatre was also apparently flooded with phone calls by the fans after the “last show” of the movie at 9:15 am.

‘Maratha Mandir’ and ‘Evergreen DDLJ’ started trending on Twitter in no time.

The fans’ outcry might have worked and the authorities decided to retain the movie for a week more. The meeting with Aditya Chopra shall decide the further action.
    http://indianexpress.com/article/en...aratha-mandir-to-show-ddlj-for-one-more-week/

Mara, rubyroo and Vegainko thank this.
  20. Mara

Mara Well-Known Member

"But screening the film hardly brings any profit as only 100 or 200 people turn up for a show. "
    What are they thinking? If the large multiplexes in Los Angeles had 100-200 people show up for a morning show, they would be ecstatic. There are rarely 5-10 people for a first day, first show, if that, since people work or go to school. The midnight Thursday night shows may have long lines for popular shows, but not a morning weekday, especially for a show that's been playing for a while. It just takes planning to work shifts around a long schedule.
    It's sad to think that a universally appreciated love story like DDLJ will be replace by Varum Dhawan beating someone to a pulp with a hammer.

MaryAnnK and rubyroo thank this.