1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Chamatkar -- the Movie

Discussion in 'Chamatkar' started by Meghna04, Jan 26, 2006.

1. Meghna04

Meghna04 ChakDe SRK!

Chamatkar

Year: 1992
    Cast: Shah Rukh Khan, Urmila Matondkar, Naseeruddin Shah, Shammi Kapoor, Deven Verma & Tinnu Anand
    Producer: Parvesh Mehra
    Director: Rajiv Mehra
    Music Director: Anu Malik

Synopsis:

Sunder Srivastava (Shah Rukh Khan) is a young graduate whose main ambition in life is to fulfill his father's dream of starting a school on his half-acre property in his village though he has no funds to execute his plans. He decides to re-locate to Dubai, with the help of his childhood friend, and pays him a large sum of money, and travels to Bombay to fly out to Dubai, but he finds out, that his friend has betrayed him. Alone, lost, and helpless in Bombay, Sunder has nowhere to go, and ends up in a graveyard. He soon comes across Marco (Naseeruddin Shah), who asks his assistance in apprehending some killers. Sunder agrees to do so. It then he realizes that the person he has promised to assist has been dead - for over 20 years....

Songs from Chamatkar:

Song: Bichhoo o bichhoo
    Singer/s: Asha Bhosle & Chorus
    Music Director/s: Anu Malik
    Lyricst: Anand Bakshi

Song: Dekho dekho chamatkar
    Singer/s: Kumar Sanu, Sukhwinder Singh & Nandu Bhende

Song: Is pyar se meri taraf na dekho
    Singer/s: Kumar Sanu

Song: Jawani deewani
    Singer/s: Udit Narayan & Poornima

Song: O meri neenden churane wale
    Singer/s: Kumar Sanu & Asha Bhosle

Song: Pyar ho jayega
    Singer/s: Alka Yagnik & Kumar Sanu

Song: Yeh hai pyar pyar
    Singer/s: Kumar Sanu & Asha Bhosle

2. Alana

Alana New Member

I just saw that movie today and there's not really much to say about it. It's a comedy and funny in a way, just entertaiment. But it's not a movie I could many times. The songs not really great and the story is very simple.

Shahrukh is sweet and naive and in some scenes a little bit overcharged. He's jumping arround and I have the impression he doesn't know what to do next. Even his dance moves are not so well as later.

As a Shahrukhfan the movie is ok.

3. sanjani

sanjani Ullu-Club Member

I saw Chamatkar weeks ago and I had the same impressions... :)
    Nice film, good to watch for a fan, one can see,
    in comparison to new films, how he has grown as an actor and dancer. :) :thumb:
    But I don't have to watch it a second time.... :rolleyes: :eek:

4. hanady

hanady Hanady

Hi guys,
    I had a DVD version of Chamatkar, at last :). But, unfortunately, I found out that it has no subtitles and I don't have a subtitles file for it. Can any body help me through this, please? Has anybody got a subtitles file for Chamatkar or knows where I can get one?

5. junibrown

junibrown New Member

I have to say I enjoyed this movie for its moral content (redemption, good over evil, etc). Plus, I always enjoy seeing a very young Shahrukh Khan.

It is a complete take on the movie Ghost, but aren't many hindi films a take on a movie from Hollywood? Some good, some bad with a few good Indian twists! That is one reason why some of these movies are fun and interesting to watch. I was laughing out loud at some of the really bad special effects. Hindi cinema has come a long way since then.

Shahrukh had to feel completely overshadowed by Naseeruddin Shah for he had not yet grown into the powerhouse actor he is today.

6. platny

platny Active Member

kali I enjoy reading your comments and reviews on movies. I share many of your views and thoughts:thumb:

7. Bridget

Bridget Well-Known Member

I bought a DVD of Chamatkar recently and I did enjoy it. It's pretty much a children's type story but cute. The special effects are very low budget...I'm sure it would be a more enjoyable movie to everyone if they had more than a skeleton budget (plus it was made 16 years ago when effects were at a lower level anywhere).

My favorite part was the song on the train when SRK gets stuck in the all female car and they try to trap/seduce him and also dress him like a girl (I laughed out loud at how he looked there in the pigtails).[​IMG] His character is sweet and naive and he does a good job portraying that.

8. Pompula

Pompula Shahrukh Fan-Girl

I really enjoy this film. It's very simple but sweet. Yes, sure the special effects were quite bad and I remember when I saw it the first time (not so long ago), I was thinking how nice it would be if the film had been made more recently so it could have been done with better effects. But then I started thinking that it's ok, that it's not so modern visually, because that kind of adds to the innocent charm of the film.

I loved the simple innocense of Shahrukh's character. I think Shahrukh always had a great deal of talent for acting, and his acting in this film is also good. However it's true that he maybe didn't have such natural talent for dancing, but he surely has improved a lot over the years. He did however have the energy that is always an important part of his dancing. He was so cute in that song Dekho Chamatkar, when he was performing for a crowd, pretending to do magictricks with help of the ghost... I also liked Shahrukh's pairing with Urmila, they were quite cute together.

9. bluey[Ru]

bluey[Ru] Guest

:pound::pound::pound::rofl:
    omg! i need to watch this movie :rofl:

10. Pompula

Pompula Shahrukh Fan-Girl

You really do :D Yes, he did look very cute with the pigtails... And there are sooo many other cute scenes and looks :heart:

11. bluey[Ru]

bluey[Ru] Guest

lool! i know it looks like its a cute movie lol
    i didnt read anyones post cuz i want to watch it and just shock me with his cuteness,, pigtails tht is :D

12. MaryAnnK

MaryAnnK Well-Known Member

A fan just can't miss this one. Watching for comparison for his growth but recognizing the charisma that is his already apparent!!!:heart::heart: I didn't know anything about this one. After watching OSO, I wondered what relationship he had to Urmila and now I now. She was so cute paired with him.

Yes, it may have been low budget but the story is simple and sweet. Something we don't have much of today and he carried it off well.

I just loved him in the song with the girls on the train. I laughed out loud at his hair in pigtails, too!!:D He is soooo cute when he is trying to look like a girl. He has done it several times and it looks like this one was the first.

13. Rachel25

Rachel25 New Member

Chamatkar is a very funny movie and the song 'Is pyar se meri taraf na dekho' is very good.

14. shorena1

shorena1 New Member

15. klouvios

klouvios New Member

I haven't seen this one, yet :)
    I want to watch all his movies
    He was :heart:adorable:heart: in his early movies with that baby face

16. klouvios

klouvios New Member

I just finished watching it
    I loved his pigtails LOL
    He is sooooooooo cute:heart: