1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

crossing SRK's path on the set of Chak De India.

Discussion in 'Chak De India' started by Wafa, Nov 7, 2006.

1. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

This is from a fan in Australia who is an extra in the film and kindly agreed to share with us a star-stricken experience meeting the King. this is exclusive to planetsrk so if you want to post elsewhere please credit planetsrk.com

" i have always been known to my circle of friends, that just when it matters the most, i am a very cool, calm and composed person – the one that holds it all together, thinking ahead and leading the way be it at work or at a personal crisis. well that became undone today because of shah rukh khan.

to put it in context, shah rukh is in town for a 2 week filming of an impending bollywood movie called “chak de india” and one of the things i wanted to do before i die is to be in a bollywood movie as an extra hence ensuring our paths crossing in this lifetime. :p. now before your minds race ahead and imagined me fainting at the mere sight of him, or screaming my lungs out declaring my undying love jumping up and down in frenzy, you can guess again because the total opposite happened.

there i was patiently seated in the stadium arena awaiting our cues from the crew, (hey i was there to take part as an “extra” in a bollywood movie as well ok – the whole thing was not just about seeing my superstar in the flesh! not!:p) when out strode my larger than life hero. ok so at this point the stadium is at a feverish pitch and there were lots of declaration of love from teens and note, forty something married women with children in tow but what happens to moi? ( i had great seats so he was a mere 10m away from me), i was literally star stricken for the screen idol i drool over all this time, leaping to life right before my eyes!

i remember thinking, “my he is fairer and taller than i thought” when i realised a keening urukai screech in my left ear. in that split second of wanting to punch the urukai’s daylights out because it is breaking my concentration/focus when i realised urukai was actually wee san shrieking “where is the camera you idiot??? so i doggedly scrambled for my camera only at that point of time and what do i get as first cut? a nice shot of his posterior as he walked towards the co-stars! :p

i managed to regain my cool and calm and was rewarded much later with good photo angles of the superstar (thank god or wee san would have killed me). unfortunately the same cannot be said for this greek grandmother who was really upset that shah rukh never personally waved back at her frantic wave of the greek flag nor a forty five-ish indian woman who threatened to knock the teeth of a crew off just because he needed her to sit down to take some shots of us “fans” from behind – she claimed she missed a good shot of the hero thanks to the crew’s demanding instructions! tsk tsk.

i think i can die happy tonight hee hee and i hope to see myself on screen when this movie debuts because i think made an exemplary fan – i was told to focus on shah rukh and not on the cameras whirring behind us and that is exactly what i did – wasn’t too hard at all! as for my path crossing with shah rukh, it definitely is something to tell my grandkids one day! :)

2. Pakiza

Pakiza New Member

wow lucky her!

3. najet

najet dil se

Re : crossing SRK's path on the set of Chak De India.

it is super lucky and I imagine in the state that it was to be I would have been similar I could not even highly have taken photographs of tremors:bowl: :bowl: of all my body which chance the film!!!!!!
    thankx wafa

4. srkbest

srkbest New Member

aww.... thanks for sharing the experience it is really sweet and thanks for the pics also

5. Tanjusik

Tanjusik New Member

Thank you very much Wafa! It's so nice story!

6. lamya

lamya Well-Known Member

awww lucky girl......

7. shahzura

shahzura New Member

Awww!!!...This girl is cute!:) ...I can understand how she must be feeling at that point of time...& I like the way she describe the whole experience...it's funny & adorable :D It just leaves you smiling after reading it...we are happy for you yaar!...& thanks for posting her story Wafa :) :thumb:

8. layla-val

layla-val Active Member

Yes indeed a great stroy to tell the Grandkids :D oh for such an experience :rolleyes: :eek: :D

Thankyou so much for sharing this wonderful experience, and for the pics, especially the one of his posterior :p :D :thumb:

9. Meghna04

Meghna04 ChakDe SRK!

...i was told to focus on shah rukh and not on the cameras...

:D
    That wasn't hard, or??? ;)

Thanks Wafa for posting this!

10. avggomez

avggomez New Member

oh thats so sweet! luky girl!

11. clochette

clochette New Member

real pleasure to read!!!! thanks for posting, Wafa. But if I've understand right, there was no interaction with ShahRukh?