1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Challa - Song - Jab Tak Hai Jaan

Discussion in 'Jab Tak Hai Jaan - Hall of Fame' started by kotsheno, Sep 30, 2012.

1. nika

nika Well-Known Member

I'm damn addicted to those expressions! From its beginning to end... Just can't get enough. I'm truly loving this movie even now. Though everybody says Katrina is this and that but I'm sure Yash and Aditya Chopra are the ones who are never gonna disappoint me as long as they have SRK by their side. I just love the whole feel of promos. It gets better and better every time. Specially the last part of Challa song when they meet for the first time... it was done in such a simple, yet unique way. I just did not expect that... Katrina must have felt really special with those priceless expressions on SRK's face. :D

Sofie, iamsrking and mumbiene thank this.
  2. Cyndi L.

Cyndi L. Member

Mara, I have done a video with an English translation. maybe that will help. It is here in the feed if you scroll down a bit. or you can look it up on youtube. my handle is 4MYLalways on there. I hope it helps you understand the song.

3. Ella

Ella Haan farishtey hote hain ♥

And already more than 1 million views :rockon: :madgrin:

nika and Prerna Dewan thank this.
  4. sami16

sami16 a fan not a fanboy

Never liked Rabbi Shergill, he's got one of those voices that is like marmite, either you hate or love it...unfortunately song not working for me, I'm sure AR Rahman has some other tunes in the album though!

5. Debbie

Debbie Stand By Him

Love the song, it just sticks in my mind and love SRK in this.......Cyndi L. thank you so much for the translation.....now I love it even more...how many days do we have to wait!:p

6. semsem008

semsem008 Well-Known Member

i loved the song, the music, the singer voice and the song picturization, it is really something
    about the singer not suiting SRK, we really saw worse than that, i cant except Acon voice for sharukh till now
    but i believed this voice to be sharukh's after 2 times listening :music:
    anyway, this kind of songs in a movie really dont grab my attention, i always escape them after the first minute
    but this one is really different ... all its elements was great

i loved the part where shahrukh with the blonde and the reddish girls start waving their hair.... so cute :p

7. Mara

Mara Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for the video with the translation. It all makes sense now.

8. MaryAnnK

MaryAnnK Well-Known Member

I have been listening over and over and following along with the English translation I have!!
    Oh, my! The vision I have in my head is a young man traveling through life and his meeting various "lovers" and how it affects him and his choices!
    This is not my guess at the story line but it is what popped into my head.
    I can also hear the verses being sung in the "sad" mode that Hindi film music uses so effectively!
    Just a few thoughts from me tonight after listening. Can't wait to buy it on iTunes!

The song is growing on me now. I was bothered at first by the voice not "being" Shah Rukh, but the more I listen the less it matters!

prilvsrk says thanks.
  9. ashis

ashis Member

well dude the first time is the right time . over a period of time , even hrithik roshan became good :p bwhhaahaa

10. ashis

ashis Member

nope still disagree. it s like having the voice off his epiglottis. he should have rather sung for him in MNIK BWHAHAH

11. ashis

ashis Member

love the parts from 0:21 to 0:23 in the song challa. high light of the song

12. ashis

ashis Member

well @ al members any thing karan ....will say that [ i gues s he identifies him self to k jo so tries to hav e the last word on srk bwhah :p] that " yrf know what they are doing" so " we need not have opinions" what the ..fa, wa .. faa :p

13. ashis

ashis Member

rabi shergill for srk in MNIK wuld have been so good. from the epiglottis bwhahaha :p

14. Karan#1

Karan#1 Well-Known Member

I guess you identify with salman khan for being so hard to understand :p... why would I say that? Don't expect everyone to agree with yours... by the way even though you don't like it, Challa is a chartbuster ;)

15. ashis

ashis Member

well i totally don t think salman is hard to understand he hosts a game show. well i am not expecting any one to agree with mine. your attitude when you first tagged me on saying stuff shows u want people to follow your point of view. wel read gain dude. you have a hard time. i said rabbi shergill singing for srk and nott he song. its been made my A R Rahman another of my favourite and thats a new story all together.

16. ashis

ashis Member

17. ashis

ashis Member

i do love to maintain my intelligence seriously and would refrain even replying if you havent read the sentence.

18. Alenka

Alenka Well-Known Member

Dear moderators .... some forum members infest his senseless messages, please take action.

frenchfan, semsem008, Debbie and 2 others thanked this.
  19. Karan#1

Karan#1 Well-Known Member

good luck... actually I wouldn't even have to reply if you didn't randomly bring my name up

Actually no, you were so adamant on having the film's name changed so that's why I tagged you, and stop inferring stuff about people from an internet forum lol

20. cmreeves

cmreeves Well-Known Member

Ashis: A couple of pointers for you.

1. We heard you the first time. You really don't have to repeat yourself over and over in different posts. You stated your opinion, and others are doing the same.

2. You can use one post to respond to different comments. Posting back to back, single or two-sentence posts is annoying. It's hijacking the thread.

3. You need to upload an SRK avatar. It's the forum rule.

4. Please by kind with your words. You don't have to agree with anyone, you just have to respect them.

Yeh Dil, frenchfan, phul and 5 others thanked this.