Crossword Puzzle competition- Kicked off now...

Discussion in 'Contests & Competitions' started by Wafa, Jul 24, 2007.

1. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!! Staff Member

I thought I would have more autographs left but I only have 2.

we are planning to have a competition of Chak de reviews in Aug where members can win an autograph. We need 2 more contests where we can give away the second autograph and a 3rd contest in which we can give away King of Bollywood book.

any ideas of what type of competitions you members suggest? we'd like something that members who didn't win previously to get a chance of winning so no banners or signature creations this time.

if you have suggestions please post them so we could agree on one.

Dear guest,

PlanetSRK is one of the largest ShahRukh Khan communities in the world.
    Please support us by registering for free!
    Just click the signup button at the top!

Thanks,

PlanetSRK Staff

3. Chicken

Chicken ♥ ♥

Re: new competitions - any suggestions?

Oh wow... such great prizes... that's awesome. :thumb:

Hmmm... new competitions... :confused2: well, I guess I will have to put on my thinking cap. :tinfoil3:

4. srkpreityfan

srkpreityfan Well-Known Member

Yeah, thinking cap time :D What about a little poetry contest? Or something funny like a top ten list (ie., 10 ten reasons you're in love with Shahrukh, or the top ten reasons you know you are addicted to Shahrukh)? I don't know, just trying to think of something.... :rolleyes:

5. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!! Staff Member

not many replied here, should I assume no one is interested? Grace and Gai are already getting an autographs so they won't be qualifying for at least one contest. how about the others who keep asking me and sending me pm for one??? where are you guys?

6. Lachchi

Lachchi Well-Known Member

Morning!

I don`t PM you....but a autograph from Shahrukh??...:thumb: :D

The contest shall be for each members.
    The banner and Signatures was beautiful, but not all can do this.......

How was a crossover puzzle ? .....or a lottery?.......or a game we can play in the game thread?

7. angialy

angialy Ullu-Club-Member

What grace said seems interesting.The top 10 reasons you're in love with shahrukh or the top 10 reasons you know you're addicted to him sound like a good ideea! i don't know...what do the others think? this might give a chance to everyone(like ME for example!:D )any more ideas?

8. meredd31

meredd31 New Member

I'm thinking hard - would be very nice to win an autograph!
    How about asking a question,for example, if you could take SRK out to dinner or spend a day out in your city with him, what kind of places & experiences would you choose? I was going to say how would you entertain him?, but that could lead to all sorts of interesting ideas!!!!!:)

9. sanjani

sanjani Ullu-Club Member

We already have a thread how would you entertain.....
    Very interesting... :D ;)

10. sanjani

sanjani Ullu-Club Member

I hope, my autograph will arrive, so I won't take part at the competition,
    but I am still thinking of ideas....

What we shouldn't forget is, that some members are not so good
    with the english language... (I would go nuts with creating a poetry, f.ex. ... :scared: :D )

11. Flowergirl

Flowergirl Ullu-Club-Member

Hmm, this is really a tough question....
    How about a voting?
    I mean, everybody should say one member of which he thinks he/she deserves the autograph and why?

I know it´s similar to the MoM... just a thought

12. sanjani

sanjani Ullu-Club Member

Yes... thought about it too.... :)

And it would be good to... how should I say....
    The members should have minimum postings or be registered on the planet
    a longer time so no one can register only for winning an autograph.... :rolleyes:
    That wouldn't be so fair to the ones who "carry" this planet with their precious presence... :kiss: :hug: :D

13. semaay

semaay Senior Member

that's a great idea, Wafa! only have to find a good contest. i am not very creative or full of ideas, but i will try to think of something :tinfoil3: :tinfoil3: . it would be great to make some fans here happy.

14. lauram

lauram Banned

that's fantastic wafa. I am sure everybody would love to win an autograph but I have been trying to think of a competition that would be fair to all and it is very difficult. there are some who aren't creative, some who struggle with the English language, or some who cannot express themselves well in writing. Is it somehow possible to just put all the names of the members who register their interest into a hit and draw 2 out. We would all trust you to be fair and honest in this I am sure. Don't know if everyone will agree but it is just my suggestion. I also know that it might not be as fun as a competition as such but maybe you could run one just for the book.

15. sonal

sonal SRK's D&G lover!

I think it would be awesome if we did the Chak De reviews but the only thing is that some members cant get to the theatre to see it or they dont have it playing near their area...what if we reviewed the sound track or something?

hmm or another idea could be something like writing a reaction on how one of his films influenced something you did or influenced your character as a person...

i m just throwing out ideas :p

16. Chicken

Chicken ♥ ♥

I like your ideas Gracie. :thumb:

I had something similar in mind like... 'what makes Shah Rukh so special for you ?'

And I agree with Sonal, that a review of the 'CDI' soundtrack might give more people an equal chance of getting an autograph... cause there are quite a few people who won't get to see the movie till it's actually out on DVD.

17. Chicken

Chicken ♥ ♥

Oh, come on Didi does this mean I won't have the chance to get another autograph !?! :Cry:... LOL... just kidding... :D... ;)

Naturally, all the members who are already getting their autographs won't take part in the 'autograph-competitions'.

Btw. I've already pre-ordered my copy of 'The King Of Bollywood'... so, I won't qualify for any of the contests :p... which is perfectly fine cause I know there a many members out there who might not have the possibility to get the book themselves and this gives them the chance to win one. :)

Whatever competition we may decide on... I definitely wish all the contestants the Best of Luck !!! :thumb:

18. Meghna04

Meghna04 ChakDe SRK!

Yes, I'm totally agree with Gai!

It's only fair from all the members who had the luck to get an autograph, to not take part on this competitions...
    Like Gai, I'm also one of the lucky Members and I've already preordered the Book...
    I would only take part "OUT OF COMPETITION"... only just for fun...

Like Sonal and Gai mentioned... the ChakDE review would be difficult for some members because they have not the chance to watch the movie before the DVD comes out...

The poetry idea would be very nice... and also the crossword puzzle (maybe in the way like the Paheli competiton)....

Yeah... when I thought longer about it... the crossword puzzle would be perfect... some questions where the answers could make the "end answer"...

Or maybe a "little" funny fantasy story... something really ridiculous... something which only WE CRAZY FANS could write (like SRK as Robin Hood, or something like that :D )

Or something like the "Add your Caption"... the best caption would win...

Or maybe something for the I-Khan Magazine...a contribution like "the best SRK and I - Story"...

mhmmm...:juggle:

19. Meghna04

Meghna04 ChakDe SRK!

or maybe a photo love story???

20. sanjani

sanjani Ullu-Club Member

How about writing a script for ShahRukh's next movie??? :typing: :director:

We can send the winner's script to Karan..... :biggrin1:

21. Lachchi

Lachchi Well-Known Member