1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Chennai Express Movie Marathon Thoughts

Discussion in 'Chennai Express Member Reviews' started by MaryAnnK, Aug 6, 2013.

1. MaryAnnK

MaryAnnK Well-Known Member

Have to wait and see!

rubyroo says thanks.
  2. rubyroo

rubyroo Art student. Inspired by him.

I will see it Thursday at 7 pm...if not sold out.

MaryAnnK says thanks.
  3. rubyroo

I got our tickets.

MaryAnnK and SRK'sPortia thank this.
  4. shruki

shruki Well-Known Member

this theme I will banish to the basement until I saw the movie itself at 15.8. not too much for her betray me. from the 16.8 I get the theme from the keler and then write / read with

MaryAnnK and rubyroo thank this.
  5. SRK'sPortia

SRK'sPortia Writer of Dreams

I Have A TICKET!!!! I'm so excited I may not sleep till I see it!!!!!!

6. rubyroo

I am going to be so careful about writing spoilers but I know what you mean. The less I find out ahead of time the happier I will be.

MaryAnnK says thanks.
  7. rubyroo

Yay! isn't it just like Christmas?

Baree, MaryAnnK and SRK'sPortia thank this.
  8. SRK'sPortia

YES!!! I'm on such a high I don't think I can come down from it. I've been dancing to the CE soundtrack ever since I got the ticket.

9. Mara

Mara Well-Known Member

CI is releasing in at least 5 new theaters in the Los Angeles area: Arcadia, Brentwood, City of Industry, Century City, and Long Beach. The regular four theaters haven’t posted Friday’s films yet, but I’m sure they will show it as well. Usually the theater is half filled or less in the morning for first day/first show, so I’m not worried about tickets. I’ll even be able to take surface streets to the closest theater. The Los Angeles freeways have gridlock by around 3:00 PM on Fridays, so later shows are impossible. Here is what one of the local theaters says on their website:

CHENNAI EXPRESS “Rahul embarks on a journey to a small town in Tamil Nadu to fulfill the last wish of his grandfather: to have his ashes immersed in the Holy water of Rameshwaram. En route, he meets a woman hailing from a unique family down South. As they find love through this journey in the exuberant lands of South India, an unanticipated drive awaits them.”

"Unique family" :D I like the CI website’s movie description better: http://www.chennaiexp2013.com/chennaiexpress.aspx

MaryAnnK, rubyroo and SRK'sPortia thank this.
  10. Debbie

Debbie Stand By Him

Got mine and my grandsons' tickets today! 7Pm first show Thursday night.....it is crazy how excited I get, I was dancing and waving my arms around after I bought them.....he just does that to me :p

Baree, MaryAnnK and rubyroo thank this.
  11. SRK'sPortia

I got the 7pm too!!

MaryAnnK, rubyroo and Debbie thank this.
  12. Debbie

Debbie Stand By Him

I'm going in Tampa FL where is your theater?

SRK'sPortia says thanks.
  13. SRK'sPortia

Tulsa, ok

14. Debbie

Debbie Stand By Him

Your an hour ahead of me...so I'll see it first hahahha just joking, I'm so excited, I can hardly stand it!

SRK'sPortia says thanks.
  15. SRK'sPortia

I know yours will be about half over by the time mine starts.

16. rubyroo

I will be the last because I'm on the West Coast.

17. Debbie

Debbie Stand By Him

Awwww, I'm just teasing.....the only important thing is we get to see it!! I really feel bad for those who don't. Can't wait till here what everyone says about it.

rubyroo says thanks.
  18. Mara

Mara Well-Known Member

I can't find it playing on Thursday night in the Los Angeles area. The closest Thursday night showing seems to be in Fresno, and that's a bit far.....
    .............................................................................................................
    OMG! I just checked my usual theater in Covina, and they have a 7:00 Thursday night show. Guess I'd better get tickets.

19. Debbie

Debbie Stand By Him

You go girl!!:D

Mara says thanks.
  20. MaryAnnK

MaryAnnK Well-Known Member

Just found mine here in Roseville, 1/2 hour north of me! Trying to round up a group to go with me!!! Khan't wait!!!! Get on the train, baby!!

Mara and rubyroo thank this.