1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Chennai Exrpess made me fall in love with him again

Discussion in 'Chennai Express Member Reviews' started by semsem008, Aug 29, 2013.

1. semsem008

semsem008 Well-Known Member

i admit it.. i fall in love with him again... the man is funny, very funny..... not only charismatic
    powerful combination
    i saw glimpses of the old shahrukh and his old movies but within more advanced movie made by today technology and i didnt feel it is too long

Rohit shetty is much better then farah khan and Ra one director as masala movies director
    i loved this movie much more then OSO. it was more funny and also without adult jokes as in Ra one

from a very long time i feel finally there is a director that doesnt fail shahrukh
    a director that gives him what he really deserve .. a film that every thing in it falls in its place
    a film that can be loved by heart if not by brain, a simple well done film, its power is in its simplicity

couple of things that i didnt like but can be easily overlooked
    the overshow of his trade mark step of opening the arms and bending the leg.. it was repeated even back to back and second his last speech.. i would like if it was more serious or intense.. i felt it was meant to be funny also which made some others to say that shahrukh was hamming.. no he wasnt... it was just meant to be a little funny when it shouldnt be..i dont know.. that is how i see it

unfortunately i dont lookup now for farah film.. now i want an intense serious film.. i know i wont find this with farah

rubyroo, ghada, Krisi_love_SRK and 2 others thanked this.
  2. Karan#1

Karan#1 Well-Known Member

Both Farah and Rohit are good in their own way. I think main hoon na remains the best of SRK's masala films. MHN > CE > OSO.

rubyroo says thanks.
  3. semsem008

^ yeah i love MHN very much and the songs were great no one is better then farah in filming songs and dances specialy with srk i admit that

4. semsem008

i want to add something... although the songs was translated and all but the subtitles of the whole film was awful really
    many of the sentences was not understandable and many of them didnt get the right meaning of what had been said
    i dont know who did it but the film was great experience on the whole

MaryAnnK and mira_khan thank this.
  5. mira_khan

mira_khan Khan addicted!

i'm still waiting the DVD, did you see it with arabic subs? for me it was in english, much better :)

6. semsem008

yes i saw it on theater.. it was subtitled in arabic but the subtitle was bad, the worst of all other foreigner movies i saw on screen before.
    mnik was much better subtitled.. you know the "geem" letter was written "qaf"... "Goa" was "qoa" "tangabali" was "tanqabali", the male was female sometimes :D
    that was the minor mistakes but at the end, thanks god it was releasing here, even if it wasnt subtitled at all :)

ghada and mira_khan thank this.
  7. mira_khan

mira_khan Khan addicted!

oh my God!!!! lol... my MNIK DVD is like that... the worst version i saw was Asoka in B4U aflam where the arabic subtitles were glued without intervalls between words!!!! we already havn't voyells+ a long sentence made of a serie of lettres is really really chineese!!!

MaryAnnK and semsem008 thank this.
  8. semsem008

:lol: yeah, i know what you mean. sometimes i see B4U, it is really chineese, i try sometimes to experience myself , to be smart and try to make a sentence from this series of letters and forget all about the film, i'd be very happy if i made a sentence as the line disappears quickly before i could make one :sad:

mira_khan says thanks.
  9. semsem008

it turns the film into a game ... but thanks god CE wasnt like that, it was watchable and i think you will see this same subtitle on its dvd when it releases
    it is not that bad and the tamil parts was subtitled also

mira_khan says thanks.
  10. mira_khan

mira_khan Khan addicted!

ha! GOOD... sometimes it's not really translated (like what he said to her father lol)... hope it'll be out soon :)

semsem008 says thanks.
  11. MaryAnnK

MaryAnnK Well-Known Member

I have had that experience as well with many of the Bollywood films. Makes one wonder WHO is doing the translating!!!
    When it is one of our Sweetoo's films it makes me a little sad!

mira_khan says thanks.
  12. mira_khan

mira_khan Khan addicted!

you're right, it's make me furious when i don't know the movie and then i force myself to switch the channel to avoid spoiling myself without appreciating the story :(

13. ghada

ghada ♥♥♥SHAH RUKH ♥♥♥

agree with u..add to that it was small ..they should made it bigger

semsem008 says thanks.
  14. semsem008

yeah so sad.. i think that is because the other subtitled language isnt the mother tongue for whom who putting the subtitle
    mnik was subtitled here and the movie release was delayed one week for that. it was different than this one which came with the movie

MaryAnnK says thanks.
  15. semsem008

yeah Ghada, you saw it here like me, right? .. may be it had to be bigger also, my friend (which wasnt a fan at all and know nothing about hindi language)
    told me that she didnt understand many of the written sentences

16. MaryAnnK

MaryAnnK Well-Known Member

What I have noticed in my case is that when there are poor quality subtitles it is usually a pirated copy of the movie!! I don't know about the ones that you have seen in theaters. I hope they were not pirated!

17. semsem008

of course it wasnt pirated, theaters and cinemas dont picture pirated films, also it came from the indian producers or the distributes and it was declared all over the news here and in India, how could it be pirated after all this :p .....no believe me the best of them all is English. arabic subs is not good as the English subs, on dvd i prefer all the time to see the movie with its English subtitle rather than my language and i bet other languages Spanish Dutch or French are like that also, i dont know, unfortunately i dont speak any other language :(
    seems that i gave you a very bad idea about the subs... it wasnt that bad. after all i enjoyed the movie very much and i understand it ... my friend that i was talking about enjoyed the movie v much ...thanks for ur concern Mary:hug:

MaryAnnK says thanks.
  18. rubyroo

rubyroo Art student. Inspired by him.

Chennai Express is a rare type of film for these times. A real honest to goodness family film which is truly enjoyable for all ages. I think most of what we call ''family films" nowadays are actually just children's movies that parents can feel comfortable taking their kids to.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2013
    semsem008 says thanks.
  19. semsem008

totally agree, it is a rare type of film and yes most of nowadays films that called family movies are children movies, i agree
    CE has everything for everyone in not so "realistic" nor so "dreamy" film :love:

rubyroo says thanks.
  20. Mahesh102

Mahesh102 New Member

I watch the movie wow it's amazing, Rohit Shetty first time made a movie with a good love story. SRK acting is superb especially his face expression was brilliant. Deepika surprise me in this role & again I fall in love with SRK & Deepika, I m going to watch it again, see more info here - http://bit.ly/2hctdYk

MaryAnnK says thanks.