1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Chennai Express Official Trailer

Discussion in 'Chennai Express Hall of Fame' started by phul, Jun 13, 2013.

1. Rajshri

Rajshri Well-Known Member

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!! It's finally here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! O MY GOD!!!!!!! It looks awesome yaar!!!! Kind of reminds me of Main Hoon Na :D

2. sistlashyamu

sistlashyamu Active Member

3. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

ummm... did you look on page 1 of this thread? :D

4. Rayhana

Rayhana Well-Known Member

oh my god !!!this feels like all my favourite old Shah rukh movies combined in to one!!!!!I haven't been this excited for a movie in absolutely ages ...I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!Aaaaaaaaaaaah!

srkgauri and Anjali72 thank this.
  5. Xeny

Xeny ❤️‍ ART

can you imagine from yesterday this song Chennai Express is playing in my head :D
    the rhythm got me:music: chenaaaiiiaiiiaaiiiaaai eeexpreees :whistle:

6. Vegainko

Vegainko Well-Known Member

with Russian translation :angel:

Xeny says thanks.
  7. semsem008

semsem008 Well-Known Member

the movie looks amazing... i like deppika here v much.. her accent is funny
    cant wait for the whole music track.. to put it on the visual dancing numbers up here

8. Sofie

Sofie Well-Known Member

I've been repeating this trailer quite a number of times already!:D It is really addictive!:p

MaryAnnK says thanks.
  9. Tash

Tash Well-Known Member

I looked trailer infinite number of times and there is a wish still! :D
    A wonderful sight! :cheer2:

10. Karan#1

Karan#1 Well-Known Member

Great trailer. Comes across as a complete entertainer and a welcome change for SRK. I have to say, the background music was superb.

Response among the public, media and trade is good to excellent.

Manikanta says thanks.
  11. ~(Baadshah)~

~(Baadshah)~ ♥ Μý ηαmε ιs κhαη ♥

Big time SRK fan, but so frustrated with what I've seen so far. I don't know how long I'd be able to endure Rohit Shetty's nonsense and south Indian stereotypes just to see SRK on screen. I don't mind him doing action (still really like Don), but this is just frustrating. Aaargh.

No offense to my fellow fans here and all. Just venting it all out somewhere.

12. Karan#1

SRK and a south indian actor in the film even said that the film doesn't stereotype or make fun of south indians.

13. ~(Baadshah)~

I wouldn't expect them to say otherwise - and that's understandable. I don't blame SRK for this at all FTR - I just blame Rohit Shetty entirely - and judging from the trailer it does for sure. No Tamilian EVER speaks like what Deepika speaks in the trailer. And Ra One was the same too - SRK did fine, but the whole "noodles and thayir saadham"/"ayyo" annoyed the crap out of me and many south Indians (SRK fans and otherwise) who watched the film with me. It just reflects the quality of directors like Anubhav Sinha and Rohit Shetty. SRK does his best to fit into the role irrespective of what director he works with - be it Ashutosh Gowariker or Anubhav Sinha.

All Deepika had to do was to stick to her own hindi - she already has a slight southie accent, so to say. And she should've clearly known better since she's from south herself. And surprisingly, SRK's tamil accent in RA One, is far better than what Deepika's doing here.

MaryAnnK says thanks.
  14. Karan#1

SRK's learnt from his bad stereotyping in ra.1. But c'mon this is a commercial film, not some documentary. And you speak about quality of the director, that's all fine but directors like Rohit Shetty are much more successful than an ashutosh gowariker - and that is a fact.

15. ~(Baadshah)~

Oh come on - are you saying you'd like more Chennai Express than Swades? Okay, forget Gowariker - I'd say even Karan makes better use of SRK. Or Farhan, obviously. Heck, even Farah Khan for that matters. I never said SRK shouldn't do commercial films - but Rohit Shetty? Come on now. And it doesn't suit SRK either - this kinda movies IMO.

Precisely my point - I had to cringe my way through Ra One stereotyping southies, and that was just half way through. Now I have to tolerate at least Deepika's annoying and insulting fake southie accent? That's just frustrating as a fan for me. I don't know what commercial value it adds by such ridiculous nonsense. SRK is capable of much, much better than this at least in my books.

Baree says thanks.
  16. Karan#1

I didn't like swades that much, wasn't my type of film. Now that doesn't mean I like Rohit Shetty films more than anything because I loved Gowriker's other films Lagaan and What's your rashee. What doesn't suit SRK in this film?

In the end it comes down to being overly sensitive IMO. I watch indians being stereotyped in hollywood films but find it funny and watched ra1 with 3 south indian friends and they didn't say anything.

17. raksha anantharam

raksha anantharam Well-Known Member

I think "@Baadshah" should watch the video of " Rohit Shetty's last day on the sets of Chennai Express" Rohit said a sentence there, people think I'm doing mindless action & it's very easy to do, but actually it's the most difficult..

This is just commercial cinema!!!! People go & have fun.. Public don't come out & say "Does South Indian girls talk like that" "do southies behave like that" NO!!!!!!!!!!! People will come out of the theatres & probably say "Hey it was fun ya" or "I laughed a lot it was too funny"
    This is NOT a documentary of South-Indians to point out this is wrong,that is wrong..
    This is just a simple film Shah is making to entertain us in a way which we have probably never seen him before..
    And he succeeds in making us laugh, I watched the trailer with my mum ( I'm southie btw ) we were laughing, at the end of it we had a sweet smile on our face & absolutely loved it..
    According to me every SRK fan should watch him in this avatar, enjoy themselves than being judgemental about any things in the movie..

And please don't compare Rohit Shetty with other directors, Ashutosh G does drama best, Farhan does thriller in a best way & Rohit does comedy movies and he is best in what he does.. (No double meaning dialogues especially)

P.S. :- Sorry for the boring lecture, I thought I need to say it.. :)

Tash, phul, Karan#1 and 4 others thanked this.
  18. Debbie

Debbie Stand By Him

Just some thoughts on Stereotyping, please don't anyone take offense.....
    Stereotyping you're kidding right? You think all American's are the way they are shown in Hindi movies? Some are downright terrible, Pardes for one, "our drug invested America", direct line....and it wasn't even filmed in the US, even MNIK, had stereotyping Americans in a bad light. Those kind of serious movies are much worse ones to show people falsely, because they are taken seriously.
    I will admit I do not know the difference between the people of India....but in Ra One, I thought it was Shaker's personality, the way he was personally, not where he was from....that made him act the way he did. He was a brainy nerd, plenty of nerds act different than others....maybe the nerds should of been up in arms that the nerds of the world were being stereotyped.
    This is a movie made to just have fun, honestly I have no idea if I will like it or not, duh haven't see the movie yet, but when I see it I will only be looking for fun, not any kind of serious message.
    I hope Shah makes many more "serious" movies, but I also hope he makes movies that are fun for him to do, and fun for most of us to watch.

frenchfan, Tash and Alenka thank this.
  19. Chamz

Chamz Well-Known Member

Didn't have much expectation from Rohit Shetty...Trailer looks just like all other Rohit Shetty movies.
    Truth is if it's not SRK's movie I will not even watch the trailer.....

20. AnnuSuhana

AnnuSuhana Member

trailer... Is just amazing.. I have watched it so many times that every word i remember now.. I am able to recite the whole trailer.. I wonder is this craze working for me or for everyone?? ;) :)

Tash and Karan#1 thank this.