1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Darr -- the Movie

Discussion in 'Darr' started by Meghna04, Jan 25, 2006.

1. srkbest

srkbest New Member

he beat sunny....even being the bad guy and won the audiences love......ne of his comendible performances

2. Links

Links SRK is in my Heart

I Finally Watched This Movie! :D
    I Loved It!
    This is one of the best SRK's perfomances!
    HE IS TRULLY THE BEST ACTOR TO EVER BE BORN!:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

3. junibrown

junibrown New Member

I watched this movie for a third time the other day and I was wondering if anyone noticed when Shahrukh ran into a pole, banged his head on it, and then kept running? I couldn't stop laughing. I wonder if he was hurt, or had a good laugh afterwards?

It happened after he shot at Suniel and he runs away. Suneil chases him down streets, alleys, and walkways. SRK runs straight into a pole, his head literally bounces off the pole. I don't think it was done on purpose.

Another funny part is when SRK's character is dreaming of Kiran and she's dancing around in different outfits, etc. She's dancing in the rain ( I guess) and she runs and is supposed to slide gracefully, but she actually slips and falls, but tries to play it off as if it is part of the dance routine. Oh, my is it funny. Here she is trying to do this sexy dance sequence and she slips. I can't believe they didn't cut it out of the movie.

Well, the movie was still good I enjoyed it.

4. Pompula

Pompula Shahrukh Fan-Girl

I like this film and especially Shahrukh was absolutely brilliant in it (no surprise there ;)). His acting is amazing, he really seems like a crazy person, especially the eyes. As some already commented, I also want to say, I don't understand how can some say he is not a great actor. He is a brilliant highly talented wonderful actor...

But the film as a whole for me is not so great. I'm really bored with the scenes where Shahrukh isn't there. The Sunny Deol bits I just fast forward. But I love Shahrukh and Juhi and they are so cute even here, even though he is her stalker.

It's quite amazing and remarkable that Shahrukh managed to win the audiences sympathies. After all, at that time he wasn't yet the huge superstar he is today, people just saw him playing the role of Rahul and still sympathised with the stalker... That really is the magic of Shahrukh.

I do feel the film, the look and especially the sounds, does seem a bit outdated today, that's a pity, because I would have liked to hear some of his lines in more natural way. Sometimes they had used too much echo, probably to make what he was saying to sound even more crazy, but it would have been more interesting to hear his more natural voice there.

5. Pompula

Pompula Shahrukh Fan-Girl

I forgot to add.... My favourite scenes were the ones where he was talking to Juhi's pictures, he was so intensly amazing there... Also the look on his face on the Holi song, the phone calls to his dead mother and the one where he carved her name on his chest.

6. Shabana_SRK

Shabana_SRK Dr D&G

i watched it for the first time this past saturday. i was not even one wen this film came out lol. well i was so scared and SRK was so CUUTTTEEEE!!! oh and i just loved the songs tu maare saamne and tu hai maare kiran! they were great. wen it gets dark i am scared that rahul is watching me LOL SRK was amazing!!

7. sheruka

sheruka SRK forever

SRK was amazing, one of his best performances and one of his best movies.

I love k k k k k iran, omg he is so natural.
    The brilliant story line and SRK's acting is enough to bound the people in to the movie and at the end I feel soo sorry for SRK ,even though he is the bad guy.
    what a touching perfomance by him??

8. klouvios

klouvios New Member

A brilliant performance from SRK

I like the scene where he wakes up in their house, the way he opens his eyes is terrifying :scared: He convinced me that he was a maniac :scared:

Why did Rahul have to die? :(
    I would like Sunil to die :D

What an ugly match was Sunil for sweet Juhie:(

9. shallu.

shallu. Well-Known Member

The songs are awesome and I love love love psycho Rahul! One of my favourite SRK film cos I think he was believable and did such a fantastic job!

shallu.

10. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

omg, i just saw it last night and i'm speechless. really, his acting in this film was so intense, so brilliant, so powerful it completely convinced me. but i'm sorry if i sound creepy, i really loved the character. u don't see obsessed lovers like that anymore. who would do anything to get their loved ones. even go crazy. and i can't believe he died at the end! i was so not expecting that. i too forwarded most of the songs in which Shahrukh didn't appear, and most of Sunny's scenes. Juhi in my opinion was very exploited in this film, too much dancing and skin showing for the '93 lol.
    one scene i thought was really tense is the one in which sunil chases rahul. a lot lol. and i was literally wishing he doesn't catch rahul.
    i loved the lift scene and the one from her bday, and then the beginning of that song where he dreams of being with her and all.
    for me, rahul is a really intense lover, so intense that it has driven him mad. but the purity of his love remains throughout the film.
    one thing i didn;t understand is- where Rahul says after they get married, they'll join his mother- was he planning on killing them both?:eek: i was really confused
    and, of course, the end sucked big time. i hated sunil for coming and rescuing her. but i knew he would, as he and kiran were wearing those watches blah.
    kiran should have realized the amount of love rahul was ready to give her, and should have loved him back. and the end is morbid, the way they make fun about rahul's death... what's that about?:suspicious: