1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

DDLJ Making Of The Film - 20YearsOfDDLJ

Discussion in 'Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge' started by mumbiene, Oct 19, 2015.

1. mumbiene

mumbiene Well-Known Member

2. KKhan

KKhan Well-Known Member

thanks a ton was a joy to watch these videos time truly flies it was like yesterday the first time i saw this movie. This film is truly one of the greatest in the history of indian cinema watching this bought back a lot of memories

Mara and Alenka thank this.
  3. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

i loved so much abt this.... i can't put into words. what really got me emotional was Karan's reaction on seeing the footage...ufff :heart:
    haha also loved Gauir's appearance! they were so young

Mara, Rishima62 and Alenka thank this.
  4. phul

phul SRK my heart my soul

Mara and Rishima62 thank this.
  5. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

Watched the first half of the movie last night to celebrate the occasion. You really can't help smiling from beginning to end. :)

Mara says thanks.
  6. Mara

Mara Well-Known Member

“Could you tell us something about the role in this film?”
    “Yeh, it’s basically taken from the bourgeois suppression of the proletariat. A lot of it has been in the verses of Voltaire already.”
    :pound::Cry::rofl:

Rishima62 and juliet_dead thank this.
  7. Karan#1

Karan#1 Well-Known Member

^ Seen a few people mention that quote from SRK. At the risk of sounding dumb, what does it mean?

8. Mara

Mara Well-Known Member

I think he’s making fun of the “serious” Indian Parallel film movement where films were supposed to make political statements. Most popular would be themes reflecting Marxist ideas about the oppression of the poor people (the proletariat) by the wealth (the bourgeoisie). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parallel_Cinema
    These films received government funding and were ignored by the general public who found them boring. They were taken seriously at international “art” film festivals while popular main stream Hindi films were ignored.
    "So the actors, usually new and possessing no star appeal, were shorn of glamour; the settings were realistic; the stories, typically, were issue based; and there were no songs." (King of Bollywood P. 61) If I hadn't read Chopra's book 6-8 times, I wouldn't have known it either.

The French writer Voltaire was “a satirical polemicist, he frequently made use of his works to criticize intolerance, religious dogma, and the French institutions of his day.” https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voltaire

Last edited: Oct 22, 2015
    Karan#1, phul, tasifa and 1 other person say thanks.
  9. juliet_dead

juliet_dead I LOVE SRK!

:DI laughed so hard on this one while I was watching!

Mara says thanks.
  10. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

It's wonderful! :D He is so damned witty. :clap2:
    Reminds me of classic Monty Python, The Holy Grail scene when the peasants are spouting marxist dogma "Come and see the violence inherent in the system. Help! Help! I'm being repressed!"
    (embarassing to think I can quote this without having to look it up. :lol: )

Mara, mumbiene and juliet_dead thank this.